• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

EarthQuake!!

TheGreatSatan

38lbs lost
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
About 20 minutes ago here in Illinois, we just had an Earthquake!! I woke up about an hour ago and as it was happening I was thinking: "I know I'm tired, but the whole house is shaking not just me".

It was a magnitude of 5.4!

Damn, do this happen often in your neck of town?

We had one last night in the bedroom.....well, we made our own earthquake.

Damn, do this happen often in your neck of town?

We had one last night in the bedroom.....well, we made our own earthquake.

I dont think so.....with it being only 10 seconds maybe they happen more often and people dont realize it...If I were sleeping I wouldnt have noticed it at all...

This is only the second one in 25 years of living in the midwest that Ive actually noticed...

It woke me up this morning. I didn't know it was an earthquake til I read this post. I jumped out of bed.. sounded like someone one walking around in my attic (I live in a condo). I almost got the ladder out to check.. I was sure of it.

The Chicago tribune said the entire Chicagoland area felt it. Wow.. pretty crazy.

Earthquakes travel far. When the Big Island of Hawaii had it's most recent 6.6 mag one it shook our Island of Oahu 170 miles away enough to trip the earthquake sensors at our power plants but uneven power compensation caused overloads when back-up generators kicked on leaving the whole Island blacked out for 14-18 hours. The week afterwards I sold dozens of solar powered battery back-up systems....

Did any places lose power out there in Illinois?

Getting jolted out of bed by an earthquake is a very trippy experience. I have a post here somewhere about having really strange dreams an hour before the actual earthquake hit, like maybe some small preshocks had shook and my body had sensed them and something in the primitive parts of my mind started trying to wake me up by causing panic inducing nightmarish dreams.....I remember my dogs were barking for 30 minutes before the quake happened and we all have heard the stories of animals behaving weird before things like that....

It was creepy. I still can't tell you what I heard: I was expecting someone to come through my ceiling. :mooh:

My dog didn't seem bothered by it.

It was creepy. I still can't tell you what I heard: I was expecting someone to come through my ceiling. :mooh:

My dog didn't seem bothered by it.

I grew up in LA. I've been through plenty of earthquakes. Hell, I even slept through one.

IML Gear Cream!
Getting jolted out of bed by an earthquake is a very trippy experience. I have a post here somewhere about having really strange dreams an hour before the actual earthquake hit, like maybe some small preshocks had shook and my body had sensed them and something in the primitive parts of my mind started trying to wake me up by causing panic inducing nightmarish dreams.....I remember my dogs were barking for 30 minutes before the quake happened and we all have heard the stories of animals behaving weird before things like that....

mike callahan said:
shit woke me up from a bad dream. it scarred the shit out of me.

from another forum

coincidence? :hmmm:

Earthquakes travel far. When the Big Island of Hawaii had it's most recent 6.6 mag one it shook our Island of Oahu 170 miles away enough to trip the earthquake sensors at our power plants but uneven power compensation caused overloads when back-up generators kicked on leaving the whole Island blacked out for 14-18 hours. The week afterwards I sold dozens of solar powered battery back-up systems....

Did any places lose power out there in Illinois?

I dont know what the damage is, I dont think it did any though and would be surprised if anyone lost power, in Eastern Iowa it was virtually nothing, lasted like 10 seconds or less, I hear for other places it lasted longer though but probably not too much longer...?

these tremors happen a lot here. a couple mornings a week the table my pc is on shake a few seconds then repeats 2 to 5 times.

from another forum

coincidence? :hmmm:
I don't think so I think there is something in certain people that may be more sensitive to tremors, I can take spinning on those little merry go rounds on the school playgrounds, when I was a kid I'd puke if it went too fast I think my inner ear is more sensitive. I was in Hong Kong in 1997 at a music store and I felt a little disorientation while looking through cd's, then 5 minutes later there was a small tremor that made the floor rumble like a big truck had just driven by it wasn't much but some people looked around at each other with a "Did you just feel that too or am I imagining things?" expression.

It woke me up. . .and then a few hours later there was a good aftershock that rattled my windows while I was working. . .freaked a lot of people out here - about 80 miles from epicenter.

Back