• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Probe lands on Mars, NASA says

min0 lee

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Probe lands on Mars, NASA says - CNN.com

(CNN) -- The first pictures from NASA's Mars Phoenix Lander, which successfully touched down near Mars' north pole Sunday, showed a pattern of brown polygons as far as the camera could see.
corner_wire_BL.gif

"It's surprisingly close to what we expected and that's what surprises me most," said Peter Smith, the mission's principal investigator. "I expected a bigger surprise."
The landing on the Red Planet's arctic plains -- which ended a 296-day journey -- was right on target, a feat NASA's Ed Weiler compared to landing a hole-in-one with a golf ball from 10,000 miles.
The landing -- dubbed the "seven minutes of terror" -- was a nerve-wracking experience for mission managers, who have witnessed the failure of similar missions.
In mission control at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California, they celebrated the lander's much-anticipated entry.
"It was better than we could have imagined," Barry Goldstein, project manager for the Phoenix mission, told CNN

"It's surprisingly close to what we expected and that's what surprises me most," said Peter Smith, the mission's principal investigator. "I expected a bigger surprise."

That sentence confuses the fuck out of me. If you could power a spacecraft on confusion these guys would be surfing in Andromeda right now.

My head.

I was listening to this on "This week in science". It doesn't have the ability to roam, so the landing spot had to be dead on. They think there is ice under the surface which is what the probe is going to look for by digging a few feet down then analyzing what it finds.

It is really amazing that they were able to land it right where they needed to.

Because response times from Mars will be oh, so much better than say Utah. Retard.

IMO they should land someone on mars and then turn it into a military base and put mad nukes on it so that they could shoot other countries that have beef with us from their.

so much for world peace. :hmmm:

That sentence confuses the fuck out of me. If you could power a spacecraft on confusion these guys would be surfing in Andromeda right now.

My head.

:roflmao:

bro that would be a great idea. putting something like that up their. cuz then we can fire on anyone that fucks with the US

Easier said than done, don't you think most every supercountry would do that if it were that easy?

I was listening to this on "This week in science". It doesn't have the ability to roam, so the landing spot had to be dead on. They think there is ice under the surface which is what the probe is going to look for by digging a few feet down then analyzing what it finds.

It is really amazing that they were able to land it right where they needed to.

Almost all of NASA's lander do quite well.

Almost all of NASA's lander do quite well.

Yeah, almost. They can't afford any more disasters with GW pulling some many funds from science as it is.

PHX_Lander_516-387.jpg

Phoenix News

NASA's Mars Phoenix Lander can be seen parachuting down to Mars, in this image captured by the High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment (HiRISE) camera on NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter. This is the first time that a spacecraft has imaged the final descent of another spacecraft onto a planetary body.

Because response times from Mars will be oh, so much better than say Utah. Retard.

He might be onto something though... if you launched a missle from Mars, the enemy would know for months that their days are numbered. Just think of the mass hysteria that country would suffer knowing they only had a few months before the nukes landed. :thinking: :rolleyes:

Back