• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

whey protein/msg content

pete999

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
does whey protein contain msg
whats the best company to buy whey protein from

optimum is good shit.. I've resently switched over to ALN's NITREAN for reasons of taste, mixing properties, and the fact that it's blended with slow and fast digesting protiens.

I'd suggest finding one you can..

a) enjoy the taste
b) get on a regular basis because some brands suck at shipping...
c) a decent price
d) refer to a...

as far as msg goes. I've never heard or read on any labels that msg was added to the stuff I've taken but like marcus said it's possible. It's kinda died off for the most part as a flavor enhancer but i'm sure people still use it.

This needs someone good with long words n stuff - but technically glutamine virtually is MSG, in a roundabout kinnda way (not exactly).

The way protein isolates are produced is pretty much how MSG (monosodium glutamate) is created. So for the paranoid among us, protein shakes are very bad news.

:)

For the less paranoid there's a bit more chemistry n stuff but I can't be arsed to dig into it an explain it. Short simple answer - no, whey does not contain MSG.

B.

does whey protein contain msg
whats the best company to buy whey protein from

Whey protein concentrate or protein isolate may contain MSG if hydrolyzed milk proteins are present or added. Ask the manufacturer of the product that you are using to make sure of the process that they are using.

Im using Healthy 'N Fit 100% Whey Pro-Amino, I find that it tastes good and it does not have any artificial sweeteners, it uses stevia (plant). I've emailed them and they answered all my questions, even asked about the use of rBGH on the cows.

Yeah, what he said but if you see "hydrolyzed protein" on any conventional food label it's just another way of say MSG.

That whey sounds great, with stevia too? The only supps I can get hold of round here are from GNC (see my location) but that sounds good enough to order from abroad. :thumb: Isn't that the company that

Good to see they're still around.

B.

Arse, was gonna say aint that the company that first developed whey protein commercially but found myself bemused at the poor quality of the "under construction" site.

100% Whey Pro-Amino

Doesn't say anything about stevia on there but if it is the same company I'm thinking of they go back a long way and were actually the supplier of most better known brands, in the UK anyway.

B.

Back