• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Top 5 Godzilla Battle Scenes

Thanks, AKIRA!

I remember watching Godzilla as a kid. Back in LA, in the early to mid 80s, KTLA would have a 24 hour monster marathon twice a year. One in the summer, at the beginning of spring break, and one at Thanksgiving.

I remember when I was 7 years old and being up at 2 or 3 in the morning all by myself watching the marathon. I'd usually fall asleep by 4. I asked my mother to wake my up at 8 AM to watch more. Good times!

The last three clips (2, 1, and the extra) were from the "last" Godzilla movie, Godzilla: Final Wars.

I like how the American Godzilla got his ass kicked. What a joke. One of the producers of the Godzilla movies, after seeing the "new" Godzilla, decided to call him "Zilla" because the American movie makes had taken the "God" out of Godzilla. Damn strait!

God I want Godzilla vs Cloverfield. Cloverfield would get its ass handed to it.

YouTube Video

I used to love those cheesy things when I was young....

YouTube Video

I used to love those cheesy things when I was young....

I remember reading a black monster book (that I still have at home) that showed pics of that movie and I wouldve killed to see it! It said in the book that in the american version, kong wins. Naturally, when I got to finally see the movie, Kong won!

And I was :(

I hated the way Godzilla acted in that movie. Kong was funny though. Always looking at his burnt fur thinking :wtf:

Not a chance. Cloverfield was pretty horrible by itself, but it could be fixed if the sequel is amazing.

How the hell is a good sequel going to redeem a part one?

Cloverfield was original, the CGI was great, plot was acceptable, acting was decent/good and the advertising campaign was very clever.

Godzilla is a milked out piece of shit series based solely on the 'look at the awesome big carnage inflicted by this beast' premise. B-movie deluxe.

It could fix it if it explained a lot of stuff that part one left in the air. As it stands the movie had no plotline or history except a bunch of retards running around NYC while a monster is destroying stuff.

It's kind of like how The Bourne Ultimatum tied Supremacy into everything, but Supremacy alone was pretty bad compared to the others.

IML Gear Cream!
They explained a lot of the stuff in the advertising campaign and on their sites. Also, they (rightfully) choose not to explain a lot of stuff for multiple reasons. You can't realistically explain something so fictional as a giant monster that comes trashing NYC.
Secondly, not explaining things leaves the viewer in the unknown. The unknown is often more frightful than an explanation.
Also, the whole idea of the movie was that you were watching a handycam. You only know what's recorded on the cam.

As for the explanation, IIRC, the monster came from the deep in the sea where humans haven't ventured yet. Some fictional company went there to collect an ingredient for their product (the site and the product even had websites and offers) and angered the monster, who was actually still a baby (hence it going all apeshit). In a part of the recording you can see the company's satellite crashing into the sea a few days prior to d-day. That's when the company's drilling island got wrecked by the baby monster. Only one tanker manages to get away. That's the tanker you see get destroyed first when it enters the New York harbor. The makers of the movie actually mapped out the entire trail the monster walked and it corresponds to the movie (note the Statue of Liberty etc.).
There was more, but I forgot some things.

Anyway, to each his own of course.

Back