• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Most amount of muscle you've gained in shortest time??

clemson357

Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I am going to try to gain 14 pounds of muscle by February. I am going to a old friends wedding in Mexico. I've been hovering around 191 for 6 months or more, but I've only been working out 2 days a week at most. I haven't been doing any of the more intense exercises like squat or deadlift. I think if I started working out 4 days a week, eating protein, and doing squat and deadlift, I could do it. Pretty much I'd be trying to gain weight in every body part except chest.

That's not going to be without significant fat gain, assuming you have average genetics and that you're intermediate/advanced.

2 pounds of lean mass a month is great progress for the average Joe.

I gained almost 45 pounds of lean mass in my first year of training though.

Anyway, good luck man. Do you have a program set up yet?

I think it's absolutely possible given that you haven't been performing a prototypical bodybuilding routine.

That's not going to be without significant fat gain, assuming you have average genetics and that you're intermediate/advanced.

2 pounds of lean mass a month is great progress for the average Joe.

I gained almost 45 pounds of lean mass in my first year of training though.

Anyway, good luck man. Do you have a program set up yet?

I agree. 2 pounds of lean muscle a month is the norm, you should expect to gain some fat along with this plan. I still say go for it and keep us updated, try starting a journal.

I used to be more of a hard gainer when I was under 20. Now it seems I gain easier. I really think I will be able to do this, the question is will I be able to keep the fat down.

I did deadlift for the first time in about a year this morning.

Deadlifting for the first time in a while?

How are those hammies? Better yet, your back?

1 word: Eccentrics

My neighbors are eccentrics. One owns 15 cats.

I used to be more of a hard gainer when I was under 20. Now it seems I gain easier. I really think I will be able to do this, the question is will I be able to keep the fat down.

I did deadlift for the first time in about a year this morning.

Keep a strict diet and count your cals. Drink lots of water.

I'd say bulk for 4.5 months and then lean out for the rest of the time. If you were ever 205-210 lean before you may gain a bit faster...at least thats what I've observed in myself. I got up to 205 and then stopped for a while and slowly went to 185, then when I started up again it didn't take much time at all(about 6 months) to gain again....good luck

He means focus on negatives.

Example: 5-1-1 (5 count down, 1 count pause, 1 count up) if you were doing a squat.

I realize what they are. I want to know how he should perform the eccentrics to increase hypertrophy. What sort of rep tempo he should do.

You can do it.... just be careful with what you eat or drink there.

You should ask a Mod to switch this over to the Training section, you'll get more exposure there...it does seem like you already did though.

I realize what they are. I want to know how he should perform the eccentrics to increase hypertrophy. What sort of rep tempo he should do.
Look into OVT - Optimzed Volume Training thats what helped me gain the most...

Ya know, I get asked from time to time how long it took me to get where I am at or when did I end up seeing muscles growing. Honestly...I dont know.

What I did was simple.. I took a bench, got a base line max, and tried to beat it. I did the same thing for other lifts, even curls :eek2: Next thing I knew, I looked in the mirror, prolly in frustration of a failed max attempt and noticed that I was 175lbs.

Utilize them. Personally, I do 5 second eccentric, explosive concentric for around 5 reps. Just slowly introduce them. Christian Thibadeau's Modern Methods of Strength Training goes over everything you would need to know.

Utilize them. Personally, I do 5 second eccentric, explosive concentric for around 5 reps. Just slowly introduce them. Christian Thibadeau's Modern Methods of Strength Training goes over everything you would need to know.
Thats the OVT guy, not only were the results great but the routine is fun...

I'm already up to 198. But I weighed myself after I ate, so maybe 196 or so. I think I may try to get up to 200, then cut a little, then move up to 205 so that my body fat never gets too high.

Back