• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Best Singer of all time/ Favorites?

MCarty18

Yo!
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Just throwing a topic to get to know a few people and hopefully have a few stimulating conversations.
I just want to know your favorite singers, or who you believe is the greatest singer of all time. Any type of music. A few reasons for your thinking would be appreciated. Just so that I would have something to talk to you about.

So I will start.
My favorite singer is Freddie Mercury, without a doubt. The range of his voice in terms of notes as well as musical styles. Also he had a delightful flexibility in the timber of his singing voice, running from a very harsh "rock" sound to a very lyric quality, all very naturally.

As far as best singer of all time. I believe that I will have to hear some arguments from my fellow posters before I can make a decision for myself.

Mike Patton but close second would be Dax Riggs....I like dynamic vocal ranges but I have a sweet spot in my ear for unique voices like Bob Dylan and Tom Waits and beautiful voices like Otis Redding or Frank Sinatra. I can't really find a scale to gauge these voices to see who is better because they are just their own like you hear them and you know them Jim Morrison's voice you know it when you hear it, Glenn Danzig you know it.....and i thank the gods they don't all sound the same...

Yeah I definitely agree with your opinion on some of the more unique voices in music. Bob Dylan is definitely one of my favorite singers, his voice to me is transcendental. Part of my problem with the music today is that everyone is really starting to sound too similiar. I'm not trying to say that everyone does sound the same, but it just seems that vocalists today are trying to hard to sound like someone else.

Yeah I definitely agree with your opinion on some of the more unique voices in music. Bob Dylan is definitely one of my favorite singers, his voice to me is transcendental. Part of my problem with the music today is that everyone is really starting to sound too similiar. I'm not trying to say that everyone does sound the same, but it just seems that vocalists today are trying to hard to sound like someone else.
I've noticed a Britrock Punk False-falsetto going I call it the Brat-Punk Whine I hear it in too many songs and it's annoying how they all try to get a little sex pistols accent in their voices....but they can't take all the blame cause they wouldn't be selling records if more people found it as hackneyed as I do...

Justin Furstenfeld

can i vote for bruce willis?

no i change that david hasselhof.

IML Gear Cream!
Mike Patton but close second would be Dax Riggs....I like dynamic vocal ranges but I have a sweet spot in my ear for unique voices like Bob Dylan and Tom Waits and beautiful voices like Otis Redding or Frank Sinatra. I can't really find a scale to gauge these voices to see who is better because they are just their own like you hear them and you know them Jim Morrison's voice you know it when you hear it, Glenn Danzig you know it.....and i thank the gods they don't all sound the same...

:eek:

These are good choices!!!
Love Bungle, FNM, and who could forget Traveling Wilburys for unique harmonies?

Been getting into more harmonizing vocal stuff lately...
Picked up on the Shaw-Blades "Influence" CD, that was nice cause it revisits the original artists... Then cranked up some old James Taylor,
The Eagles, and Chicago...

Picked up on the Shaw-Blades "Influence" CD, that was nice cause it revisits the original artists... Then cranked up some old James Taylor,
Me I've been back in highscool daze with Shannon Hoon, Scott Weiland Eddie Vedder, Lynn Strait, Kurt, Thom and so many others with awesome voices...

Even though Lynn wasn't a beautiful voice it was unique and set the stage for what came in the next few years
YouTube Video

gotta love those lyrics too...
can't forget the set of lungs on Lajon
YouTube Video

Such great voices right there at the turn of the millenium
YouTube Video

And almost all of those guys can trace back to Phil Anselmo, Glenn Danzig, Mike Patton, etc. as big influences....

As far as power, vocal range and versatility I'm going to go with Freddy Mercury.

Bette Midler

Cher

Honorable mention to James Keenan -

YouTube Video

In his live Tool performances he can yell as long as he can on the studio albums.

Maynard James Keenan from tool.

Bette Midler

Cher

i love Cher but my fav has to be Annie Lennox

Sam Cooke... there are so many. Sade, Terence Trent D'Arby...

Hey you still in AZ guess who's gonna be around there in June

YouTube Video

No what would be awesome is if they regrouped for this
YouTube Video

IML Gear Cream!
Jeff Tate - Queensryche

Tony Harnell - TNT

Steve Perry - Journey

Haha I don't know very many of the names being thrown out here. It looks like I have a lot of good music that I have to listen to!

James Labrie is the lead singer for Dreamtheater right?

I'm really fond of Michael Jackson's singing, but as dynamic as his voice is it gets kind of stale after a little while. Does anyone else find this to be true?

Last edited:
Davey Havok of A.F.I.
davey_havok_060603_281x211.jpg

damn gaz but respect your self and the secret agent song both freaking rock hard. i dont have a fav singer at all i like all diffrent types. some singers just impress me like bruce willis who i thought would not be able to sing. to pick a favorite would be a toss between frank sinatra and dean martin for me.

I guess I am just old...Ozzy Rules..

no you are correct ozzy is awesome fairys were boots is a great song. messed up story behind the song but still a great song.

Back