• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Trying to build mass. Need some help.

Biggzy

Registered_Abuser
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'm looking to build some mass and could use help and feedback from the veterans that have been doing this for a while.

Quick background info:

I'm currently 5'8, 191 lbs. Not sure of my BMI, but I could lose some fat. I like being decently thick, but would like to be thicker. I used to be ridiculously fat at 250 lbs, then started working out about 3 years ago and have been with it ever since. I lost about 60 lbs and have put on some decent muscle, but would like to get more serious about it.

Here's my routine that I've been doing for the past 6 months. I figured I would just stick with it, and switch up the amount of weight and reps.

Monday - Chest/tris
Tuesday - Back/Bis
Wednesday - Off
Thursday - Legs
Friday - Shoulders
Sat/Sun - Off

throwing abs in there every other day. So first question is, is a split routine like this a good idea for building mass? Or should I switch to a Push/Pull/Legs routine? Should I do cardio at all or should I do some form of HIIT?

I think my diet will be ok. I'm gonna try and follow the "mass building" diet in the february issue of Muscle and Fitness.

My next main questions are about supplements. This is what I'm taking and I know I should add something. So far I take:

Multi-vitamin
Flaxseed Oil
Fish Oil
Superior Amino 2222
Whey Protein

I figured I should probably add some creatine and maybe No-xplode or something like that. What do you guys recommend? Is it a bad idea to take them both together? What supplements do you guys like for mass building? How much, how often, etc?

I know have more questions I just can't think of them right now.

first off, any one in a million splits can be used for hypertrophy because the key thing to building mass is your diet. second, cardio is fine but I am thinking that doing HIIT might be counterproductive to size gains, unless you are taking in enough calories. someone of more knowledge might be able to fill you in better about the HIIT.

I would change to a push/pull/legs routine. How long have you been lifting? Maybe take a look at the stickies for P/RR/S.

Cardio's fine when you're trying to build mass, you'll just have to eat more to compensate.

As for everything else, keep it simple: lift, eat, rest. Make sure you're getting enough food and rest and you'll grow.

Bulk up to 215 by eating lots of protein and good carbs. Use heavy compound movements. Go real big with your lifts. Then when you hit 215, cut down to 195.

I don't agree

Man, I think your're getting bad advice. Working the muscles doesn't reduce fat. You have to cut your calories, so that the weight training can take hold. They work in tandem..Up the cardio (running, cardio) while upping the weights.

I know that you don't want to sacrifice your muscle, but fat only goes when the body says "cut this shit, I'm starving" It's a f*cking balance between calories in and calories out. (And it's not short term) Come on iron guys! Help the man.
:thumb:

Personally I would focus on bulking OR cutting - I dont believe you can build muscle whilst cutting fat - bulk up first then strip off the fat. Thats whats worked for me.

Back