• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Bicep exercises

frostaldinho

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
how u doin everyone, i'm currently doing a programme that, despite being very good, doesn't have any specific Bicep exercises. What are the best bicep training exercises that i can incorporate into programme?

If you haven't been weight training for very long, and it doesn't sound like you have, then forget "isolation" exercises. Just stick to the big compound movements.

If you haven't been weight training for very long, and it doesn't sound like you have, then forget "isolation" exercises. Just stick to the big compound movements.

+1

heavy rows (T-bars, BB rows, Db rows, seated cable rows, supine rows...) = better bicep growth than isolation movements in my opinion.

What do you mean by that mate? i've been training for little over 4 months, my upper body, abs and legs are improving a great deal but arms simply are not

What do you mean by that mate? i've been training for little over 4 months, my upper body, abs and legs are improving a great deal but arms simply are not

compound movements will make your biceps grow fine without focusing on biceps. isolation just targets the bicep muscle and thats all, you'll make faster gains while throwing in more compound workouts like scarface mentioned and only perform 1 or 2 at most bicep iso's.

Four months isn't a lot of time. Isolation (single-joint) exercises is something that you should generally use if you find that part of your body is lagging. At four months, that's something you can't possibly know on your own.

Preachers and curls have nothing on dips and close-grip bench presses. The later will give you far more growth.

As for your arms not growing, you'll need to post your routine to see what the problem may be.

compound movements will make your biceps grow fine without focusing on biceps. isolation just targets the bicep muscle and thats all, you'll make faster gains while throwing in more compound workouts like scarface mentioned and only perform 1 or 2 at most bicep iso's.

ahh ok cheers mate

Id bet money on your arms being completely in proportion with the rest of you.

Just keep training, everything will grow so long as you eat well and your training program is balanced.

Squats, Deadlifts, Lunges, Hyperextensions, Rows, Pullups, Bench Press, and Dips.

Four months isn't a lot of time. Isolation (single-joint) exercises is something that you should generally use if you find that part of your body is lagging. At four months, that's something you can't possibly know on your own.

Preachers and curls have nothing on dips and close-grip bench presses. The later will give you far more growth.

As for your arms not growing, you'll need to post your routine to see what the problem may be.

Day 1
Flat Bench Press Seated Row
2x2 2x4 2x6 2x2 2x4 2x6
Back Squats Rollouts
3x(876)
Dips Single Arm DB Pull
3x8 3x8

Day 2
Seated Clav press Cg Pull Ups
2x2 4x2 6x2 3x8
RDl Jackknifes
3x(876)
Seated DB press Rev Grip Chins
3(876) 3x8

Day 3
Incline Bench Wide Grip chins
4x5 4x5
Deadlifts Crunches
4x4
Cg Bench press Bentover Row
3x(10,9,8) 3x(10,9,8)

Day 4
Seated DB press Single Arm DB pull
4x5 4x5
Squats Rev Crunch
4x8
Standing ClavPress CG chins
3x(10,9,8) 3x(10,9,8)

There u go mate

Wide Grip chins

i'll save you a yelling from Built, wide grip chins aren't the best, they can mess up your RC.

shoulder length chins are work very well though, for me at least.

IML Gear Cream!
DB pull? Are you talking about dumbell rows?

As far as building muscle, there are some specific bicep workouts that are better than others but just remember to keep up on your squats and deadlifts which I feel are by far the best for spurring the muscle building horomones in your body.

Remember when it comes to biceps you have different fibers that get activated when you curl in different fashions and from different directions. A standard underhanded curl will activate different fibers than a hammer curl or a reverse (overhand) curl. Also using the cable crossover machine for lateral curls is different because your shoulders help more than your back.

Like with any muscle group, try to train movements on the same day (abductions vs adductions) doing a diverse choice of workouts, and change up your routine regularly to keep your muscle growth thoroughly stimulated.

, my upper body, abs and legs are improving a great deal but arms simply are not

if your upper body is growing then ist likly your arms are as well. its very unliky for someone to have a big back with small biceps, or big shoulder and chest with small triceps, because they all get worked together.

Are you actually measureing your arms to see if there growing, its like gazhole said they most liky are in proportion with the rest of your body, but you just feel there not, after all everybody wants a pair of huge arms.

take every ones advice and stick with the compounds, and if you need to, then do no more than 2 different isolation exercises at no more than 3 sets each, so a total of 6 isolation sets.

I consider, and have been told by just about everyone including strangers at the gym, my arms are pretty sweet. Witht hat being said, I do virtually no iso bicep exercises. I do barbell bent over rows, sometimes with a Yates style underhand grip, thus it works the bi's, I do pullups/chinups, t-bar rows, CG lat pulls etc. Point is, all my pulling exercises, if done right and with nice intensity, hit my bi's just fine. I could hardly do an iso bi exercise after this stuff because I am fried, occasionally I do a barbell curl set or two. However, I do work the tri's more directly, partly because my tri's help my bench press strength increase, and I feel the tri's give the arms the mass look more so than the bicep. I love weighted dips, tri barbell OH extensions(heavy) and other heavy tri movements(not kickbacks). If you are doing your back and pulling exercises with intensity and form, don't stress over your bi's, they will follow the rest I promise. Don't be the guy who walks into the gym, and the first exercise they do is pick up a set of DB's and sit in front of the mirror and do iso DB curls. 99.9% of the guys I see do this, are small, weak, and are in the gym for 25 min's overall, with no clue as to how to properly train.

Back