• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Doublebase in Beijing

IML Gear Cream!
Why are all the city pictures so foggy?

Pollution, they don't have the same love for the environment as we do.

They are also maki

Pollution, they don't have the same love for the environment as we do.

Thats what I thought it was. That looks horrible. I read about how they were trying to clean the air for the olympics....goodluck with that.

Beijing traffic plan tests commuters

text_size.gif

txt_minus.gif
txt_minus_dn_.gif

txt_plus.gif
txt_plus_dn.gif

BEIJING, China (AP) -- Morning haze hung over Beijing on Monday, the first workday for restrictions on car use under a bold plan to clear the Olympic city of its notorious smog-choked skies.
art.beijing.ap.jpg
An electronic billboard display in Beijing shows information about the traffic control period on Sunday.

more photos ??»

corner_wire_BL.gif

Under a two-month plan that started Sunday, half of the capital's 3.3 million cars will be removed from city streets on alternate days, depending on whether the license plate ends in an odd or even number.
It could be several days before the impact of the clean-up plan -- which includes cutbacks on construction and factory closures -- can be seen, whether that means less traffic on the roads or cleaner skies over the city.
Also, while the government has said it hopes to reduce vehicle emissions, one of Beijing's chief sources of pollution, it is unclear how the effectiveness of the plan will be gauged. The government has not made public a specific target for emissions levels or said how it will measure air quality.....more

Thats what I thought it was. That looks horrible. I read about how they were trying to clean the air for the olympics....goodluck with that.
You should see their lakes, they make Mexico's look like they filter there waters.

I hope this plan works. But I bet many are going to drive anyways.

Are there any pictures of their lakes? I would like to see that.

610x.jpg

18 months ago: HANSHOU COUNTY, CHINA - JANUARY 11: (CHINA OUT) An environmental protection worker checks dried pollutants at the Dongting Lake Protective Area in Jiangjiazui Township on January 11, 2007 in Hanshou County of Hunan Province, China. Dongting Lake, China's second largest freshwater lake, is facing an ecological crisis due to drought, excessive fishing and serious pollution. Factories around the lake are discharging pollutants directly to the lake. The numbers of fish, waterfowls and migrant birds inhabiting on the lake have sharply decreased while the Dongting Lake Wetland is degenerating, according to local media. (Photo by China Photos/Getty Images)

Severe pollution kill fish in Guanqiao Lake, China

Large quantities of dead fish floats on Guanqiao Lake in Wuhan, Central China's Hubei Province July 11, 2007. Severe pollution, caused by untreated industrial waste and continuous scorching heat resulted in the deaths of 50,000 kg of fish in the lake, setting off the stench to local villagers around the lake. Link

That looks like a disgusting place to live. How can they live in that enivronment!

What's wrong with those people.:wtf:

(He says, "Those People" bravely, knowing that he will soon be labeled racist and banned forever)

IML Gear Cream!
That looks like a disgusting place to live. How can they live in that environment!
Funny you say that but we have people here who complain about the EPA having to much control over our environment.

That looks like a disgusting place to live. How can they live in that enivronment!

Just remember that picture next time you here some republican turd bitching about the environmental wackos here in the US.

Two wrongs do not a right make.

well, okay, one major wrong and one sorta screwed up thing.

We're still screwing up the planet.....whacko's or not.

Yes the haze is smog. Some days are better then others. Like the day after it rains. They started doing even odd days on cars. i.e If your cars license plate ends in 7 then drive every other day.

Do the cars have catalytic converters?

I don't know the answer to that. I'd imagine they do though. They run a pretty tight ship over here. Some of the guys have been here in the mid eighties and said that none of these tall buildings, apartment complexes were here back then. They really busted ass and got this place moving. Its just like any big city back in the states. Its also very clean. There isn't trash all around and you feel safe walking around at night. The people work hard and seem to be happy. They work a normal 40 hour work week just like we do. They retire at the age of 60. I'm sure you could find some nasty pics in the U.S as well. Take a look in some of the cattle plants. From what I've seen so far this place is not bad at all.

Keep us posted, Double. I look forward to pics and comments.

I don't know the answer to that. I'd imagine they do though. They run a pretty tight ship over here. Some of the guys have been here in the mid eighties and said that none of these tall buildings, apartment complexes were here back then. They really busted ass and got this place moving. Its just like any big city back in the states. Its also very clean. There isn't trash all around and you feel safe walking around at night. The people work hard and seem to be happy. They work a normal 40 hour work week just like we do. They retire at the age of 60. I'm sure you could find some nasty pics in the U.S as well. Take a look in some of the cattle plants. From what I've seen so far this place is not bad at all.
Thats because you are in the area they cleaned up for the Olympics, try driving out away from that city. I bet they wouldn't even let you.

Thats because you are in the area they cleaned up for the Olympics, try driving out away from that city. I bet they wouldn't even let you.

They did more then just clean this place up. Its a frikin metropolis.

Noodle house. Yum.
IMG_3938.jpg

In my hotel room closet. Lol.
IMG_50782.jpg

Donkey meat. Very good.
IMG_39362.jpg

30 foot long noodle.
IMG_39392.jpg

so how was the your shredded ass and everything else?

Excellent. I had some corn with shrimp. Whole shrimpies. Head, skin everything. That was the was the best meal I've had yet in Beijing. We had 7 or 8 dishes, about 15 12oz beers (TsiangTao) and our bill was only 360Yuan. About 50$US. Split between 5 people. That is considered an expensive place.

Back