• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

advice on loosing chest fat

kevinrex86

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
im new to fitness. real new. ive been strength training now for 40 days. my main goal is to loose my chest fat. ive had a bad case of gyco since i was 12 im 22 now and im sick of my chest fat. i wanna know if anybody has any advice. i strenght train 6 days a week along with eating 5 to 6 meals a day of clean burning fats. i also take protien shakes and kre-alkalyne. my chest exercises consist of dumbell and barbell bench presses and dumbell fly dips. from my research i understand the best way to get rid of gyco is to drop bodyfat. im at 16 percent body fat. please help, having gyco really makes a man feel like less of a man.

Loosing any kaind of fat =diet
if your diet isin't on point forget about loosing anything at all.Get on a good cutting diet and keep lifting also if you haven't add cardio to your routine for at least 3-4 days.
:thumb:

Your on the right track with the weight training. And like allnaturalmass said, you have gotta do cardio!! I wouldn't lift heavy weights either, I would stick with 5 sets of 20 (5 x 20) and I would add that you do incline bench press too. That with the cardio, and a healthy diet will really help to burn chest fat, and tone you up.

Weight training.....yes.:thumb:
Diet..............absolutely:thumbs:
Cardio?......Not so much.

Read the stickies.

Do a search on cardio, and you will find that, while it has its place, it is not the answer to fat loss.

cardio makes you weak :), diet does the trick. pick a diet that you can stick with, find maintain caloric value, then cut calories, and keep weight training.

In addition to what Merkaba said, you should approach this from more of a "I would like to increase lean mass and decrease bodyfat.

What would be the point of losing bodyfat if there is no underlying muscle to "expose"?:D

NO CARDIO!!!! if you focus 100% of your attention on your diet (i.e. clean it up) you will be a much happier person! Cardio does feel good, but if your diet isn't as good as it can be, then your diet (which could be really bad) will cancel out your cardio and your lean muscle mass at the same time!

IML Gear Cream!
In addition to what Merkaba said, you should approach this from more of a "I would like to increase lean mass and decrease bodyfat.

What would be the point of losing bodyfat if there is no underlying muscle to "expose"?:D

Defenetly true :thumb:

Find where your maintenance is , then drop to cutting and do cardio 2-3 days a week if you hate cardio do HIIT , focus on your weight trainning give this TIME to work see your results, and if that works and you wan't to add a little extra to it get a fat burner. I personnaly like to use them while cutting there not necessary but once again is up to you.:thumb:

Last edited:
Your on the right track with the weight training. And like allnaturalmass said, you have gotta do cardio!! I wouldn't lift heavy weights either, I would stick with 5 sets of 20 (5 x 20) and I would add that you do incline bench press too. That with the cardio, and a healthy diet will really help to burn chest fat, and tone you up.

All of this is 100% wrong and pointless.

Follow the advice of Merkaba, allnaturalmyass, and DaMayor and you should be fine.

Personally I do cardio for overall fitness. I like to be able to squat without getting winded. But diet is key. You can cut fat without running a single step if your weight training and diet are correct.

You can't spot reduce. To lose fat in your chest, you will have ot lose fat all over your body until you are satisfied that you have lost enough fat around your chest area.

If losing weight does not solve your gynomastia I recommend that you see an endochrinologist.

And avoid soy products (and other phytoestrogen containing foods) and increase your intake of fibrous veggies, esp broccoli and cauliflower.

if you ever feel that gyno makes you less of a man,
you should youtube some met-rx strongest man competition...

it will give you a whole new perspective on bodyfat, gyno and weight training...

that being said
do cardio twice a week, NO MORE
weight train 4 days a week
and monitor/adjust your diet in accordance with your goals

youll be healthy, shred fat, and become a monster, if you do things properly.

if you ever feel that gyno makes you less of a man,
you should youtube some met-rx strongest man competition...

it will give you a whole new perspective on bodyfat, gyno and weight training...

that being said
do cardio twice a week, NO MORE
weight train 4 days a week
and monitor/adjust your diet in accordance with your goals

youll be healthy, shred fat, and become a monster, if you do things properly.

Can you explain to me why two cardio sessions a week is the magic number?

And why "NO MORE"?

i apologize

i guess i shouldnt have said that
or shouldnt have said it like that

my opinion is

that more than 2 times a week is not necessary

i believe cardio is important to fat loss but not for the reasons most people use it

cardio is not a very effective method of burning calories
it does however have some other benefits.

such as, helping to cleanse the muscles, and supporting general circulatory health

2 times a week is not a magic number,
it is my recommendation...

some people can get away without doing any
and some do it daily...

Cardio is not an effective way of burning calories?

burning lean muscle mass...hmmmm CARDIO: to do or NOT to do?

burning lean muscle mass...hmmmm CARDIO: to do or NOT to do?

Cardio uses less energy from amino acids than weight training does, with the exception of endurance training (such as running a marathon).

Cardio uses less energy from amino acids than weight training does, with the exception of endurance training (such as running a marathon).

I'm just trying to stir the pot a little so don't be mad (which I am sure you aren't but just in case you were).

IML Gear Cream!
mmmm
i said "opinion"

and im positive i said "not a VERY effective method of burning calories"
i made sure of that before, and directly after posting that

lets not confuse what i actually said from what you thought i said

and i stand by my recommendations

although others may have better advice

mmmm
i said "opinion"

and im positive i said "not a VERY effective method of burning calories"
i made sure of that before, and directly after posting that

lets not confuse what i actually said from what you thought i said

Oh, well then I guess that changes everything.

So, what *is* a "very effective method of burning calories"?

I certainly don't want to "confuse" what you actually said with what I thought you said.

And I respect your opinion, it's just that your reasons for reaching that opinion don't make any sense.

With all do respect.

I say cardio your ass off if you so choose, and if you can take in the mac's to support it. Since most folks absolutely hate the idea of counting intakes, Goddess knows I do, I would say don't be surprised if you lose muscle and look flat while doing a ton of cardio.

But too much of anything is hard to support. Too much of any extreme action is uncomfortable. So I'd just as soon take a well rounded approach. Cut some calories, keep a moderate eye on my intake and do some non aggressive cardio. Either one to any extreme sucks for me and the physical extremes lead to physical problems. I say people need to realize that you can't do anything overnight. Dont expect to drop ten pounds in two weeks and keep muscle mass.

resistaance training burns more calories, and your body contiunes to burn calories for a long time afterwards...

im really not trying to argue this though... if something came across as rude i truely apologize...

i just think its easier to run a 200 calorie def, rather than do 200 calories worth of cardio every day...

daily cardio, or even bi-daily cardio, seems too much to me

btw this thread is in the diet and nutrition section

resistaance training burns more calories, and your body contiunes to burn calories for a long time afterwards...

im really not trying to argue this though... if something came across as rude i truely apologize...

i just think its easier to run a 200 calorie def, rather than do 200 calories worth of cardio every day...

daily cardio, or even bi-daily cardio, seems too much to me

That is totaly untrue.

Aerobic activity burns more calories than weight training, especially since a majority of time spent weight training is spent recovering between sets. (And you should review your information about exercise "after-burn" as it's associated with cardio [specifically high intensity cardio] more so than with other activities.)

I'm not pointing this out because I think you're rude.

It's just that your information is incorrect, in my "opinion".

And anyway, I didn't recommend daily or bi daily cardio. I also don't suggest a "ton" of cardio.

But your recommendation to do cardio "twice a week and NO MORE" is arbitrarily constructed and baseless.

You don't have to get defensive or apologetic.

less often than bi daily is twice weekly

i give up...

do cardio

Back