• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

17 year old beauty queen...

IML Gear Cream!
Take away Jamies muscles and she is still a fairly small woman. Being healthy has many contributing factors and weight is just one of them. Someone her height can add a lot more weight and still be considered healthy. So for you to say that everyone has to look that way in order to be healthy is outrageous. I understand that obesity is an epidemic that needs resolution before all of our kids die of heart attacks, but blasting someone who may be overweight is not encouraging fitness and it is actually quite counter productive. Her dream is to be a model and she is doing her dream. That is more than a lot of people including myself can say. I am not going to say that someone with cirrhosis or emphysema which in "most" cases are self inflicted should be limited, why do people who are overweight have to be limited.

Take away Jamies muscles and she is still a fairly small woman. Being healthy has many contributing factors and weight is just one of them. Someone her height can add a lot more weight and still be considered healthy. So for you to say that everyone has to look that way in order to be healthy is outrageous. I understand that obesity is an epidemic that needs resolution before all of our kids die of heart attacks, but blasting someone who may be overweight is not encouraging fitness and it is actually quite counter productive. Her dream is to be a model and she is doing her dream. That is more than a lot of people including myself can say. I am not going to say that someone with cirrhosis or emphysema which in "most" cases are self inflicted should be limited, why do people who are overweight have to be limited.

All credit to her, she's following her dream.

In many cultures big would be considered more attractive.

Or at least that's the impression most of America seems to be under....

All credit to her, she's following her dream.

would you still think that if all the models eventually looked like this? theres doing what she believes in and not being the best role model for younger girls, who aspire to be models, and if that is what they turnout to look like later on, then it is indirectly encouraging obesity. just my 2 cents.

would you still think that if all the models eventually looked like this? theres doing what she believes in and not being the best role model for younger girls, who aspire to be models, and if that is what they turnout to look like later on, then it is indirectly encouraging obesity. just my 2 cents.

This will never happen, are you kidding me. There have been fat models for a long time now modeling for over sized clothing. It has in no way shape or form changed what we see in most magazines and movies today. How is being super skinny, so skinny that is is not healthy, being a good role model for younger girls? It isn't and because they are so exposed to these images, they will feel like this is the way they have to look in order to be accepted. I now that I can never prove this, but I going to take a guess and say that models have encouraged anorexia and bulimia more than they have encouraged obesity. just my 2 cents

Some of the things I am hearing make me think that some of you believe fat people should stay at home, workout, eat right, and not ever leave until they are healthy enough to be judged by all of you.

Actually, thats an interesting point.

If attitudes were reversed and girls aspired to be borderline obese, then that would raise a whole host of issues, not just healthwise. The flipside is, at the moment in aspiring to be 'size zero', they are creating a host of problems anyway.

I guess the healthy middleground is what should be getting promoted as beauty.

This will never happen, are you kidding me. There have been fat models for a long time now modeling for over sized clothing. It has in no way shape or form changed what we see in most magazines and movies today. How is being super skinny, so skinny that is is not healthy, being a good role model for younger girls? It isn't and because they are so exposed to these images, they will feel like this is the way they have to look in order to be accepted. I now that I can never prove this, but I going to take a guess and say that models have encouraged anorexia and bulimia more than they have encouraged obesity. just my 2 cents

Some of the things I am hearing make me think that some of you believe fat people should stay at home, workout, eat right, and not ever leave until they are healthy enough to be judged by all of you.

1st off, i never said anything about anorexia nervosa or bulemics, nor did i encourage it. when i use the term model, i use it in reference to tyra banks and those models, which girls aspire to become.
2nd, its their choice to do whatever, and let whatever happen to their body happen. this is a bodybuilding forum, im sure if (or maybe there is) an obesity forum or website, they would dislike us because we have great bodys or be judgemental that since we are big and buff we are dumb and unintelligent. there will always be judgement no matter where you go. i forgot who said this but they CAN make time to be fit IF they want to. if they dont, thats up to them. all im saying is that we are trying to promote healthiness, and POSSIBLY, if this kept up, then its sending an unhealthy message. thats my 2 cents.

1st off, i never said anything about anorexia nervosa or bulemics, nor did i encourage it. when i use the term model, i use it in reference to tyra banks and those models, which girls aspire to become.
2nd, its their choice to do whatever, and let whatever happen to their body happen. this is a bodybuilding forum, im sure if (or maybe there is) an obesity forum or website, they would dislike us because we have great bodys or be judgemental that since we are big and buff we are dumb and unintelligent. there will always be judgement no matter where you go. i forgot who said this but they CAN make time to be fit IF they want to. if they dont, thats up to them. all im saying is that we are trying to promote healthiness, and POSSIBLY, if this kept up, then its sending an unhealthy message. thats my 2 cents.

I know that you didn't say anything about anorexia or bulimia, but that was my response to you saying that this one picture encourages obesity. It may and it may not, I was simply stating that either way you have problems and in my opinion having a few fat girls model because it is something they want to do poses less of a problem than super skinny girls modeling due to the fact that most girls aspire to look this way and do not posses the right knowledge to do so in a healthy way. I have seen so many different unhealthy methods of weight loss from laxatives, to cocaine, to cigarettes. The pressures of society force some girls into doing things like this because they want to look a certain way but do now know how to get there. My point is, how many skinny girls are going to eat like pigs after seeing this picture? Not many I would assume. But how many girls whether they are unhealthy, over weight, or maybe just a little bit bigger than the norm are going to starve themselves to look this this months cover girl? Even skinny girls think they are fat.

Dreams are meant to be followed without a weight limit lol. It is also a matter of personal choice, yes everyone should want to be healthy, but that is not always the case. Everyone on this forum does otherwise they would not be here. The only thing to do is promote fitness through knowledge (how and possible risks involved). It is then up to the individual to decide what they want to do with this knowledge.

Yes this is a bodybuilding forum but it is also open chat. You have your own opinion and I am not discrediting it at all because you are entitled to that opinion. I was just simple stating mine.

I was simply stating that either way you have problems

and that problem would be?

look im not trying to be nasty or prove you wrong, but (and this is talking about future, so its anyones game) if more girls see this, you never know, they MIGHT start to overeat, because thats what MODELS do. thats how our society works, and idea is proposed or suggested, people reply by encouraging or taking part and it becomes a socially accepted thing to do. i.e. a poor example is clothing, you see people on tv (musicians, actors etc) wearing at the time odd apparel and whatnot, and people desire to become those famous people, so they buy what they wear, or say things that they say. you think the people in the 60's would be wearing tight pants and doing their hair like people do now? fuck no. same applies to modeling, a few obese girls make an appearance, people say hey good for them, and more appear, and more girls aspire to be them.

Monroe was hot and also bigger than the average model. It can be done, but sadly that girl doesn't succeed.

I understand what you are saying which is why I said either way there are problems. What you said is one side of the problem. Obesity may turn into a fad. I would not put it past our society these days.

On the other hand, girls who are are overweight see super skinny girls who are unhealthy in their own right, and try to get that way and may do so in the wrong manner. People need to understand that being obese is extremely unhealthy, but so is being malnourished.

IML Gear Cream!
i see your point. bah getting burned out about this subject. bottom line: life is cruel.

agreed, the reason this was such an important topic for me is because my fiancee was one of those girls who felt like she had to run for hours and hours a day and starve herself in order to look like the models displayed on every corner. She has changed her way of thinking, accepted herself but also accepted the fact she needed to lose a few pounds to become healthier. With a little bit of guidance from myself and what I have learned from this site, she is doing a great job and I think that is greatly due to the fact that she is no longer striving to look like a model, but striving to look her best and be her healthiest and has the support to do so.

agreed, the reason this was such an important topic for me is because my fiancee was one of those girls who felt like she had to run for hours and hours a day and starve herself in order to look like the models displayed on every corner. She has changed her way of thinking, accepted herself but also accepted the fact she needed to lose a few pounds to become healthier. With a little bit of guidance from myself and what I have learned from this site, she is doing a great job and I think that is greatly due to the fact that she is no longer striving to look like a model, but striving to look her best and be her healthiest and has the support to do so.

thats all that matters bro, glad the site could help :thumb:

no i am saying that the girls and guys need to get to the gym. no one should feel ashamed so much that they dont go out. maybee jamie eason is a tad off base. any way my point is every one should be in a healthy body. like i said if i can make time any one can. with the advances that are being made with the new fitness campaigns there are many things some one can do to make themselves even a little bit better. i hate ad agencies promoting crab with twigs like paris hilton. paris looks unhealthy but i also dont want to see rosie odonel promoting swim suits. congrats to your lady bro i am glad that she could reach her goals.

kiko, she'd probably hit you in the face, for free.

no i am saying that the girls and guys need to get to the gym. no one should feel ashamed so much that they dont go out. maybee jamie eason is a tad off base. any way my point is every one should be in a healthy body. like i said if i can make time any one can. with the advances that are being made with the new fitness campaigns there are many things some one can do to make themselves even a little bit better. i hate ad agencies promoting crab with twigs like paris hilton. paris looks unhealthy but i also dont want to see rosie odonel promoting swim suits. congrats to your lady bro i am glad that she could reach her goals.

Point taken, and thank you in regards to your comment about my lady.

Looks like Billy Clinton's type....Her face would look better if it didn't have Miss Piggy's Nose, sorry but even if she was bone thin I'd still say she had a pig snout....I applaud her though some people just have to face the fact that they are large and may never gain the will power it takes to trim down.....

OMG 1st thing I thought of was a cigar and a blue dress

The next person who disrespects the chunky babe will get fucked in the ass. :paddle:

Point taken, and thank you in regards to your comment about my lady.

your welcome and look at my pics bro. i used to be overweight when i was growing up. i get it is a pain in the but but any one can do it if they are willing to work for it. to show any thing other than that is just wrong. i think promoting good health is what add campaigns need to do. quit with the paris hilton looking crap and no more rosie oddonel any thing.

Shes not ugly for a fat girl. I mean, if she lost that weight shed be a knockout.

after my accident i was given a steriod during a craniotomy. i was up to 195lbs at 5'6, got depressed, I wanted to try modeling as an attempt to boost my confidence. When I met with a photographer, he said I was too fat. :rolleyes:
so after that I got really into fitness/bodybuilding, got down to 150lbs, looked really skinny. Ive built some muscle and am now 169lbs, happy and healthy, trying to lose weight again. Someday I would like to do a show.
I do Not think bigger girls are the future of models and we wont "accept obesity" as a society. I just think we are more open to plus-size women bc everyone is obese themselves. Everyone loves to see a fit healthy women, not too skinny, not too fat.
That girl can lose some weight. my two cents

i googled the girl in the original post thinking maybe she just looks a lot bigger in that angle. she's a plus size model. i think they need to be somewhat fit i don't think they can just be total slobs.

i googled the girl in the original post thinking maybe she just looks a lot bigger in that angle. she's a plus size model. i think they need to be somewhat fit i don't think they can just be total slobs.

What do you mean by "somewhat fit?" She looks at least 20% body fat. She looks like she could run a mile if her life depended on it.

What do you mean by "somewhat fit?" She looks at least 20% body fat. She looks like she could run a mile if her life depended on it.

20% is pretty damned lean for a woman, babe. I have bicep veins at 20%.

That girl is 45% bodyfat. I guarantee it.

20% is pretty damned lean for a woman, babe. I have bicep veins at 20%.

That girl is 45% bodyfat. I guarantee it.
At least.

I just went in and checked.

She's 12 stone 8 lbs - 176 lbs at 5'10" and not particularly muscular. She's three inches taller than I am, and I was about 40% bodyfat when I weighed 170 lbs - and I ran 10k 3x a week back then. I'm sure I had a little more muscle on me than she does.

The pic in my avatar (and the one in my profile, actually) I am 14% bodyfat, confirmed by DEXA.

Back