• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

building muscle losing fat question

JAja04

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi,

I currently weigh 220lb at approximately 20%body fat. Though i'm still trying to get to my mass goal I would like to get my bodyfat to around 10%. Currently i eat 3400 calories a day. I do cardio 3 times a week for 30min. and lift 3 days a week. I guess my real question is can i lower my calories to say 3000 and still be working towards my goals?

Thanks in advance
Jay

Its nigh on impossible to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time.

To lose fat you need to be in a caloric deficit (using more than you take in) so that your body uses up its energy stores, and to put on muscle you need to be in a caloric surplus (taking in more than you use) in order to have energy left over to synthesize new tissue.

Obviously you cant do both at once, so you'll just have to pick one, then do the other later on im afraid.

Further complicating matters is the fact that you partition worse and worse the plumper you get - but you'll also partition very badly if you increase calories by too much when coming off a cut.

Shit's complicated, hey? ;)

Further complicating matters is the fact that you partition worse and worse the plumper you get - but you'll also partition very badly if you increase calories by too much when coming off a cut.

Shit's complicated, hey? ;)

Far too complicated.

Post Prandial Thermogenesis for the win, though ;)

(Eat more meals, people!)

i feel very dumb right now.......:confused:

please explain?

The fatter you get, the more your calories go toward storing fat and the less they go toward growing muscle.

Also, as you transition from dieting to bulking, your body's initial response is to immediately store fat, yanno, so you survive the next "famine"...

The more I read your posts Built, the more I realize I will NEVER really look the way I want to. LOL!

This whole "getting lean" trend only recently started becoming popular at the turn of the century. Remember; for almost a million years, primitive mans survival COUNTED on us storing alllll the food that we eat as fat, for survival. This was further enhanced by when we ate less food, and not as frequently.

You dont see many Polar Bears or Lions on diets, and yet mankind, in our infinite wisdom and growing intelligence, now find it EASIER to mate when you are fit, low bodyfat, and have abs and a tight ass.

Back in the day the fattest and strongest men got all the girls lol. How things change.... John Goodman and Chris Farley would have been studs, while Brad Pitt and Johnny depp were huddling in a cave, dying slowly from starvation.

Ive always wondered if increasing testosterone levels can help with doing both at the same time because it is the best hormone for increasing muscle and losing fat. Is it possible?

Back