• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Best way to lift?

I think the longer you lift the more you find there is no "the only way to lift"

there are different types of lifting that suit differnt types of goals

Well HIT is slow and 5x5 is smooth and volume training can be fast - its all about mixing things up so your body doesnt adapt.

Out of the pool of options, I think negative accentuated is best for both (size and strength). Staying in the gym too long or going to often will totally fuck the results, though.

I'm no expert but from what I've seen in boxing gyms they tend to train weights in an 'explosive' way - quite fast reps and not desperate about form. It seems to be more about building power than size with those guys I've seen. I'm sure a boxing strength conditioner at any local gym will be able to show you.

I'm no expert but from what I've seen in boxing gyms they tend to train weights in an 'explosive' way - quite fast reps and not desperate about form. It seems to be more about building power than size with those guys I've seen. I'm sure a boxing strength conditioner at any local gym will be able to show you.

Seriously, will someone tell me how on earth slow movements do not "BUILD POWER"??? Do you know what power is?

well what in ur opnion u dont have to use teh options is the best for a fighter?

I think full range of motion exercises that increase flexibility as well as increase the power output of the muscles is the best route to go, aside from conditioning and specific boxing moves (hooks, jabs, rotation of the hips, foot movement). Studying current fighters in your style, fighter strategies, and general fundamentals would give you an advantage because a lot of the time that stuff is neglected.

In addition to traditional dumbell and barbell work, I like rotary machines that adjust the strength curve with the mechanical advantage of the muscles. Angle of pull type stuff.

thanks i have a good routine already im just confused as to what speed to lift the weights at lol.

The answer is whatever speed will get you the strongest/most muscular. Slow eccentrics with heavier weights, negative accentuated or negative only, are absolutely brilliant for trainees who need to prioritize skill specific training over mindless weight-room pumping.

And the slow movement will not make you slow or less powerful. This is a bad assertion.

Seriously, will someone tell me how on earth slow movements do not "BUILD POWER"??? Do you know what power is?

OK calm yourself there mate - deep breaths. I did say I wasnt an 'expert' but was merely recounting first hand observations. Danny had asked what works best for fighting?

And I am aware of the definition of power - thank you for asking.

I think the longer you lift the more you find there is no "the only way to lift"

there are different types of lifting that suit differnt types of goals

I agree with this.

I also think that certain movments are suited towards more explosive reps, some movements are felt better kind of getting into a rhythm, some slow(rarely for me).

Where are all my knowledgable lifters at? The answer is slow down and explosive up, or as explosive you can be at that wieght. Its real simple by going slow down you are stressing the negative benefits of wieght training and by exploding up you are tapping into your deepest most explosive muscle tissues. I don't know i suppose someone could argue otherwise but I find this quite simple for whatever you're goals are unless you are looking for an aerobic type of lifting session which you try to fly through everything at a fast pace, that type of lifting is generally best for women who are trying to slim down.

Where are all my knowledgable lifters at? The answer is slow down and explosive up, or as explosive you can be at that wieght. Its real simple by going slow down you are stressing the negative benefits of wieght training and by exploding up you are tapping into your deepest most explosive muscle tissues. I don't know i suppose someone could argue otherwise but I find this quite simple for whatever you're goals are unless you are looking for an aerobic type of lifting session which you try to fly through everything at a fast pace, that type of lifting is generally best for women who are trying to slim down.

Yeah, the best way to train is to bounce the weight up as explosively as you can. Say with a deadlift, or a squat, or a bench press.

:rolleyes:

If you ever have seen someone miscalculate their own strength and do that, it results in them "exploding" so much that the momentum carries them past their reach or range of motion. Such advice is stupid and results in injuries, hyperextensions, torn muscles, strained connective tissue and so on.

Noooooo, did i ever say a damn thing about bouncing a weight. The way you would bounce a weight would be for example the bench press you would go down 2 fast hit your chest and bounce it back up, that is not what i said. The negative movements should be slower and very much controlled, the positive of the lift should be done with as much explosion and power as possible, if that results in lifting the bar up 2 quickly than you need to add some wieght my friend so you can't fly up with the bar and overextend something. If you are training with the right amount of wieght this should be no problem. Also, note, i said this is simply the best way to train in my opinion, not to say other speeds such as complete negatives or faster paced higher reps don't serve a purpose in some peoples training from time to time.

Back