• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Dilemma

Morox

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I posted this on another forum and the reason I posted here as well is because from experience, I get different opinions. Anyways, here is my issue...

First of all, here are my stats:

5'8" and 173 lbs sitting at 14% bf (measured with calipers)...

My bulk is at a halt due to the fact that I am completely sick of stuffing my face and I no longer want to do it anymore. Is it possible to eat completely clean/strict and stay at 170ish pounds and start to lean out?

If you were just on a bulk and got to 173 lbs then chances are you'll lose some of that weight due to fat gained and water weight. Whatever lean mass and muscle you put on during the bulk will stay as you start cutting as long as you do it properly. Depending on how long you've been bulking, your training routine, and what kind of diet you were on will determine the gains you made. What kind of bf% goal are you considering?

If you were just on a bulk and got to 173 lbs then chances are you'll lose some of that weight due to fat gained and water weight. Whatever lean mass and muscle you put on during the bulk will stay as you start cutting as long as you do it properly. Depending on how long you've been bulking, your training routine, and what kind of diet you were on will determine the gains you made. What kind of bf% goal are you considering?

Actually, I will post some pictures of my progress to get an idea of where I stand. I wouldn't mind going down to 9-10% if possible without sacrificing too much weight. I started bulking around October up until now. My routine looks like this...

Monday (chest)

-Bench press
-Incline dumbbell press
-Dumbbell flies

Tuesday (legs)

-Squat
-Leg extension
-Leg curl
-Calve raises

Wednesday (back)

-Deadlift
-Dumbbell row
-Lat pull down (front and back)
-Good morning

Thursday (Arms and shoulders)

-Military press
-Arnold press
-Barbell shrug
-Lateral raise
-Skull crusher
-Barbell curl

If you're planning on reaching a bf% of 9-10 you'll probably end up closer to 160-165lbs if you stop bulking. If mass is more important to you than getting cut you may want to consider staying on the bulk for another month if you want to be a lean 170+ lbs. At 173 lbs 14% bf you have roughly 25 lbs of fat.

You could either continue the bulk for a bit longer or go straight for the cut and try to focus on gaining lean mass by adjusting your diet (which is possible, but might take time depending on your metabolism and genetics).

If you're planning on reaching a bf% of 9-10 you'll probably end up closer to 160-165lbs if you stop bulking. If mass is more important to you than getting cut you may want to consider staying on the bulk for another month if you want to be a lean 170+ lbs. At 173 lbs 14% bf you have roughly 25 lbs of fat.

You could either continue the bulk for a bit longer or go straight for the cut and try to focus on gaining lean mass by adjusting your diet (which is possible, but might take time depending on your metabolism and genetics).

I am in a slump right now and I can't eat anymore. I already consume 3500+ calories and I gag at the end of my meals a lot of the time. I think I am just going to cut right now.

I am in a slump right now and I can't eat anymore. I already consume 3500+ calories and I gag at the end of my meals a lot of the time. I think I am just going to cut right now.

i'm one month into my bulk and i've started putting on some weight. but i can see what you mean about stuff your face. if i ever get to that point i'm not going to force it. i never want to hate any part of my diet. bulking or cutting.

when you start cutting you may want to give you body a day off between legs and back days. give your body enough time to recover and strength itself before you hit the weights to other two days.

That is what I would do. In my opinion, cutting is much easier right after a bulk, since most of the work is really the shift in calories.

That is what I would do. In my opinion, cutting is much easier right after a bulk, since most of the work is really the shift in calories.

What if I do this in cycles? Like cutting and bulking? I plan to go down to 163 or so and if I see a nice fat loss than when I was previously 163, I plan on bulking again to around 185. What if I do that on and off without the long bulking periods and cutting but rather, shorter period?

IML Gear Cream!
What exactly is your goal here? If you were bulking that long you should have put on more weight,I personally think if u start cuttn now your not gonna look the way u want ,like the gentlemen said u will loose alot.Im really curious about your situation because im bulkn right now,started at 156 pounds and now at 175 with good musce mass only been bulkn for 1.5 months,the 3500 calories not gonna work im taking in no less than 5000 plus 230-270 grams of protein per day and its made wonders.i know how u feel i could barely eat 2300calories a day but your body is a amazing thing it will adapt to what ever you throw at it,but you just got to give it time.IF i can help just let me know i can give u an idea of my diet.GOOD LUCK

What if I do this in cycles? Like cutting and bulking? I plan to go down to 163 or so and if I see a nice fat loss than when I was previously 163, I plan on bulking again to around 185. What if I do that on and off without the long bulking periods and cutting but rather, shorter period?
How long of periods are you thinking about? I find it easier to just set aside 2 or 3 (if I am am fatter than normal) months for cutting, but any shorter than two, I don't know what would be the point. I can understand wanting to keep the amount of time actually cutting down, since it is very hard to cut and live a comfortable, normal, socially active life with the kind of strict eating required for a successful and short cut. As of late I have been bulking slowly, not getting up to the amount of calories I had previously bulked at. The reason being is that I'm comfortable with my build right now, but I have found previously that bulking at around 3 months time is good for around a 15 pound gain (12 or so being muscle mass for myself).

Back