• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Strictly Upper Split

michiganfball01

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Not new to this forum by any means, but just used it over the years as a place to gain more and more knowledge about lifting and working out as I played high school sports.

I am 18 years old and attend college where my diet is as strict as I can possibly make it. Drink anywhere from a Gallon to 1.5 Gallons of water a day depending on if it is a training day. I played football my fall semester at a Division II school and tore my acl and it was my opposite knee of the one I tore my sophomore year. I decided to give up football and attend a bigger school so I am at the University of Kentucky now. I am 6' 185 pounds and have been lifting for almost 5 years now with serious football and sport oriented lifting for 4 years. I don't know my current bodyfat percentage but it has to be close to 10% because my upper abs are defined with some, but less definition in my lower abs. I would describe myself as an ectomorph, but have some mesomorph characteristics such as broad shoulders for example. In high school and going into college I followed an olympic lifting regimen with a high volume of sprints and plyometrics. After tearing my acl in the fall I decided to try p/rr/s and I recently finished a 12 week cycle of p/rr/s training incorporating FD/FS training after my rep range week. So technically it was P/RR/FDFS/S training for the last 2 sessions. Since I couldn't do any lower body exercises I decided with this split:

Monday - Chest/tris
Tuesday - Back/ light bi's
Wednesday - off
Thursday - Delts and traps
Friday - Bi's tri's and forearms

I know what some of you are thinking in that it might be overtraining my tris and delts cuz of lack of rest between days, but I tried the split for 2 weeks and never felt any effects of overtraining at all so i went ahead and continued.

After doing this split and lifting over the years my chest has always lagged behind. In high school I could power clean well and front and back squat well, but still bench was always down. It never posed as a problem in sports, but it was a psychological thing in other words. After basically reading this forum for a couple years now with limited posts and private messages, and gaining knowledge from Cowpimp, Prince, Mudge and the more recent knowledgable mod's (hope no one takes offense to me naming certain names) I was hoping to find another upper split routine.

I want to incorporate more chest and maybe hit it twice a week. Maybe a heavy day on monday and a light day on thursday or something of the sort. I just want to pick up my lagging chest because my back has always been stronger. Any help please?

well finaly some one that can train four times a week with out a problem. i do a four day split for a while as well. my four day is about development. here is how my split works. day one:chest, tris, front delts. day two: light on the lats, biceps, rear delts, traps, terus, rhomboids. day three rest day four: chest again no isolation for front delts becouse the benching hits em good enough, tris again. day five: biceps, traps, lats, rhomboids, terus. this split has been working great for me. all this is done with moderate weight, 3 sets 6-8 reps. i have picked up a lot of definition in my arms chest and back doing this. also a little bit of size.

Too much delts/tris. Those muscles are recruited when you're doing heavy compound movements for your chest (i.e. presses).

Read the stickies for more info, but I would change to a push/pull split.

Maybe something like this:

Push
Off
Pull
Off
Off
x Repeat

as i stated in the other thread compound movements are the best way to go. the list of muscles are the muscles that get worked on my routine. sorry i should have stated use compound movements, and not alot of isolation movements.

Back