• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Am I Missing Something Obvious?

DaMayor

Un~Bulking
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I've been training off and on for a long time. After many months, I finally got back to the gym. A couple of days ago, I started my new leg routine as planned, beginning with weight that seemed to be correct at the time......The weight I was pushing seemed okay....felt like I was at 70%-85% exertion, if that, and I was going with the plan.

But here's what I noticed.....
(And keep in mind that this is a re-start for me, so the weight I use isn't that much.)

My old butt was doing 360 on the incline/sled leg press, after I cleared out, there would always be some monster of a guy who would only set it up for freakin' 220 or something.

If I was curling 60....some muscle bound dude was stressing with 45.

What am I missing here? Are all of these cats on roids? Or am I just doing better than I thought I would right out of the gate?:hmmm:

The norm if there is one would be 6-8 plates on the sled. Mind you this is the average joe user in my gym. In my hey day I was pushing 30+ plates. Now I'm happy with 10-12.

As for BB curl of 45 and struggling...:shrug:

I wasn't trying to make a reference to my personal strength levels (as many do).....I'm very humble, and only concerned about my overall physical progress. I was just caught off guard because after such a long time, I thought I would be much weaker, and the bigger guys much stronger.

I know it has a lot to do with the individual.:shrug: I was just concerned that I might be going the power-lifter route (strong guys with a generally undefined physique in many cases) and not the route I should go to get the lean look I', after, y'know?

Guess I'll have to stick with the cut 'till I see what I have to work with, eh?:D

Oh, by the way, while I started with 8 plates and could've prolly done 10......Good thing I didn't. Today I can't walk, lol!

So you'll be strong and cut, no big deal :)

So you'll be strong and cut, no big deal :)

This would be great, yes. But I have always gone back after a long period, retained a descent amount of strength (which is amazing to me because my (physical) work ethic has dropped drastically over the past three or four years) yet never reached that level of leaness I was after.

Damned Bubba syndrome, I guess. Oh well, I guess I'll have to work through the next level somehow.....old age sucks.:wits:

:D

From the looks you get from lifting more than seems natural for your build you'd think you just committed a crime. But when the people that shoot up illegal drugs lift average weight... no one raises an eyebrow. Funny how things work.

Back