• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

what are the leanest cuts of beef?

nadirmg

hardr bettr fastr strongr
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
... like the title asks... what are the leanest cuts of beef?

top sirloin is the only one i know... beyond that i have no clue.

Well im not too sure how to say, cause you yanks use different terms for the cuts..

But
round steak
silverside
Rump (centre cut only)
Topside
butt fillet
oh and lean mince

:D

arent you trying to bulk tho?

Top Round is pretty good - I eat it constantly. Sirloin is already fairly lean.

Not part of a cow, but similar: I get buffalo (you may know it as bison). Nice and lean, really red. And cheap - at least where I live. Ground buffalo has less than half the fat of extra lean ground beef and it costs the same as regular ground beef.

Well im not too sure how to say, cause you yanks use different terms for the cuts..

But
round steak
silverside
Rump (centre cut only)
Topside
butt fillet
oh and lean mince

:D

arent you trying to bulk tho?

yea, you're right. i should more worried about getting ENOUGH fat rather than keeping it out of my diet :rolleyes:

Not part of a cow, but similar: I get buffalo (you may know it as bison). Nice and lean, really red. And cheap - at least where I live. Ground buffalo has less than half the fat of extra lean ground beef and it costs the same as regular ground beef.

shoot, that's pretty good. i wonder if they've got it at my wal mart... :thinking:

Where the heck are you finding bison for the same price as ground beef? Either I'm paying way too much, or the ground beef at your stores is expensive. ;)

Dunno. It's cheap in Vancouver.

Lean Meat!

I try to eat wild game as much as I can. Elk is my favorite then Deer (Venison). Pheasant is also great! (all White meat)

Filet Mignon...leanest, most tender, and most expensive. I have to have some marbling, flavor is a must for myself!!! Fat=flavor!!! Just not large slabs of it!!!

I do top round london broil cut into appropriate portions (it typically comes in about 1.5lb hunk of meat)

skirt or flank steak is also lean.

Other than that i'll do chicken, turkey (breasts and burgers or make own burgers out of breasts), shrimp and cold cuts when in a jam (turkey breast, maybe ham if i'm feeling frisky).

Unless I am confusing it with another beef, filet mignon has quite a bit of fat in it.

I think you are mixing it up w something else...filet is SO lean and has such little fat marbled through it that they often wrap a piece of bacon around it for some fat to aid in cooking and flavor. I rarely eat filet because the flavor isn't as savory as say a ribeye, with the ribeye showing much marbling and the filet being virtually marble free.

IML Gear Cream!
:lick:

First time a wiki entry has made me hungry. Usually you get dry crap like this:

"The sensation of hunger can often be alleviated and even mitigated entirely with the consumption of food.[citation needed]"

B.

Ya me too...as soon as I posted it I started mouthwatering for some beef!!!! Me being in Montana and from Montana, all I need is to knock the hair off and wipes its ass and I 'll eat anything of the hoof!!!

The tenderloin is the leanest cut of beef, and that is where the filet mignon comes from. Way over priced and quite flavorless though. Sirloin would be your best bet for a fairly lean and reasonably priced cut of beef. Unless money isn't an issue then you could just marinate tenderloin to make it flavorful.

Bacon is often used in cooking the filet because of the low levels of fat found in the filet. Filets also have low levels of marbling, or internal fat.(Wiki, further down in the article.)

I am sure it can vary, but for the most part it is low fat. There is very little fat, or connective tissue in it because of where it is on the animal, basically hidden and a non-load bearing muscle part of the back.

Bacon is often used in cooking the filet because of the low levels of fat found in the filet. Filets also have low levels of marbling, or internal fat.(Wiki, further down in the article.)

I am sure it can vary, but for the most part it is low fat. There is very little fat, or connective tissue in it because of where it is on the animal, basically hidden and a non-load bearing muscle part of the back.

Thats actually one of the reasons why I would think there was fat there. Well, not what I bolded, but what I read in Wiki. About it not moving too much?

Veal

Back