• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

burntout.. need a fresh start (critique/suggestions appreciated)

vanessa5691

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey everyone. I'm an 18 year old female tennis player and I'm trying to design a lifting program that will
1. help me increase my strength and muscle mass (5'5", 115 lbs, trying to put on about 5 lbs of lean muscle mass.
2. Improve performance on the tennis court (speed,explosiveness)
3. Maintain a healthy/fit body

Long story short, I've been an athlete my entire life. I've played competitive tennis since I was little and have trained daily. When I started weight training adding adding fitness as part of my training a few years ago, I became fascinated with it. (especially bodybuidling :clapping:) When I saw the changes in my body and felt the improvements in my tennis because of it, I wanted to learn as much as I could and wanted to do more and more..

I've seen many different trainers and followed all different kinds of programs that I've gotten mixed results.. (I started training and eating like a bodybuilder instead of a tennis player). I've been close to burnout more than once playing tennis every day, lifting 6 days a week, and doing way too much cardio :S:S (i cant help it I get excited when I begin to see results and push myslef harder and harder each workout). But anyway I've ended up burning away most of my hard earned muscle, have tired by body out, and feel like I'm back to where I was when I first posted on these forums (three years ago)

In general though, I've learned a lot and have finally gotten it into my head that "less is more." So I want to start fresh now, I need your help in setting up a program that can help me reach my goals. Right now I'm thinking of a full body program that I can complete 3 days a week, with 3 HIT sessions of cardio on my off days, to see constant strength gains, have enough recovery to feel energized, and not risk burning my body out.

Any input would be appreciated. What do you guys think of this?
Does the idea of a full body program w alt cardio days sound reasonable for the goals im trying to attain?

Monday, Wed, Fri:

Dumbbell Squats or Leg Presses (legs, glutes)
Dumbbell/Barbell Bench Presses (chest, triceps)
Weighted Back Extensions on Stability Ball (lower back)
Weighted Lunges (legs, glutes)
Dips (triceps)
Dumbbell Military Presses (shoulders, triceps)
Standing Barbell Curls (biceps)
Standing Machine Calf Raises (calves)
Upright Rows (shoulders, trapezius)
Leg Curls (hams)

3 sets, 8-12 repetitions

Tues,Thurs,Sat:

20 mins HIT cardio
AB exercises: Circut of planks, bent-leg knee raises, crunches, bicycles, hyperextentions

I'm not one to plan a good routine so I'll leave that to Gazhole or P-Funk, however you NEED to take at least 2-3 weeks off of doing strenuous activity if you haven't while eating at maintenance calorie levels or even slightly above to promote recovery.

From the sound of it, you have seriously overtrained your body and it is just crying out for a rest. You need to give it that rest, or you will never progress and will only make things worse.

research HIIT.

I personally think you're doing a lot of pressing exercises, but not enough pulling ones that will develop your back muscles. Pullups and rows are a good idea IMO.

I would say the best way to reach your goals is with some type of general strength training. Your goals are good since being stronger will lend itself to being faster/more explosive.

Depending on your fitness/strength level, you may want to try some plyos.

I personally think you're doing a lot of pressing exercises, but not enough pulling ones that will develop your back muscles. Pullups and rows are a good idea IMO.

I would say the best way to reach your goals is with some type of general strength training. Your goals are good since being stronger will lend itself to being faster/more explosive.

Depending on your fitness/strength level, you may want to try some plyos.

Back