• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

175 at 10% bf, how can i get to 180, with 10 %

derrickrose23

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!

This is what im trying to understand.. I finally, with the help of Built's diet lost a lot of my fat. I currently have a 6 pack and obliques. I have a pretty strong overall body, but would like to add more lean muscle while staying at the same body fat ratio.. like can i get to 180 while still seeing my 6 pack.. If i could add just a bit of muscle to my chest while keeping my abs, i'd be very happy with my body..

8 am -- I generally eat a cup of oatmeal in the morning, with chopped up bananas, and 1% milk
10:30 then 3 eggs with a piece of toast with natural peanut butter
1- workout
post workout- almonds, fruit
6- oats, bananas
8:30- chicken breast, veges, balsmati rice
11- cottage cheese

I think my diet is ok, but can get better, especially when i get more money to supplement the needed protein in my diet.. im 175 lb, i am curious if i should think of carb cycling to lose some fat and get some extra muscle packed on..

good post.. im in the same boat but a little heavier.. im 195 @ 10.5% bf ... i want to get to an even 200 @ 10% bf.... so ive been scouring the internet for answers myself... i am eating cleanly as you are..

from what ive been reading i need to eat about 2000 calories 4 or 5 times a week... the other 2 or 3 days i need to up it to about 2500 calories.. clean calories (from protein and carbs) ofcourse... this is in conjunction with working out heavy 4 times a week and doing interval sprints/bike/stairs on the days i dont lift...

i have just started less than a full week ago and i have gained a lean pound.. but of course i need to give it more time to see concrete results...

.. ---- clean calorie cycling.. ... maybe increase your calories by about 500 2 or 3 days out of the week and still hit those cardio sessions hard.. so thats my two cents

there is not much behind it except for the fact that from my research it seems to make sense so try it if you feel.. and if there is anyone else on this site that can help us both, please drop some better suggestions....

:)

This is what im trying to understand.. I finally, with the help of Built's diet lost a lot of my fat. I currently have a 6 pack and obliques. I have a pretty strong overall body, but would like to add more lean muscle while staying at the same body fat ratio.. like can i get to 180 while still seeing my 6 pack.. If i could add just a bit of muscle to my chest while keeping my abs, i'd be very happy with my body..

8 am -- I generally eat a cup of oatmeal in the morning, with chopped up bananas, and 1% milk
10:30 then 3 eggs with a piece of toast with natural peanut butter
1- workout
post workout- almonds, fruit
6- oats, bananas
8:30- chicken breast, veges, balsmati rice
11- cottage cheese

I think my diet is ok, but can get better, especially when i get more money to supplement the needed protein in my diet.. im 175 lb, i am curious if i should think of carb cycling to lose some fat and get some extra muscle packed on..

Eat more... lift more... limit your workouts to no more than 1 hour 3x a week...

Can you use whey protein powder? It is probably much cheaper than most sources of protein foods. But don't substitute the protein powder for more than 2-3 meals a day... After all, your body wasn't designed to drink it's food...

Are you eating enough food to gain weight?

I'm trying to do the same. I'm currently 172 lbs with 12% BF. I want to get to 180 lbs with 10% BF.

Take built's advice. She pointed me in the right direction. Need to eat more to gain lean body mass. Tell her exactly how many grams of proteins, carbs and fats you are taking and what your training schedule looks like and she will tell you what to do.

To me your protein intake seems to be too low to support that kind of lean body mass gain. Atleast 1gm/lb LBW of protein and some even say 1.5 gm/lb LBW of protein. As someone already said, Whey protein is the most convenient way of getting adequate clean protein if you can afford it.

Don't ignore the carbs(I think you need more) and the fat.

Just my 2 cents.....

you don't wana be taking in much fat after your workout because it interfears with the bloodflow. What kind of fruit are you taking with your post workout? you want high glycemic carbs after the weights espesially when trying to add on lean mass. It spikes your insulin driving the carbs straight in to your depleated muscles for growth. I recomend taking jasmin rice after it has a glycemic index of 107 which is great only after workouts.
Then you need your whey, the protein repairs the muscles and stops catabolism. Consume close to 17-20 cals per lb of bodyweight depending apon your metabolism.

Basically, it's going to be slow. Eat just slightly above maintenance and you'll grow without gaining fat. But it's painstaking.

yes its painstakingly slow but it does work

Just carry a ten pound dumbbell around everywhere u go, problem solved.:clapping:

Back