• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Ron Paul social security

What are your views on Social Security.

• Keep it the way it is.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Get rid of it.

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Fix it.

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

min0 lee

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Ron Paul 2008 ??? Issues ??? Social Security

Our nationâ??????s promise to its seniors, once considered a sacred trust, has become little more than a tool for politicians to scare retirees while robbing them of their promised benefits. Today, the Social Security system is broke and broken.

Those in the system are seeing their benefits dwindle due to higher taxes, increasing inflation, and irresponsible public spending.
The proposed solutions, ranging from lower benefits to higher taxes to increasing the age of eligibility, are NOT solutions; they are betrayals.
Imposing any tax on Social Security benefits is unfair and illogical. In Congress, I have introduced the Senior Citizens Tax Elimination Act (H.R. 191), which repeals ALL taxes on Social Security benefits, to eliminate political theft of our seniorsâ?????? income and raise their standard of living.
Solvency is the key to keeping our promise to our seniors, and I have introduced the Social Security Preservation Act (H.R. 219) to ensure that money paid into the system is only used for Social Security.
It is fundamentally unfair to give benefits to anyone who has not paid into the system. The Social Security for Americans Only Act (H.R. 190) ends the drain on Social Security caused by illegal aliens seeking the fruits of your labor.

We must also address the desire of younger workers to save and invest on their own. We should cut payroll taxes and give workers the opportunity to seek better returns in the private market.

Excessive government spending has created the insolvency crisis in Social Security. We must significantly reduce spending so that our nation can keep its promise to our seniors.

Because it is unsustainable and yet another unnecessary tax on the American people for services that quite frankly are outdated. Social security may have been necessary back in the Great Depression era, however in this age it is only becoming a huge burden on this and future generations. We will be dumping more money into it than we will get out of it.

The real problem is we can't just dump it outright because some of the current retirees may depend on it and factored it into their retirement costs, however future generations should be able to opt out of it and pay either a greatly reduced or no social security tax.

Because it is unsustainable and yet another unnecessary tax on the American people for services that quite frankly are outdated. Social security may have been necessary back in the Great Depression era, however in this age it is only becoming a huge burden on this and future generations. We will be dumping more money into it than we will get out of it.

The real problem is we can't just dump it outright because some of the current retirees may depend on it and factored it into their retirement costs, however future generations should be able to opt out of it and pay either a greatly reduced or no social security tax.
Good.

Well in regards to social security, that money should ideally be ours to do what we will with it. A smart person would save it and put it into some type of an investment vehicle, but that is up to that person.

I don't know my companies policies through and through yet, but if they offer it I will be taking advantage of the Roth 401K option. Otherwise I will likely contribute up to their matching point, then contribute additional funds to a Roth IRA.

Do both, I have a 401K, 457 and a Roth IRA account.....heck I even started a Christmas savings club.

I did lose at least $1000.00 on my 401k, times are bad....I guess this is where an IRA account has it's advantage.

My old company matched my 401k but my new job doesn't.

I also should mention that I am looking into TIPS - Treasury Inflation Protected Securities. I get the feeling that we will be experiencing some serious inflation within the next few years, especially if the next president doesn't reign in spending. The return on the TIPS could potentially outdo even stocks if inflation is great enough.

I probably will do both since I won't explicitly trust any one entity with all of my savings - that is just a foolish move.

I probably will do both since I won't explicitly trust any one entity with all of my savings - that is just a foolish move.
I know, I remember hearing about a owner of a small company running off with everyone's money.

I even have the feeling my old company is up to something dirty.

To many illegals are on it They don't pay into but take out. Fix it

Needs to be phased out

for the younger people on this board (U30) it should be phased out quickly...very quickly. I don't want to pay into a system and then have it retracted just before I can reap any benefits.

Yank it now while I've only paid 7 years into it.

How can an illegal do that?

Welfare my friend, they have babies and we pay for that they don't. You would not believe what we pay down here for them people. That's one reason why they come over the border for the free handouts

Welfare my friend, they have babies and we pay for that they don't. You would not believe what we pay down here for them people. That's one reason why they come over the border for the free handouts
So your saying the government dips in SS to use it on welfare?
Not good.

I completely agree with danzik.

The entire concept is kinda ridiculous if you really think about it.

So your saying the government dips in SS to use it on welfare?
Not good.

The government dips in SS for a lot more than just welfare. Look up the "Unified Budget" passed by the democrats back in the 1970s if you're interested. The entirety of SS is filled with nothing but IOUs from the Federal Government.

IML Gear Cream!
Once Obama gets into office, we will be having this same conversation in 50 years about socialized medicine.

The first step is to not create any more entitlement programs. The next step is to phase the government out of the ones we are already caught up in.

Unfortunately not a single one of the major candidates is going to do that. It's nice knowing you're fucked a full 10 months before you're actually fucked, isn't it?

Why does Social Security need to be phased out?

Because it's insolvent.

The current ratio for payee to receiver is 3 : 1.

In the future it'll be 1 : 1

The train has already crashed.

Once Obama gets into office, we will be having this same conversation in 50 years about socialized medicine.

The first step is to not create any more entitlement programs. The next step is to phase the government out of the ones we are already caught up in.
Ron Paul is saying the same.

And who made the largest expansion into "Socialized Medicine?"

Socialized Medicine that we cannot afford?

George W. Bush.

Does anybody know what I'm talking about?

And who made the largest expansion into "Socialized Medicine?"

Socialized Medicine that we cannot afford?

George W. Bush.

Does anybody know what I'm talking about?

I'd have to wager that you're referring to future medical support for the Iraq War veterans?

I'd have to wager that you're referring to future medical support for the Iraq War veterans?

Wrong.

That costs nothing.

I'm talking about the Medicare Prescription Expansion drug bill he signed a couple of years ago.

We need $8 Trillon dollars invested at Treasury rates just to pay for the increase he authorized.

How much do we have?

$0.

I'm sure we'll be able to afford it once Obama Hussein raises taxes.

Higher taxes won't be able to cover it. Healthcare costs have risen dramatically.

As for raising taxes, expect tax hikes from Hillary, Obama, and McCain.

Income, FICA, state, local, healthcare costs, education costs for students, user fees, etc.

Back