• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Training for fat loss

trapper124

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I am about to start a high protein diet and i am going to start working out alot. I was wondering if i should do cardio every morning and lift every afternoon. Or should i do cardio 4 days a week and wieghts 3 or what ever else? What is a good training routine for weight loss.

It depends on if you want to gain muscle or just loose fat if you want to loose fat and stay with your same muscle, just workout four days and do cardio four as well mon tues wed-off thursday friday and stick to your diet if you have a good one set up if your not 100% on your diet forget about the rest.

It depends on how many calories you'll be taking in versus what youre doing. Take in too little and youre gonna drop muscle regardless. Dont do some drastic late night infomercial type crap. Do you know what your maintenance calorie intake is or is close to? i.e. what you need to take in in order to not gain or lose weight. If you cut too many calories youre just gonna burn up all kinds of muscle. Unless youre wanting to lose muscle.

i would advise between 3 and 4 days interval training style cardio aswell as your gym training but as already advised your diet will have to be in a decent shape also

re

Merkaba, How do you figure out how many calories it takes to sustain weight? I am 6'0 245.

Merkaba, How do you figure out how many calories it takes to sustain weight? I am 6'0 245.

It's gonna depend on your activity lvl. Right? IF you're say.. a lumber jack or somethin' you'll need more cals to maintain than say.. .a 9-5 office worker would.

From what I understand its basically a trial and error process per person, and you eventually figure out what a good "maintenance" diet is for you. Once you have that figured out you can train and adjust your caloric intake and things to either gain or loose weight.

B.

if you don't mind some math work, you can use this. I don't think it's perfect, but it's seemed fairly accurate for me in the past.

English BMR Formula
Women: BMR = 655 + ( 4.35 x weight in pounds ) + ( 4.7 x height in inches ) - ( 4.7 x age in years )
Men: BMR = 66 + ( 6.23 x weight in pounds ) + ( 12.7 x height in inches ) - ( 6.8 x age in year )

Metric BMR Formula
Women: BMR = 655 + ( 9.6 x weight in kilos ) + ( 1.8 x height in cm ) - ( 4.7 x age in years )
Men: BMR = 66 + ( 13.7 x weight in kilos ) + ( 5 x height in cm ) - ( 6.8 x age in years )

Once you know your BMR, you can calculate your Daily Calorie Needs based on your activity level using the Harris Benedict Equation.

Harris Benedict Formula
To determine your total daily calorie needs, multiply your BMR by the appropriate activity factor, as follows:

If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) :
Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) :
Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) :
Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) :
Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) :
Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

Total Calorie Needs Example
If you are sedentary, multiply your BMR (1745) by 1.2 = 2094. This is the total number of calories you need in order to maintain your current weight.

Once you know the number of calories needed to maintain your weight, you can easily calculate the number of calories you need to eat in order to gain or lose weight.
I would suggest 15% - 20% caloric deficit, or 500 calories... whichever is less.

Back