• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Walking on incline or Running?

TrojanMan60563

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
If the goal is to improve cardio capacity and general heart health is there a benefit to a run vs walk up an incline? I realize the heart rate gets going just as fast walking up the hill but does it benefit your heart and circulation just the same?

Anyone even have an opinion on this? I assumed by now someone would have replied to me.

I guess I really don't understand what you are asking.

I have looked at the question a few times and I really want to reply to you, but I am not quite sure what you want to know.

I mean, walking or running will help increase your cardiovascular capacity. Obviously, walking on an incline will be a greater stress than walking on a flat surface.

Both walking on an incline and running will help you develop your aerobic capacity. I don't think there is a benefit of one over the other besides the fact that you will eventually adapt and need to find a way to create a proper stimulus in order to progress. If the heart rate goes up, it doesn't matter what you are doing....the cardiovascular system is working to accomodate that work rate.

I guess I really don't understand what you are asking.

I have looked at the question a few times and I really want to reply to you, but I am not quite sure what you want to know.

I mean, walking or running will help increase your cardiovascular capacity. Obviously, walking on an incline will be a greater stress than walking on a flat surface.

Both walking on an incline and running will help you develop your aerobic capacity. I don't think there is a benefit of one over the other besides the fact that you will eventually adapt and need to find a way to create a proper stimulus in order to progress. If the heart rate goes up, it doesn't matter what you are doing....the cardiovascular system is working to accommodate that work rate.

You sure have a way with words. :daydream:

My question put blunt is if I walk up an incline and get my heart rate up to 150....is that any less of a benefit to my cardiovascular system then running at a fast pace flat and getting up to 150?

I ask because I don't like running and it doesn't like me so I can never seem to push myself running so I walk inclines to get in my cardio. I am just curious if I benefit less because I am not running.

If you get your heart rate to 150 and that happens to be a heart rate that is moderately difficult and in the rage of the adaptation that you seek, then it doesn't matter if you are:

walking on an incline
running
rowing
elliptical
bike
fucking

you heart rate is still 150.

Incline walking (or running, but I don't jog) is great for building heart stroke because you're making the heart pump through a flexed glute muscle. That's why runners use "hill repeats" - they bring up work capacity like STINK.

I wrote about 'em in my cardio article: Got Built? » How to do Cardio if you MUST!

Incline walking (or running, but I don't jog) is great for building heart stroke because you're making the heart pump through a flexed glute muscle. That's why runners use "hill repeats" - they bring up work capacity like STINK.

I wrote about 'em in my cardio article: Got Built? � How to do Cardio if you MUST!

I am not a runner :) .... for sure not running inclines anytime soon. I just want to make sure my heart is getting the same benefit from the incline walks as I would from running.

I don't do hill-repeats all year - but I do them once a week for a month or so a few times a year. Try 'em - it's like resistance-training for your heart!

Back