• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Notification of progression

AKIRA

I am Rollo Tomassee..
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Those of us who have worked out for years may remember a series of times when you notice how strong, thin, or big you have become. I notice it maybe once a year.

Today was a day that I saw about 3 persons in a gym whom are going up the ladder in the same manner I did.

I am an ectomorph, so I noticed the little guy first. He was struggling with intensity, form wasnt perfect, but he was in the gym, trying. Thats where I started.

A couple years later (and to my back right) was another version of me. This version finally had some muscle mass. Cocky. Thought he knew everything because he is now bigger than the little guy, but too arrogant to notice that his form or volume still sucks.

Then finally, someone carved out of wood. This person was there for the mirror or his mp3 player. No concern for the comparison of other people's looks or strength. This version is content and is now perfecting form, thus, is one of the bigger boys.

Today I noticed that I was larger, smarter, and faster than that final version. It was wonderful to know after an injury or two, that I am one of the stronger people in the gym and have no doubts. I also look back at all the others and wish them the best on their journey cuz I now know that with persistence and perseverance they will reach their goals as I had.

Id like to know if anyone has accomplished a certain training goal and started to realize that this shit actually works. Let it be a simple DB curl that exposed a larger bicep, increase in vascularity, a change while standing on a scale, or simply being stronger than someone who used ot be stronger than you.

Last edited:
congrats akira, its always a good feeling.

mines a small on, am jsut trying to gain weight to bulk up, tried for 2 years and got nowhere, few lbs here and there, then i started eating healthy and have gained 20lbs in 2 and a half months.

This is a great post, nice going AKIRA :)

I tout my story all the time, but thats just because im proud of what i've done. Its true that you rarely notice your improvements constantly while they are happening. Its ALWAYS a sudden realisation that "wow...shit, how did that happen!?".

It's only when i see pictures of myself at 112lbs, thin as a rake and to be completely honest i look sick and a little pathetic, just pale and gaunt and not very good at all.

Now, even though i have lost a bit of mass since my injury, i look at recent pictures myself and i look healthy and alive, and above all happy and confident. And this is all without actually taking my physique into account. Its that sort of major LIFE improvements that i think im proud of the most.

As much as i criticise the way i look (itll never be good enough) i do love the way i look, how i feel in the way of health and fitness, and how others react to me these days.

The other day a friend of mine who is actually a member here said that what ive done with myself is an inspiration to him to train hard, which i thought was a huge compliment.

The bottom line is that you have to keep plugging away, because lots of little improvements will eventually build up into a huge change in everything about your entire person. Mental and physical.

I know you've had a similar "transformation" to me, AKIRA. Looking in your gallery theres that pic of you at 16, and the difference between then and now must be totally fucking shocking to you, haha. I always get that looking at my old pics too :thumb:

This is a great post - nice one Akira and thanks to those above for sharing too.

I started out at 127lbs, smoking, and not looking after myself at all. I got rid of the smokes first, shot up to 140 lbs due to eating cr*p then sorted that out and got back in the gym. I hadnt done any weight training for 11 years and so I started real slow, but most importantly, I read up and started asking questions on forums such as this.

3 and a quarter years later and I'm 170lbs, I just broke my bench press, squat and deadlift records including a major milestone for me of benching beyond 200lbs (thanks to 5x5 - it was awesome!) and I feel and look better than ever before.

In my twenties I thought by the time I hit mid thirties I would be 'going down hill' but I'm actually in the best shape of my life and improving!

So, I'm pleased to say I'm having one of those times when I've noticed the gains too - and this is a good time to thank all you guys on here for keeping me motivated.

Ta! from England.

Nice post Akira.

I've been going to the gym for 10+ years. But more as and when time permitted. Even though i was committed i wasnt very dedicated. I would go for a short while and then fall off the wagon. I didnt know a thing about training or diet. All i knew if i ate more i'd get fat besides i really 'ate a lot as it is'. :grin:

So a few years ago i changed to a new job and decided that enough is enough and decided to get serious and make the gym a priority. I started looking for training tips as well as diet tips and hence landed here at IM.

I did learn a lot and made changes to my body. But I consider the first 2 years or so a learning experience as I wasted time. e.g. i fell for the '1lb a week' mantra and did that but i put on too much fat for my liking. However i did get to 176lb. The heaviest i've every been! I then wasted time cutting down to ~150 and then back up to ~168. Still didnt get it right. Then decided to drop down ~145 and start over with a lower bf.

So almost exactly 4 years later i've learned a lot but I'm still not close to where i want to be. I'm back to ~175 however I'm moving a lot more weight than i used to. Some inevitable fat gain has occurred but this time I've decided to suck it up and keep going for a bit more.

I'm quite happy where i've gotten to but not quite there yet. And it always makes me smile when those who have seen me from my skinny years look at me now and ask if i'm doing steriods! :)

My brother asked me if I was on Steroids too! I took it as a complement ;)

I guess my notification of progress is a little different than everyone else's. Right now, I am far from my peak condition. I am bouncing back from injuries and obstacles in my life. However, at what I would consider my weakest, I am still stronger than 95% of the people at my gym. I know my body so well that I know I will be able to completely transform from what I am now into something nearly unrecognizable in a very months. I have done it so many times before, and it gets easier each time.

Ninja Edit: Word got back to me that my family thinks I am using steroids. I did do steroids nearly a year ago, but I lost all of my gains when I left the gym, so thievery's I am now is totally natural. I guess when people just assume you are on AS, that is sort of flattering and annoying at the same time.

I think strength was the hardest one to be grateful about. I can think back when 225lbs was a goal. However, when I hit it, I didnt really care. Seriously, I didnt jump for joy nor did I feel, well, BIG.

I think the reason why is cuz I tethered on that mark for a while. Lets face it, I was doing 185lbs for reps before 225lbs, so I knew I could do it eventually.

Now though, I can bench over 300lbs. Holy shit. For someone that was too chicken shit to put on 185lbs on the bar cuz of a possible failure, thats a massive increase.

I guess this is more or less a "feel good" thread. :D I like reading information about a person overcoming. I believe it is one the best motivators for beginners and veterans alike.

Very interesting thread Akira.
Like most guys, I've had a lot of little instances like this.
One of the best was a couple years ago when I got the corporate 'Season's Greetings' card from my company,and my site manager had written in the card that my New Years Resolution should be to get my shoulders so wide that I'd have to turn sideways to walk though a door.
I knew he was just joking but it still felt good.
Ya know, I think I still have that card somewhere.....

IML Gear Cream!
Akira I am alot like you in regards to when I finally "grew up" maturity wise, I "grew up" body wise. I was always the football player that had to be tougher, faster, stronger and really had trouble checking ego at the door. Once I did get over myself, and decided that training was more of competing within myself rather than with the other gym rats, then I saw my changes. I always cheated myself, because if I couldn't look down at the bar and see all the plates stacked, I wouldn't lift that exercise. Even if I only did one rep, I had to make it look good publicly with more weight than what was really going to benefit me overall. Now, I am the strong guy in the gym, with others making remarks, yet I don't even notice or pay attention to the actual weight numbers in an egotistical way, I just do my business with focus on doing it, not who is watching and thinking what. I am not in the gym to intimidate or impress others with my strength, as I used to have that mindset in my younger days. When I see a guy lifting light weights relative to his size, yet focusing on form and just getting better, I will at times pay a little compliment about his work ethic and to keep up the good work.

I realized how much stuff works, when I wasn't able to train at Westside for a few months. the funny thing was I just kept doing what Lou told me to do all along and came back with a big 520 bench raw. That was with crappy workout partners and and a lousy atmosphere.

So you can imagine what happened when I got back to Westside haha. I went bannanas on the PRs. But what I learned was how well this stuff works that Lou has taught me! Should that have surprised me? Not at all. Some people don't like it and thats ok, I completly understand, but everything he has told me to do worked like a charm!

Working on excellent form is always a big deal at WS. I may be one of the top benchers on our Wed crew, but even I don't get any slack cut. If I don't lock something out, or bounce it off my chest or whatever it may be, I'll get called on it.

So I guess what I've learned is you can be pretty good on your own, but when you're surrounded by greatness, you've got nowhere to go but up. You're only as good as those around you

I realized how much stuff works, when I wasn't able to train at Westside for a few months. the funny thing was I just kept doing what Lou told me to do all along and came back with a big 520 bench raw. That was with crappy workout partners and and a lousy atmosphere.

So you can imagine what happened when I got back to Westside haha. I went bannanas on the PRs. But what I learned was how well this stuff works that Lou has taught me! Should that have surprised me? Not at all. Some people don't like it and thats ok, I completly understand, but everything he has told me to do worked like a charm!

Working on excellent form is always a big deal at WS. I may be one of the top benchers on our Wed crew, but even I don't get any slack cut. If I don't lock something out, or bounce it off my chest or whatever it may be, I'll get called on it.

So I guess what I've learned is you can be pretty good on your own, but when you're surrounded by greatness, you've got nowhere to go but up. You're only as good as those around you

never settle for less than perfection boys and girls!

which means we've all got a long time in the gym ahead of us! :thumb:

i looked at some old highschool pics that I used to think i looked "swole" in...

god was i delusional :D

never settle for less than perfection boys and girls!

which means we've all got a long time in the gym ahead of us! :thumb:

i looked at some old highschool pics that I used to think i looked "swole" in...

god was i delusional :D

:lol: Holy shit, I remember that adjective. That along with "diesel."

I'm still at the very beginning of this whole deal. I don't know shit and get confused about how one thing impacts the other, what is best for what, etc...

I'm still at the very beginning of this whole deal. I don't know shit and get confused about how one thing impacts the other, what is best for what, etc...

Read, read and read some more matey - we were all like that when we started and there is plenty more we still dont know! which is why we log on here - ask the questions or pay attention when someone else does!

Good luck - I'm sure you'll be fine :)

Though I hope you never, ever get injured, just showing up and trying your best is what counts the most (for the most part :twitch: ), IMO. Most people confuse soreness with failure rather than side effect thus, give up.

Keep at it. Keep eating. And when you notice a change, chime in in this thread. :D

Back