• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Does anyone Crossfit here?

Double D

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I have been on this board for a while and know most of you guys. As far as I know no one on here does any sort of Crossfit. Just wondering if any of you have heard of it or even tried it....? I've been doing it for the past 7 months and I am in the best shape of my life.

Welcome to CrossFit: Forging Elite Fitness

Only person I've seen doing crossfit on here is Doublebase

Well its definitely nothing easy......

i think i saw a youtube vid of some crossfit chick doing like 100 kipping pull ups in one set

not an easy task by any means

some of the crossfit people are pretty incredible

I tried one of there workouts at the gym awhile ago during the summer.

It was something like...... Perform 10 thrusters with 65lbs then 10 pullups in rounds for 20 minutes without stopping. That was a pretty horrible workout :scared:

not easy does not mean that it is good.

it is not easy.....a lot of it is also not smart.

just because someone makes you tired doesn't mean that they can make you better.

it has some ideas that i think are okay, but they go about it in dangerous ways at times in my opinion.

Oh well I dont disagree......but at the same time I do. I know you hate Crossfit.....but at the same time it is something you ought to try. Whenever it comes to something like clean and jerk for time its a bit much but I still do it. Its not for a rookie, but then again am I a rookie......? Crossfit is fun! Theres nothing I can do that is equal to this......I have tried many other workouts, but none are the same.........

Oh well I dont disagree......but at the same time I do. I know you hate Crossfit.....but at the same time it is something you ought to try. Whenever it comes to something like clean and jerk for time its a bit much but I still do it. Its not for a rookie, but then again am I a rookie......? Crossfit is fun! Theres nothing I can do that is equal to this......I have tried many other workouts, but none are the same.........

Ive had the same experience, nothing comes close to this shit, it is the real deal. I bodybuild on days off.
safety comes down to the athlete, if you train smart you can find your physical limits...all of them, if you are too worried or lazy to try then well...its okay to be a pussy.

Nothing is ever as good as creating something for yourself IMO.

IML Gear Cream!
Well what are you going to create that is going to be equal top this? Are you really going to do something that is going to be harder than this?

Harder than what?

They use tabata in crossfits......

Besides that they are just fun.

Nothing is ever as good as creating something for yourself IMO.

yea, that too....just download the workout of the day! it is fine for everyone...doesn't matter who you are.....so much for individuality.

I am all for working hard and pushing yourself.

I am not for working stupid.

Alright, tell me how I am working out stupid? :)

I would imagine 30 rep sets of Clean and Jerks aren't the safest thing in the world. I cringe every time I see someone at my gym do 1 rep let alone 30. I can't imagine how much form breaks down for most when they become that fatigued.

I do agree with that. I said that once I read it. I dont go crazy with things like that like alot of people do. However, I have one of my trainers check my form the entire time. If I start, "muscling" it up I rest. But I do agree with that, the clean and jerk isnt the best idea.

yea, that too....just download the workout of the day! it is fine for everyone...doesn't matter who you are.....so much for individuality.

I am all for working hard and pushing yourself.

I am not for working stupid.

the WOD is for everyone. Each and every workout can be scaled to the individual. Grandmas do crossfit. Change load and intensity, not programs.

it doesnt matter who you are, human function is human function.

I would imagine 30 rep sets of Clean and Jerks aren't the safest thing in the world. I cringe every time I see someone at my gym do 1 rep let alone 30. I can't imagine how much form breaks down for most when they become that fatigued.

actually, form should improve as you fatigue. The poorer the form the faster you'll burn.
I love 135lb clean and jerk - 30 reps for time. I would not say my form is 100% but for sure at least 80-90%

Wanna explain the science behind that one? :confused:

pick a heavy BB off the ground and try to "muscle" it overhead a few times, using a curl or whatever, you'll be toasted after a few.
cleaning and jerking when done properly are very efficient movements. the better your form is, the less energy you'll exert.
this efficiency can only truly be appreciated if you master the clean and jerk and likewise the snatch.

pick a heavy BB off the ground and try to "muscle" it overhead a few times, using a curl or whatever, you'll be toasted after a few.
cleaning and jerking when done properly are very efficient movements. the better your form is, the less energy you'll exert.
this efficiency can only truly be appreciated if you master the clean and jerk and likewise the snatch.

And the more fatigued you become, the more difficult it becomes to maintain said form. My original point was that a very select few perform the movement properly in the first place. Add a heavy dose of fatigue in there and you have a recipe for serious injury.

And the more fatigued you become, the more difficult it becomes to maintain said form. My original point was that a very select few perform the movement properly in the first place. Add a heavy dose of fatigue in there and you have a recipe for serious injury.

the same goes for any exercise, why is everyone so afraid of clean and jerks for reps? because there are people that do it wrong?
this is one of the greatest exercises on earth, it should be a staple for all athletes. It should be promoted, not insulted.

the WOD is for everyone. Each and every workout can be scaled to the individual. Grandmas do crossfit. Change load and intensity, not programs.

it doesnt matter who you are, human function is human function.

Some exercises aren't for everyone. There aren't magic programs that are for everyone. Crossfit isn't some divine messianic program that is great for everyone. People do have structural, neurological and muscular problems that prohibit them from doing alot of things.

What the fuck, seriously, do you disregard all the science that has been done on program design and how to cater to specific individuals, is that now obsolete?

So you like Crossfit, so what. Not everyone in the world has the same goals that cross fit will apply to.

By the way, I think you sound like a crazy person. Form gets better with fatigue? No, it doesn't.

Some exercises aren't for everyone. There aren't magic programs that are for everyone. Crossfit isn't some divine messianic program that is great for everyone. People do have structural, neurological and muscular problems that prohibit them from doing alot of things.

What the fuck, seriously, do you disregard all the science that has been done on program design and how to cater to specific individuals, is that now obsolete?

So you like Crossfit, so what. Not everyone in the world has the same goals that cross fit will apply to.

By the way, I think you sound like a crazy person. Form gets better with fatigue? No, it doesn't.

you're right, Im generalizing, obviously if your specializing in a sport, or rehabilitating, training is geared toward that.

each workout can be scaled or modified to the individual.
Fitness is for everyone, period.

it's not magic, just fundamental, thorough, and random.

actually, form should improve as you fatigue. The poorer the form the faster you'll burn.
I love 135lb clean and jerk - 30 reps for time. I would not say my form is 100% but for sure at least 80-90%

form should get better with fatigue. this is the goal of the athlete and the reason for workouts like this. If the rep is ugly and unsafe dont count it.
Work vs time, efficiency.

Forcing an athlete to try to learn form through fatigue is ridiculous and unsafe. Why not spend the to time actually teach them the movement before you have them train to or near failure.

Just because they SHOULD use better form to accomplish the lift during fatigue doesn't mean that they will.

Have you ever stepped into a gym and seen people train near failure and see their form get worse and worse until it is hard to look? They aren't thinking "gee, if I was more efficient in my form I could be expending less energy to accomplish this exericse".

Usually people have the motor pattern internalized or they don't. Your neurologic adpations to the movement don't just "kick in" once you get tired.

you're right, Im generalizing, obviously if your specializing in a sport, or rehabilitating, training is geared toward that.

each workout can be scaled or modified to the individual.
Fitness is for everyone, period.

it's not magic, just fundamental, thorough, and random.

Sure fitness is for every, and so are goals, and people have very different kind of goals. They also have different bodies. If every workout can be modified for everyone, it isn't a program, it is more of a philosophy.

Back