• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

I'm a fatty who needs help...

Damn...you're eating the worst possible thing....slimfast is just sugar! Sugar is evil! From this point forward do NOT have another one....put that sugar shake down! :D

First off...you'll do better by eating six smaller meals than three large meals per day. Secondly...if you're going to lose fat you need to eat...that's right, you won't lose fat by not eating. If you're not feeding your body enough calories it will think you're trying to starve it and hold onto every ounce of food you give it...in the form of fat. so you really need to make sure you're eating enough food. Now what's more important is what you're eating. Sugar, and there's many forms of it...not just table sugar, will stop any fat burning dead in it's tracks. You've got to learn what 'sugar' is and start avoiding it like the plague :D

Proper protein is essential....make sure you're getting enough protein in each meal! And don't forget about fats...healthy fats, you need to have them in your diet. Go to the top of the nutrition forum and click on the "best nutritional threads" link and read the "fat loss Primer"...there's also a male meal plan there for cutting...it will help give you an idea of what kinda foods you should be eating.

Welcome to IM :D

If you can read the two posts that I suggested and come back and tell us what you learned...that would be a big help :)

Just an example, but you should get the idea.

Meal 1: 4 eggs, .5 cup oatmeal
Meal 2: protein shake
Meal 3: 6oz chicken, fish, or lean beef; brown rice, piece of fruit
Meal 4: protein shake
Meal 5: 9oz of meat, some green veggies
Meal 6: 6oz of meat, some green veggies

Originally posted by mimoman
yeah, w8lifter, im doing it right now.

:thumb: awesome...I gotta go, but I'll be back later to help...and I'm sure everyone else will take care of you :)

ok i know i should eliminate slim fast now, and im going to eat about 368 g of protein a day, which is best eaten in small meals (about six).

sugar is evil:) no sweetened oatmeal, no white starchy breads (hamburger buns, hotdog buns, white bread, etc).

i do need to eat carbohydrates, however, and whole wheat and raw oatmeal is good for me...

i shouldn't starve myself but fuel myself so i am at optimum condition for working out and my body looks at my fat as a fuel source...

(or something like that, maybe?)

IML Gear Cream!
Now, Fade99, what kind of protein shake are you talking about?

im going to eat about 368 g of protein a day, which is best eaten in small meals (about six).

i do need to eat carbohydrates, however, and whole wheat and raw oatmeal is good for me...

368 grams of protein would be excessive in my opinion. 200-250g would be fine.

Plain whole wheat bread is no different than white bread. Get something whole grain, 100% stoneground or even sourdough. The acid in the sourdough slows down the digestion while the whole grains in bread take longer to digest, if at all.

You should cycle cals in a fashion that is inversely proportional to cardio. Here is a sample and is by no means a one specific to your goals.

2 weeks 3000 cals 1hour cardio
2 weeks 2500 cals 30-45 minutes cardio
2 weeks 2500 cals no cardio
when progress stalls, drop cals to 2000.

Generally, with this style plan my clients drop 20 lbs with half of that being water, but the intention of this program is not quick weight loss, it is permanent weight loss. The real weight loss comes when you hit that point where progress stalls. I have clients who have dropped 50lbs who are still slowly losing weight 4 months later. By the way, the 2 weeks time is not typical, that is my personal duration. You should do each cycle until your progress completely stalls out. Typically that would be longer than 2 weeks. I am sure you are looking for quick results, but quick results will typically slow your metabolism to the point where if you intake any significant amount of calories you will gain all or more of it back.

Now, Fade99, what kind of protein shake are you talking about?
Anything that doesn't have carbs. EAS Simply Whey is cheap.

ok, thanks, Duncan, you really know what you are talking about. now, would the schedule you wrote be more specific to my goals if the weeks were extended, lowered, or would i have to just spend all of my summer on a treadmill?

Last edited:
It is up to you, would you prefer to eat more and do more cardio or vice versa. Personally, I prefer to do more cardio for a longer period of time, but I love to eat. It also prevents my thyroid from shutting down. The problem with a severely low carbohydrate diet is that it is very difficult to go back to a high carb diet without some rebound thanks to our old pal insulin. I love beer so a severely low carb diet is out of the question.

ok i know i should eliminate slim fast now, and im going to eat about 368 g of protein a day, which is best eaten in small meals (about six).

sugar is evil:) no sweetened oatmeal, no white starchy breads (hamburger buns, hotdog buns, white bread, etc).

i shouldn't starve myself but fuel myself so i am at optimum condition for working out and my body looks at my fat as a fuel source...

I agree w/ Duncan...the 368 g of protein would be excessive.

You can eat more than raw oatmeal too. .....sweet potatoes, brown rice, apples, berries, grapefruit, peachs...they are all good sources of carbs.

Hang in there

I'm in the same boat you are. I am using the low carb approach as W8 recommended. The first week I dropped weight rapidly and then it slowed down to a steady rate of around 2-3 lbs/week. Hang in there and don't give in to the tempations of a cheat day. Believe me, they make it heck to get back on the wagon.

Back