• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Left Arm vs Right Arm

pppebble88

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey,

I have been working out steadily since the beginning of the year, and even since about november of last year. Ever since I have been working out, I have noticed that my right arm is stronger, more defined, and bigger than my left. I have looked it up and tried to follow the advice I have read, but it doesn't seem to really help. My left arm seems to have a different definition than my right (my right has much more of a bulge where my left is more stretched out and you can feel the 2 different humps). Other than that, it seems like I have hit a plateau in my strength increase. I have been taking protein after every workout, kept track of my weight/reps since about march, and have not gained that much weight. I could really just use some advice. Thanks a lot.

-WC

Hey,

I have been working out steadily since the beginning of the year, and even since about november of last year. Ever since I have been working out, I have noticed that my right arm is stronger, more defined, and bigger than my left. I have looked it up and tried to follow the advice I have read, but it doesn't seem to really help. My left arm seems to have a different definition than my right (my right has much more of a bulge where my left is more stretched out and you can feel the 2 different humps). Other than that, it seems like I have hit a plateau in my strength increase. I have been taking protein after every workout, kept track of my weight/reps since about march, and have not gained that much weight. I could really just use some advice. Thanks a lot.

-WC

I might not have the answer and then I might have. I noticed the same problem and still do. First switch I made recently is switching from barbell to dumbbell exercises. With barbells the dominate arm can take weight off the other arm. When using alternating arms, I always begin with the weaker arm, that way when I fail with the weaker arm, stop and this will allow the arms to reach the same strength level.

As far as the definition etc, I believe we flex and pose with the stronger arm. Flexing and posing a muscle helps with muscle connection, so it is usually better for the dominate arm. Focus on flexing and posing the weaker arm to make the same mind muscle connection.

The difference in appearance can be genetics but these things are helping to close the gap :thinking:

Nobody is symmetrical. Ever.

Keep training and you'll eventually even out somewhat, get big enough not to notice as much, or just stop caring.

Dont sweat the petty things and dont pet the sweaty things.

look closer at all the pro bodybuilders, from their right side to their left. everywhere you look you will probably see small differences in muscle shape and size, whether its arms, traps, lats, pecs, just about everything. most of us are not symmetrical. a few of us are that lucky (see dexter jackson for some crazy symmetry) but most of us are not. the thing is, most people do not notice besides yourself.

your whole life has shaped you into what you are now, a few years of lifting weights is not going to totally reorganize your muscular and skeletal system.

Back