• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

CA judge rules that "early termination fees" by Cell Phone companies are illegal

Goodfella9783

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Anyone read about that? I'll try and find the article. Sprint had to reimburse customers a total of $18.2 million. Verizon 21 million. I think they're eventually going to try and make it universal in all 50 states so the legislation isn't all confusing.

California judge rules Sprint's early termination fees illegal | News - Wireless - CNET News

Next we gotta do something for them to rule that beer prices at sports stadiums/concert venues are unlawful compared to normal prices.

Fuck yeah! When these assholes like At&T buys a perfectly good company like cingular then destroys their customer service, I should be able to switch. AT&T has fucked my bill up repeatedly, and I refuse to spend another minute waiting on hold to straighten out their mistakes.

Now I just don't pay my bill, and wait for them to call me, then I get my bill fixed.

On the other hand, I did sign a contract for 2 years, and I do feel that I should honer the contract. But then I think that their service is not acceptable, they are breaking the contract.

About 5-6 years back, I had Cingular. Used them for about a year and a half and to break the 2 year contract I had to pay a little over 300.00. IMO It would have been more reasonable to only have to pay the remainder of months I had left on my contract times the monthly rate which was around 30 bucks. But it was worth it I guess because Nextel used to be awesome around here for service. Everyone had push to talk and the phone service was great.

Freedom of contract goes right out the window.

So you knowingly enter a contract to get a free $300 phone and then are pissed when they want the money back if you terminate the contract early. Boo Hoo!

So you knowingly enter a contract to get a free $300 phone and then are pissed when they want the money back if you terminate the contract early. Boo Hoo!
That's not always the case.

Let's take, for example, a situation where you modify your current contract. Let's say you increase your minutes, or add a data package. Service providers will start a NEW 2-year contract based off of the date you changed your service package.

Now... if your service goes to shit and you want to drop them, they STILL charge you for the 2-year service plus penalties and whatever additional charges they feel inclined to hammer you with.

:pissed:

Most of them pro-rate the fee now....

Now... if your service goes to shit and you want to drop them, they STILL charge you for the 2-year service plus penalties and whatever additional charges they feel inclined to hammer you with.

:pissed:

Now see, this is my argument also.

Back