• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

What is wrong with my shoulder?

KelJu

Thats Dr. Keke to you!
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I shoulder tackled a guy at rugby practice Tuesday night, and did something to my dominate shoulder. I can't lift my hand over my head still, and it has been 2 days. Any movement that causes my arm to move hurts my shoulder. I can't lift my coffee mug or a bottle of water to my mouth to drink. Putting on my shirt in the morning is a 5 minute ordeal. I have to grab my bad arm with my good arm to do simple shit like put my car key in the ignition. I can't even wipe my ass with that arm.

It could be any number of things. I had the same symptoms when I hyper-extended my tendon (uppercut in a Muy Thai fight).

There just isn't enough to go on. Do you have a GP that you can go to?

It could be any number of things. I had the same symptoms when I hyper-extended my tendon (uppercut in a Muy Thai fight).

There just isn't enough to go on. Do you have a GP that you can go to?

Yeah, but I sure do hate going to the doctor. If my arm isn't at least 50% by Monday, I will see a GP then. I can't afford to take off from work right now, and Mondays are my day off.

Sounds good. You'll need to take off from any weight training and Rugby you have until then.

When you made the hit in Rugby, did you hit with your shoulder or your arm? You said it was a shoulder tackle, but did you actually use any part of your arm?

Sounds good. You'll need to take off from any weight training and Rugby you have until then.

When you made the hit in Rugby, did you hit with your shoulder or your arm? You said it was a shoulder tackle, but did you actually use any part of your arm?

I used very little arm. My shoulder hit him in is thigh or knee. The contact spot was right on my trap. There was a nice sized bruise. I just can't figure out why my arm is so weak now.

you could have a slight dislocation maybe even sub fluxed it.

Last edited:
I used very little arm. My shoulder hit him in is thigh or knee. The contact spot was right on my trap. There was a nice sized bruise. I just can't figure out why my arm is so weak now.

It's probably not a tendon injury then.

It could be alot of things. Best bet would be getting a referral from your GP and getting that shit MRI-ed. You could also see a PT so they can assess what movements you are having problems with and maybe they could diagnose your injury.

Good luck.

Other than that, take it easy.

I agree with fufu. Your symptoms are exactly what mine were when I landed on my shoulder while playing softball. After a few days of misery, I went to my GP who referred me to an excellent PT. No surgery required and it took 3 months of PT visits and another 3 months of doing similar stretching exercises at home, but it eventually did heal.

The PT had a model of the shoulder joint. It's one poorly designed joint. As it was explained to me, since there are so many degrees of freedom in the shoulder (think of all the ranges of movement you can do normally), the ligaments and connecting tissues are very "stretchy" (not the technical term, but it escapes me at the moment) and it doesn't take much to mess them up.

Good luck, KelJu.

Grrrr! I played football for 12 years. Don't tell me that I received a season ending injury in less than 3 weeks of rugby.

IML Gear Cream!
go to the doctor.

i wouldn't try and wait it out. if you can't move it and you are in pain when you try to move it, then you need to get that looked at ASAP. Not moving the shoulder leads to problems in and off itself and not being ABLE to move the shoulder means that something is very wrong. Don't waite.

so have you found out anything about your shoulder?

so have you found out anything about your shoulder?

It was my rotator cuff. I'm out for the season, and probably won't be able to work upper body for a few months. It doesn't seem to be getting much better either.

What's the plan for recovery? Is surgery an option?

i've hurt my rotator.. infact i was going to mention that but it looks liek you know. go to a pt and get the exercises that you will need to do to heal.

mine took a long time to heal, but it did without any surgery

What's the plan for recovery? Is surgery an option?

I can't afford surgery right now. I can't afford PT either. I will be doing my own rehabilitation. All I can do is dig up all the information I can and hope for the best.

go buy a band. bands are smooth in the motion, and you can stand closer(easier) or farther away(harder) so you can adjust to what feels right as far as resistance

i couldnt really find any links that show the movements other than this one. instead of lying, do them standing and attach the band to a doorway(most some with a piece to do this). Rotator Cuff Exercises - March 15, 2003 - American Family Physician

those (as well as some others) is what i did. maybe p-funk will chime back in with something as well

It was my rotator cuff. I'm out for the season, and probably won't be able to work upper body for a few months. It doesn't seem to be getting much better either.

ah, damn that fukking sucks man.
I had shoulder problems a couple years ago, couldn't find shit on x-rays and the doc didn't want to do an mri for some reason. I did a lot of L-Flyes and Cuban Rotations, and took a lot of Supercissus RX... and it finally healed.
Probably would have healed faster if I hadn't kept trying to train through it, but I'm a stubborn fool sometimes.
Best of luck KelJu, hope this helps.

IML Gear Cream!
Do you know the problem with the rotator cuff and how do you know?

I am assuming you never got an MRI?

Do you know the problem with the rotator cuff and how do you know?

I am assuming you never got an MRI?

MRI would have cost me $1,000. The Dr. was a GP, and didn't seem to really care very much about it. He gave me some stupid pamplete and a script for hydrocodone. I didn't even get the pills filled.

I had just spent $600 last month on new orthotix because I developed Plantar Fasciitis in my feet, I had to buy a $150 boot that I wear at night that stretches my foot, and I am in the process of moving, so I am wiped out financially for a while.

On a positive note, my podiatrist was bad ass, and my Plantar Fasciitis went away after just little over 2 weeks of wearing my new orthotix. One down, one to go.

Grrrr! I played football for 12 years. Don't tell me that I received a season ending injury in less than 3 weeks of rugby.

I guess the lack of pads in rugby means that you are more susceptible to these sort of injuries. Wearing football gear would absorb the worst of this sort of contact injury. Guess it's part of playing a pretty hardcore sport like rugby.

kelju, man. that sucks ass, dude.
i hurt my left shoulder back in september of last year. i too didn't have enough to get an MRI done, but my GP and PT both said it was rotator cuff related, most likely rotator stress. i hurt it doing military DB presses. when my left shoulder gave out the 35lb Db came down, taking my shoulder with it at an almost 45-degree angle in the wrong direction. it was accompanied by all kinds of popping and tearing noises. i thought i had dislocated my shoulder until my shoulder naturally rotated back into the socket. to this day i'm still very nervous to pick up the dbs and hold them anything above an arm curl.

anyway, my doctors strongly suggested that i be icing it at least once a day and even take ibuprofen or something to reduce the inflammation.

i was given a band and started doing rehab exercises every night, slowly building up to heavier gauge bands. look up that website that premier told you about. i could even look at it and tell you which ones i did if you want. some of them i could tell were helping and others i could tell were just 1 or 2 reps away from hurting it worse, so be careful when you're trying them out. your ligaments are very weak now.

i took about a month off from lifting and tried some stuff in november. re-injured my rotator cuff and took a solid 3 months off. i've been back at the gym for about a month or so now and just now started adding shoulder stuff back into my routine. the baby weights, mind you.

i don't want to bring you down, but i hope you can learn from my mistake of wanting to rush back into things too quickly. also i hope you see that people can and do recover from it! it's a slow, long process. but ice your shoulder, do the rehab exercises, and you'll start rebuilding your rotator cuff's strength.

i know how discouraging it is. hang in there man.

-a fellow recovering rotator cuff injury victim

kelju, man. that sucks ass, dude.
i hurt my left shoulder back in september of last year. i too didn't have enough to get an MRI done, but my GP and PT both said it was rotator cuff related, most likely rotator stress. i hurt it doing military DB presses. when my left shoulder gave out the 35lb Db came down, taking my shoulder with it at an almost 45-degree angle in the wrong direction. it was accompanied by all kinds of popping and tearing noises. i thought i had dislocated my shoulder until my shoulder naturally rotated back into the socket. to this day i'm still very nervous to pick up the dbs and hold them anything above an arm curl.

anyway, my doctors strongly suggested that i be icing it at least once a day and even take ibuprofen or something to reduce the inflammation.

i was given a band and started doing rehab exercises every night, slowly building up to heavier gauge bands. look up that website that premier told you about. i could even look at it and tell you which ones i did if you want. some of them i could tell were helping and others i could tell were just 1 or 2 reps away from hurting it worse, so be careful when you're trying them out. your ligaments are very weak now.

i took about a month off from lifting and tried some stuff in november. re-injured my rotator cuff and took a solid 3 months off. i've been back at the gym for about a month or so now and just now started adding shoulder stuff back into my routine. the baby weights, mind you.

i don't want to bring you down, but i hope you can learn from my mistake of wanting to rush back into things too quickly. also i hope you see that people can and do recover from it! it's a slow, long process. but ice your shoulder, do the rehab exercises, and you'll start rebuilding your rotator cuff's strength.

i know how discouraging it is. hang in there man.

-a fellow recovering rotator cuff injury victim

Thanks for the info. Rushing back won't be a problem considering that putting on a shirt in the morning is a 2 minute, and very painful ordeal.

I posted a good link in the FAQ thread about internally rotated humeri, which is something I wouldn't be surprised if you have it.

Oh yeah. I knew I had internally rotated humeri. I should probably spend some more time trying to correct that.

Back