• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Strength Training Program

sakbar

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey guys, how does this stength training program look?

I found it interesting for several reasons:
1. All Compounds
2. Just three workouts/week of 30 minutes each

Please let me know if this is a good routine implement.

Thanks!
Bar

go with the 5x5 website.

go with the 5x5 website.

I strongly disagree...I have competitively powerlifted before and the 5*5 website is just an ordinary old workout....I have been lifting for 12 years and have tried everything and I can tell ya right now the website I put down will give you better results because it works all musclefibers...safely, quickly and efficiently. It is similar to what I did at Olemiss...a lot of the strength and conditioning coaches used this method...what pfunk said is badly obsolete when it comes to training although it does work all musclefibers...it is the obvious...in other words its just like the old routine I can come up with in my head with out thinking...the one I gave has been very well though out...I evaluated it and its a winner in my book. I can tell ya anything on the human body including developing my own programs. The best learning of all is not a degree...because I have been known to show up a person with a degree anyday, but it is learning through what you read, do, and who you are around...that is what is most effective...a degree has nothing on on the job training...I do however almost have my bachelors...so I am not saying im uneducated in anyways...I am just telling you to really get out there and talk to the people who are professionals...they are contagious....From me doing that I can say pretty much that I am a pro when it comes to the way the muscular structure of the human body works....and its all because I wasnt afraid to research and ask. Good luck to ya brother.

I was lifting 430lbs by age 17 and squatting and deadlifting 700 at age 17 with the above method I stated....if that isnt results I dont know what is.... MY uncle is a doctor at the diabetes center in little rock, and also a former physical therapist, and IFBB pro bodybuilder...and this is the same thing he went by...maybe not the same program but the same idea. He dislikes the 5*5 because your muscles get used to it to quickly.... There is really no versatility in the muscles being worked.

Last edited:
Funniest shit ever.

700 lb squat at 17 HAHAHAHAHAahahaha.

I strongly disagree...I have competitively powerlifted before and the 5*5 website is just an ordinary old workout....I have been lifting for 12 years and have tried everything and I can tell ya right now the website I put down will give you better results because it works all musclefibers...safely, quickly and efficiently. It is similar to what I did at Olemiss...a lot of the strength and conditioning coaches used this method...what pfunk said is badly obsolete when it comes to training although it does work all musclefibers...it is the obvious...in other words its just like the old routine I can come up with in my head with out thinking...the one I gave has been very well though out...I evaluated it and its a winner in my book. I can tell ya anything on the human body including developing my own programs. The best learning of all is not a degree...because I have been known to show up a person with a degree anyday, but it is learning through what you read, do, and who you are around...that is what is most effective...a degree has nothing on on the job training...I do however almost have my bachelors...so I am not saying im uneducated in anyways...I am just telling you to really get out there and talk to the people who are professionals...they are contagious....From me doing that I can say pretty much that I am a pro when it comes to the way the muscular structure of the human body works....and its all because I wasnt afraid to research and ask. Good luck to ya brother.

I was lifting 430lbs by age 17 and squatting and deadlifting 700 at age 17 with the above method I stated....if that isnt results I dont know what is.... MY uncle is a doctor at the diabetes center in little rock, and also a former physical therapist, and IFBB pro bodybuilder...and this is the same thing he went by...maybe not the same program but the same idea. He dislikes the 5*5 because your muscles get used to it to quickly.... There is really no versatility in the muscles being worked.

I took a look at the website you posted for a second last night and recommended the 5x5 site as it seemed like the lesser of two evils.

a) it is impossible to prescribe specific exercise recommendations through the internet, without seeing the person and being there to assess and then analyze technique.

b) THe 5x5 program is a great program for beginners and even advanced lifters as it uses basic strength exercises and obeys the rules of progressive overload.

c) I am not seeing how the other website wont "use up your muscles to quickly," as you put it (what ever the fuck that means). The programs on the website you put are the exact same exercises in all three of the phases he has. He doesn't understand the force velocity curve either given his recommendation for speed, strength, and power work.

Power/Rep Range/Shock...check the stickies. thats the best deal your gonna get friendo.

5 X 5 program

Hi P-funk,

How does this program look? It is an adaptation from what I've gathered about the 5 X 5 program across this site and also several others.

Monday:
-------
1. Squats: 5 sets of 5 reps each
2. Bench Press: 5 sets of 5 reps each
3. Barbell Rows: 5 sets of 5 reps each
4. Close Grip Bench Press: 3 sets of 8 reps each
5. Sit-Ups: 5 sets of 20 reps each

Wednesday:
----------
1. Military Press: 5 sets of 5 reps each
2. Deadlifts: 5 sets of 5 reps each
3. Chin Ups: 5 sets of 5 reps each
4. Barbell Curls: 3 sets of 8 reps each
5. Reverse Crunches: 5 sets of 20 reps each

Friday:
--------
1. Squats: 5 sets of 5 reps each
2 Bench Press: 5 sets of 5 reps each
3. Barbell Rows: 5 sets of 5 reps each
4. Close Grip Bench Press: 3 sets of 8 reps each
5. Sit-Ups: 5 sets of 20 reps each

Thanks,
Bar

Power/Rep Range/Shock...check the stickies. thats the best deal your gonna get friendo.

No.

Maybe for hypertrophy, and possibly for initial strength gains.

Problem is though that P/RR/S only works power hard once every 3 weeks. You need more than that if you're going to do strength training.

What about Westside?

I would ditch the CG bench press on mon and friday.

Also, have a progression for squatting...

monday- squat 5x5 with a constant weright for all 5 sets. Start light in the first week (around 75%) and increase 5lbs every week as you make improvements.

friday- do warm up sets up to a heavy 5RM (so 1 set of 5 reps). This should be near a 5RM weight. Again, start light in week one (~80-82.5%) and add 5lbs each week. It is about what you can squat in week 1, as much as it is about what you can squat in week 5.

On wed., in the original 5x5 program, you would squat again with a weight that is 20% less than what you used on monday. Since you are opting for the deadlift, I would drop that and change it to an RDL and also, instead of doing 5x5 on that day, go with 3x8 (a little bit of unloading in the week). Change the press and the chin up to 3x8 on wed. also.

hope that helps.

IML Gear Cream!
I took a look at the website you posted for a second last night and recommended the 5x5 site as it seemed like the lesser of two evils.

a) it is impossible to prescribe specific exercise recommendations through the internet, without seeing the person and being there to assess and then analyze technique.

b) THe 5x5 program is a great program for beginners and even advanced lifters as it uses basic strength exercises and obeys the rules of progressive overload.

c) I am not seeing how the other website wont "use up your muscles to quickly," as you put it (what ever the fuck that means). The programs on the website you put are the exact same exercises in all three of the phases he has. He doesn't understand the force velocity curve either given his recommendation for speed, strength, and power work.

"He doesn't understand the force velocity curve either given his recommendation for speed, strength, and power work".....
This is incorrect as if you go to any major football program, this is the approach they take for speed strength and power work.

I understand where your coming from...but it is unnecessary to change up in each phase as you are doing different tempos....the tempos and the amount of reps are the critical factor in building size strengh and power...Any strength and conditioning coach at colleges will tell you this...I do see what you mean when it comes to not being there in person and seeing the guy...you do have a point there....and I would agree 5*5 is a good beginner workout...maybe it would have been smarter if I would have figured out where his level is first...but anyway I respect the knowledge you have and am not trying to ...argue...i should have got more info on the guy...you have a point.

Funniest shit ever.

700 lb squat at 17 HAHAHAHAHAahahaha.

Its very true...buddy...I was 17 years old....At 14 I was liftin 250 on bench and squatted 400...so if you want to laugh do but dont laugh at me because you havnt had as much success as I have in the strength arena.

I would love to see a world record squat at 17.

thats not a world record squat my friend...I played football in mississippi and had I not broke my hand I would have set the record for powerliftin in mississippi....we had a guy on our team who was 18 years old 5'8 305lbs and he squatted 1015lbs. We take our weightliftin a lil more serious down south.

I guess so...He had 12 plates on each side my friend....my cousin benched 730lbs....my strength and conditioning coach could bench 750lbs...do you actually believe just because those people compete at those competitions that it makes them literally the strongest in the world....that is so bullshit because I have seen people lift more than half the frickin weightlifters in the olympics.

Ummm sure ok.

Well now I know just to brush your posts off as full of shit.

IML Gear Cream!
Ummm sure ok.

Well now I know just to brush your posts off as full of shit.

Your a fucking northern dumbass canuck...Ive seen your peoples work ethics when it comes to lifting and I can tell you thats why you have no people at the world competition level....believe what you want but it is all true... right now and took a year and a half off of lifting yet I am still liftin over 400lbs and squattin well over 600...so full of shit...you need to get out more buddy.

Yep you have shown me.

All you are is young, dumb and full of cum.

Easy to talk shit on the internet, but when someone calls out your bullshit, you have nothing to stand on.

Im not goin to argue with you as I know what I have seen and done...and by the way if your a man and your balls have dropped I hope to God you have cum in ya...Oh wait...thats why you have never passed the strength threshold...Get another job buddy...all you are good for is nutritional advice...from your lack of experience with strength as you have shown me it is best you stay in that area.

Another pot shot, cause you got called out. Poor little kid, got his feelings hurt.

I couldn't give a shit if I was good for nothing here. Heck I am good for nothing. However I don't make up stories trying to inflate my ego.

I missed having Johnnny around you will be a good replacement. Just another loud mouth dipshit, who needs to read and listen more, before he opens his mouth.

Another pot shot, cause you got called out. Poor little kid, got his feelings hurt.

I couldn't give a shit if I was good for nothing here. Heck I am good for nothing. However I don't make up stories trying to inflate my ego.

I missed having Johnnny around you will be a good replacement. Just another loud mouth dipshit, who needs to read and listen more, before he opens his mouth.

buddy im not goin to argue with your dumbass...i know more about fitness than you know the English language...so its sensless to argue with a 30 somethin year old man who prolly sits at a computer all day acting like he knows what hes talking about bout and has nothing better to do than to call someone a liar on how much weight I can lift...I did that in middle school...im outta college and in the military now...I have more sensable things to do than to argue with the likes of your dumbass. That explains why your from canada...hmm...yall might as well be american...oh yeh..the scum bled off to canada.

Can you post a vid of you or your friends performing these impressive lifts?

Or go set some world records, even - if you're gifted why not get your name in the books?

buddy im not goin to argue with your dumbass...i know more about fitness than you know the English language...so its sensless to argue with a 30 somethin year old man who prolly sits at a computer all day acting like he knows what hes talking about bout and has nothing better to do than to call someone a liar on how much weight I can lift...I did that in middle school...im outta college and in the military now...I have more sensable things to do than to argue with the likes of your dumbass. That explains why your from canada...hmm...yall might as well be american...oh yeh..the scum bled off to canada.

You got nothing on me so you think.... ah I will bash Canada..... Pretty weak.

I am not arguing anything with you. I called you out on a bullshit lift, cause you think it is cool to post that. The more you type and the more posts you leave, continues to show how stupid you actually are.

You have shown nothing about your fitness knowledge to prove that you know anything above average. You talk about cycling M1t saying it isn't a steroid, and how you cycled it 8 times in a year, seems like your knowledge is below average at best.

RDL - Romanian Dead Lifts

I would ditch the CG bench press on mon and friday.

Also, have a progression for squatting...

monday- squat 5x5 with a constant weright for all 5 sets. Start light in the first week (around 75%) and increase 5lbs every week as you make improvements.

friday- do warm up sets up to a heavy 5RM (so 1 set of 5 reps). This should be near a 5RM weight. Again, start light in week one (~80-82.5%) and add 5lbs each week. It is about what you can squat in week 1, as much as it is about what you can squat in week 5.

On wed., in the original 5x5 program, you would squat again with a weight that is 20% less than what you used on monday. Since you are opting for the deadlift, I would drop that and change it to an RDL and also, instead of doing 5x5 on that day, go with 3x8 (a little bit of unloading in the week). Change the press and the chin up to 3x8 on wed. also.

hope that helps.

Thanks a lot for your feedback, P-funk. I really appreciate it.

Instead of the CG Bench Press I will throw in two sets of tricep movements most likely Lying Tricep Extensions.

I take it that RDL means Romanian Dead Lifts? These seem to be pretty close to Straight Leg Deadlifts, or at least my understanding of it.

Regards,
Bar

Back