• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

'The Incredible Hulk' Director Wanted To Make Amends For Ang Lee's 'Hulk'

min0 lee

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
'The Incredible Hulk' Director Wanted To Make Amends For Ang Lee's 'Hulk' - Starpulse Entertainment News Blog

Director Louis Leterrier made The Incredible Hulk just five years after the comic book character last hit the big screen - because he was "disappointed' with Ang Lee's effort.
Bruce Banner and his alter ego are back, with Edward Norton in the lead role, alongside Liv Tyler as Betty Ross - following in the footsteps of Eric Bana and Jennifer Connelly who took on the roles in the 2003 big screen adaptation.
Leterrier claims his film is not a remake or a sequel - but more of a revisiting. And although the filmmaker claims he was a fan of Lee's 2003 effort, he felt he could capture the Marvel Comics creation better.
He says, "Technically, my film is not a sequel. But at the same time I didn't want to insult people who saw the first movie because I'm a fan of it myself. There were so many great ideas in it, but as a Hulk fan I was disappointed. It wasn't the Hulk movie I wanted to see."

Maybe I just always liked the wrong super heroes, but this year has not been for me as far as hero movies go. The Hulk and Iron man are the two of the biggest yawns I could have come up with.

The VS movies should be good. I can't see a Venom vs Wolverine or Hulk or something being bad, no plot but still.

Edward mother fucking Norton. End of story. I'll watch it.

The Ang Lee was was horrible.

With Ed Norton AND Liv Tyler, I'm willing to give this one a shot. But I agree, the cg hulk looks pretty fake. They should really just bring back Lou Ferrigno.

I didnt mind the first Hulk movie. I dont know what all the bad press about it is all about :shrug: At times it was a bit soap opera-ish, but thats about it. I thought that was to keep the attract the female movie goers.

IML Gear Cream!
Iron man? You didnt like that?

I didn't see it. I was tempted to though. I just never liked the character though, or the Hulk for that matter. Admittedly, the Iron Man movie looks cool and I've heard great things about it from friends, and tit and I have considered seeing it eventually

I mean, I liked Spiderman and Venom, and Ghost Rider, and their movies were crap. So maybe if I watch a movie about characters I don't like the movie'll be good

Quotes from Rotten Tomato

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_incredible_hulk/

The ending battle between The Hulk and Abomination is one of the most spectacular and exciting things I've ever seen on screen. If the downtown Los Angeles robot battles of Transformers impressed you, this puts those to shame.

Itâ??????s the crappy summer blockbuster Marvelites probably deserve.

Certainly a more convincing proposition than the tank-shotputting hot air balloon of Lee's movie.

At times on par with the first Spider-Man, some of the original movie's problems are replaced by new ones, but none that completely ruin the enjoyment every time the Hulk comes out to 'SMASH!!!'

The Hulk looks pretty damn good and the final fight will make diehard fans and new fans satisfied.

The Poodle killed the first Hulk.
toy_poodle.jpg

???????

this new one doesnt look any more REAL.

BINGO. I'll watch it because the Hulk is one of my favorite all-time characters, but they need MUCH better CGI before I'll give it two thumbs up. They would have been better served getting one of the mass monsters from the IFB and blue screening him and/or using creative camera angles like they did with Lou in the TV series.

I've been watching the hulk series marathon on scifi all day. I swear, they need to bump the CG and bring back Lou. He freaking made the Hulk

You need CG for the Hulk, in the comics the Hulk tore cars apart, Jumped stories high and I believe he was over 7 feet tall.
Loved Ferrigno but there wasn't much his character could do.

Maybe i'm wrong.....but then again look at The Thing from the fantastic 4, they didn't really use too much CG did they.

The Poodle killed the first Hulk.
I never understood the fuss over that either. My guess is that the idea was to show the extensive result of going from being docile to extremely aggressive. Now using a dog that was aggressive by nature would not require much imagination to show it as being aggressive. That would be very predictable result :shrug: . I guess most people had issues in being convinced that a poodle could be aggressive as a result of the circumstances as they must have been in denial. :nerd:

Besides what was the Hulk supposed to do to the poodle? give it a bad haircut and send it on the runway, instead? :p Admit it, it felt good to see an annoying poodle get beaten up. I know secretly a lot of you would want to do that. :mooh:

I didn't see it. I was tempted to though. I just never liked the character though, or the Hulk for that matter. Admittedly, the Iron Man movie looks cool and I've heard great things about it from friends, and tit and I have considered seeing it eventually

I mean, I liked Spiderman and Venom, and Ghost Rider, and their movies were crap. So maybe if I watch a movie about characters I don't like the movie'll be good

Most people who didnt like Spiderman, liked Ironman. I think it had to do with a more realistic approach and Downey's persona.

IML Gear Cream!
i hope this one is good because the lat hulk movies was ok and i felt they didnt do enough hulk wise

Back