• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Pulled hamstring

mphines1

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
While in the mist of cutting weight, I pulled my hamstring. That was about two weeks ago and I have been sidelined from cardio completely. I no longer feel pain when I walk, however, i still feel a twinge when i overexert myself or overstretch. I lift at least 5-6 times a week, but just double up on muscle groups throughout the week since i can't do legs. Any advice on cardio that's light on the hamstring muscle or rehabiliting it in general? How many weeks would you recommend before i start running again?

I would get cleared by a doctor before doing any training. Just because your not directly stimulating the hamstring doesnt mean it isn't being used in other lifts. Everything is connected to everything

In the mean time, RICE it. (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation)

I'm now officially in the same boat. Like a fucking retard I was so focused on the lift that I wasn't paying attention to the signs my leg was giving out. Hamstring went like a rubberband.

Think I should go see a doc tomorrow or start with RICE and see if it gets any better?

What exactly happens when you pull a hamstring?

I cant think of it without thinking one would need surgery.

I don't know what happens, but I can tell you what it felt like. There wasn't any pain initially at all, it was more of a weird feeling in the back of my leg - kind of like it was scrunching up. I knew it was bad from that, but when I saw the looks on some of the guys on the racks around me I knew I was utterly fucked.

RICE ain't going to do shit 2 weeks post! You are already past the acute phase.

I would seek out soft tissue work to break apart the adhesions that form after pulling a muscle. You need to re-align collagen fibers, get the fascia more solute like and begin to restore proper length and quality to the tissue.

RICE ain't going to do shit 2 weeks post! You are already past the acute phase.

I would seek out soft tissue work to break apart the adhesions that form after pulling a muscle. You need to re-align collagen fibers, get the fascia more solute like and begin to restore proper length and quality to the tissue.

Uh yea. Judging by that post, I'm going to get my ass to a doctor as soon as I'm able to drive (I drive stick so my left leg needs to at least be able to handle clutching).

Uh yea. Judging by that post, I'm going to get my ass to a doctor as soon as I'm able to drive (I drive stick so my left leg needs to at least be able to handle clutching).

tough it out. :yell:

tough it out. :yell:

I probably will. One of the great things about never ever taking aspirin/advil is that when I actually do need it the stuff works like freaking morphine. I took some and besides not really being able to lift my leg that high I don't feel a thing.

IML Gear Cream!
What should I think people mean when they say they pulled a muscle? Is it sprained, ripped and bunched up like a knot or what?? Is it like pulled pork??? Because pulled pork is a REALLY GOOD.

I probably will. One of the great things about never ever taking aspirin/advil is that when I actually do need it the stuff works like freaking morphine. I took some and besides not really being able to lift my leg that high I don't feel a thing.

Oh, i didn't realize that you pulled yours too! I was replying to the original poster with my initial post.

How long ago did you pull yours?

Did you get (or are you) black and blue?

What should I think people mean when they say they pulled a muscle? Is it sprained, ripped and bunched up like a knot or what?? Is it like pulled pork??? Because pulled pork is a REALLY GOOD.

A sprain is a tearing injury which happens in a ligament.

A strain is a tearing injury which happens in a muscle or tendon.

A muscle pull means that they sustained some sort of tearing type of a trauma to the tissue (strain). The muscle will respond by llying down all sorts of thicker, more fibrotic tissue, in a response to create more stability/strength in the area of the pull (this is scar tissue). This is if the pull happens in the belley of the muscle. If it happens at the tendon (for example a biceps tear), the tendon can rip away completely off the bone (my best description would be, it will roll up like a set of blinds on a window) and will require surgery (depending on the level of tear that has happened).

When I pulled it, I was running and it just popped and I could barely walk. It hurt like hell! It never bruised up though, so I am figuring it was a pull rather than a tear. Also, I feel fine now (2 weeks later) when I walk, and i feel like i can run, but i know otherwise. Whenever i move to quickly, i feel a slight twinge, like if i kept doing that it'd pop again.

I doubt im gonna see a doctor, unless its not better in a few weeks, but it is driving me nuts since i can run or do any cardio. I play soccer and softball a few times a week and sitting on the sideline or bench is frustrating. Any advice on when i should return to that or just cardio in general.

Oh, i didn't realize that you pulled yours too! I was replying to the original poster with my initial post.

How long ago did you pull yours?

Did you get (or are you) black and blue?

Pulled it last night actually, and as far as I know I'm not black and blue (don't see anything). I'm also actually able to walk around today which I was barely able to do last night.

Just got an appt at a PT for 2:00. Guess I'll find out how bad or not bad it is then.

Last edited:
A sprain is a tearing injury which happens in a ligament.

A strain is a tearing injury which happens in a muscle or tendon.

A muscle pull means that they sustained some sort of tearing type of a trauma to the tissue (strain). The muscle will respond by llying down all sorts of thicker, more fibrotic tissue, in a response to create more stability/strength in the area of the pull (this is scar tissue). This is if the pull happens in the belley of the muscle. If it happens at the tendon (for example a biceps tear), the tendon can rip away completely off the bone (my best description would be, it will roll up like a set of blinds on a window) and will require surgery (depending on the level of tear that has happened).

:)Thanks

So how does that work? If I pull an amount of muscle are those muscle cells out of my life for good and just scare tissue? Seems that that must be true.... :hmmm:

bump

....and if I had pulled a muscle on my left side sometime in life... would it be more tight and harder to get a good stretch on that side forever because of scar tissue??

bump

....and if I had pulled a muscle on my left side sometime in life... would it be more tight and harder to get a good stretch on that side forever because of scar tissue??

I doubt that's true, but you might have to work at it. I'm sure every athlete has pulled a muscle at some point but you don't see them being stiff and rigid, they move very fluidly and dynamically.

As for my pulled hamstring I've had some minor massage done on it, light stretches, ice, some kind of electo therapy thing, and stability work. The weirdest thing was doing bodyweight squats and calf raises on this vibrating platform, that was a WTF moment.

It feels a lot better than it did two days ago, it's more like serious DOMS now. Still very stiff and sore though, but I can walk semi-normally unlike even yesterday.

I doubt that's true, but you might have to work at it. I'm sure every athlete has pulled a muscle at some point but you don't see them being stiff and rigid, they move very fluidly and dynamically.

I'm talking symmetry here. That's one side compared to the other in a single human. I'm not talking about how much I could beat you by in a race for example. That would be numbers and easy to see.

IML Gear Cream!
if you have a pulled muscle on one side, you need to do somethign to break up the scar tissue (IE, soft tissue work) if you want to restore proper length/function.

Back