• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Rant....

camarosuper6

Unstoppable Force
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
If you are having problems getting bigger, please do not assume it is a problem with your routine or pre-workout drink. Good rule of thumb... however big you would like to become... and in 10-15 pound increased increments...eat as if you WERE that heavier person, starting with protein.

If you arent getting at MINIMUM 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight, then re-evaluate your diet. (if gaining mass is your goal). Personally, I feel 1.5 grams - 2 grams is far, far better.

For the love of God.... please do not tell me that you dont want to get TOO big or buff. Trust me, if you say that.. you dont have the determination to do so anyways. (as if getting huge is just some routine you can put together)

12 sets of any single exercise is retarded.

Volume training works with less than one percent of people.

Mike Mentzer has some great ideas, but working out every 14 days is definitely not one of them.

If you want to get big, it is better to err on the side of being too fat, than too lean.

Once you get over 315 on the bench, its not worth it to keep as an exercise unless you are powerlifting.

NO Explode, and all its look-a-likes are a joke to serious bodybuilders, who are not under contract by that company.

Buying in bulk makes saves you TONS of money.

Creatine is healthy for virtually everyone.

Workout programs in magazines are 99.99 percent garbage.

Wearing deodorant at the gym = win.

"It works for me" is not an acceptable defense for why you have three arm days.

Just because you do cardio doesnt mean you shouldnt do legs.

For the love of god MAKE the time to train. We're all busy, yet somehow most people manage to get 5 hours of TV in a day at least.

If you say "getting swole" one more time, im going to make you eat this barbell.

No the "burn" is not better than sex. Sex is useful, and if your cock burns like that you're doing it wrong, brother.

Ok ....ok.....

I look like this because I actually have a clue what I'm doing while I'm in here and at home

Don't wonder why you're not seeing results when you come in and do 20 minutes of a stepper machine while reading Cosmo or Golf digest and laughing to your friend beside you about the show on the t.v. up in front of you.

DO NOT lay on your back, on the floor, hold 135 extended over your head and do leg lifts....halfway out of the squat rack you douche nozzle.

You look like a moron every time you run back to your back to look at that shit routine you're reading out of a mag that promises to add 30 lbs to your bench this month while increasing your sexual prowess and pheromone signatures.

For christ's sake, if you look like chewbacca and sweat like Michael Jackson at a nursery, bring a towel for fucks sake!

You gained five pounds of muscle this month from the whey you got at the vitamin shoppe? Really?

No (insert your favorite here) won't help you lose your goddam pouch!

You look and feel like shit because you workout like a meth addict everday for 2 hours.

Please don't do that in the smith machine!

Swaying and leaning barbell curls with 135 in the squat rack you moron?

....Oh well that's probably because you heavy bench three times a week....

Geez I don't know how much I friggin bench!

Tell your 12 year old daughter thats going on 25 not to wear those shorts if you don't want ....nevermind.

Smith squats are not squats.

Lat pulldowns are not pullups.

The "Lat" in pulldowns doesnt stand for "lateral", you fucking plum.

You look like a moron every time you run back to your back to look at that shit routine you're reading out of a mag that promises to add 30 lbs to your bench this month while increasing your sexual prowess and pheromone signatures.

Dammit...."back to your BAG" is what I meant.

I love this thread. Come on people!!!! More ranting!

Put down the 2 lb dumbells that you forearm curl with while standing one legged balancing on a f'ing bosu ball in front of the mirror thus blocking my path and view of the 125 lb dumbells that i need to do incline db presses. Save your money, stay home and curl cans of Campbells Tomato soup and get the fuck out of my space!!

ok i'll bite

If you are going to use the ONLY squat machine in the gym DON'T TAKE 5 MINUTE BREAKS BETWEEN SETS

No I am not on steroids, I have a solid diet

No I will not take your phone number, then go home and design a workout routine for you (unless you are a sexy female)

Actually, I do not even DO a bench press so stop asking me how much I bench

Why do I do pull ups with towels instead of holding the bar? Clearly to increase my masturbation techniques (sarcasm....)

No fat girl, I do not have any idea how much time you should spend on the elliptical.

Go ahead nd do your static stretching before you lift, I don't feel like explaining to you why I do dynamic stretching.

The list could go on haha

But on another note, I would like to say I still love NOxplode/Superpump250. Stuff pumps me up before the gym. I don't think it has much if any effect on my physical appearance but it tastes good and makes me want to work my ass off more then when I don't drink it...

Also, If I feel like a meth addict when I DON'T overwork. My body enjoys being overworked even if it does inhibit my muscle growth, it makes me feeeeel soooooo good haha

lol wow, my gym doesn't seem to have any of the annoying types you guys mentioned. No one even talks to each other unless they are friends! It's pretty sweet, but sometimes I want to ask advice and am too intimidated because of what you guys all say about people who ask you stuff.

lol wow, my gym doesn't seem to have any of the annoying types you guys mentioned. No one even talks to each other unless they are friends! It's pretty sweet, but sometimes I want to ask advice and am too intimidated because of what you guys all say about people who ask you stuff.

don't be intimidated, ask.
however, do not ask in the middle of a set...
and once you ask, take the damned advice.
The single thing that pissed me off the most back when I trained at a gym was a person asking my advice, listening to my explanation, then immediately going back to what they were doing anyway :pissed:

example:
there was a guy trying to do dips on the frikkin roman chair bench. He had about 1.5 inch of ROM going... obviously he was stuggling and it looked ridiculous. He asked me about dips... I took him over to the dip bars and even showed him how to do it, then hung out and watched his first few attempts (it wasn't going well for him). I walked over to get a drink of water and on my way back I see the jack ass back on the damned roman chair trying to do dips! ...from that point on I was a sarcastic prick to him.
It was strange though, because he apparently thought I was his buddy or something. He would make it a point to say hello to me every time he came in. Heh, one day I ran into him in the locker room before my workout, and he just started talking " Yeah, I think I'm just gonna take it easy on the weights today, maybe put in some cardio. Thirsty Thursday last night ya know?"
I just looked him straight in the eyes and said " I don't care man, you don't have to justify to me why you want to be a pussy." and walked out of the locker room.

IML Gear Cream!
only thing that bothers me and truly just erks me. dont be a freakin dick. if you are taking a damn two minute rest break let my jump in. i will unload the bar for ya. that and rack your freaking weights.

was in the gym today, waiting on the leg press. two old guys (middle forties - sorry thats old to me) had racked up 250kg and were attempting a few reps. their ROM was about a foot, and they screamed and shouted through the entire set, then slammed the weights back onto the rack when they were finished, looking pretty pround of themselves. now i dont normally have a problem with people fucking about in the gym, its their time their wasting not mine. but this was at 8:40, and the gym shuts at 9. after the third set of screaming and fucking around i couldnt stand it anymore, and recommended that they head over to the squat rack, as its a better leg exercise. they took the bait and left the machine free (but sweaty!!) for me and my buddy to finish our workout.

this is where it gets good, the two idiots must have thought that they could squat about as much as they were attempting to leg press, so they loaded the bar up with over 300lbs of weight, unracked it, staggered out and tried a rep. he must have moved about a foot when his legs bucked, his ass hit the deck and the bar slammed into the safety bars! i went over to lend a hand and see how he was, but after seeing that he was ok i did have a quiet giggle to myself.

^ :laugh:

Jeez.

But yeah, like Lucifuge said, never be intimidated to ask about anything, but when you ask for advice be prepared to hear things that probably contradict your current knowledge (hey, if you asked maybe your knowledge is wrong?) but some people cant accept that.

Its like they ask for advice to CONFIRM what they think is right, so then its no longer their fault why they cant gain any mass/strength or lose fat. Its just their genetics or something.

I always try to give advice or tips when people are having problems but its getting less and less all the time because people have been really shitty about it in the past.

Also, always double check what people say with some sort of research or article or another person's opinion.

only thing that bothers me and truly just erks me. dont be a freakin dick. if you are taking a damn two minute rest break let my jump in. i will unload the bar for ya. that and rack your freaking weights.

I tend to disagree with you on this one. Anything that requires someone else to either change rack positions or rack/unrack weight from the bar I'm using will not get to work in with me. I'm generally very focused when in the middle of a set and the last thing I want is some douche bag changing rack positions and weight in the middle of my set.

Now if you want to use the flat bench for DB's presses or the like no problem. Same for any machine I might be rarely using.

I tend to disagree with you on this one. Anything that requires someone else to either change rack positions or rack/unrack weight from the bar I'm using will not get to work in with me. I'm generally very focused when in the middle of a set and the last thing I want is some douche bag changing rack positions and weight in the middle of my set.

Now if you want to use the flat bench for DB's presses or the like no problem. Same for any machine I might be rarely using.

i am typicaly refering to squats with that sorry the statement ran together. if your going to be a few minutes let me jump in. i will take off the wieght i put on. all that good stuff. what i meant by rack your freaking wieghts is. dont leave your damn dumbells and plates in the middle of the floor. that shit makes me so mad. if you are not strong enough to put shit away when your done then dont lift that freaking much. now granted if you have a normal rest break then i can understand. who takes two freaking minutes in between sets thats just assenine.

90-120 seconds is my normal rest interval. :shrug: Sometimes longer when doing sets for power. The problem I have is, when I squat I have the rack set at my positions. I'm 6'4'' and generally go fairly heavy. For someone to work in with me would require them to change my rack positions and weight. this would take well over two minutes between changes on top of the fact that it would throw my rhythm off.

As for reracking the weight you use I agree.

90-120 seconds is my normal rest interval. :shrug: Sometimes longer when doing sets for power. The problem I have is, when I squat I have the rack set at my positions. I'm 6'4'' and generally go fairly heavy. For someone to work in with me would require them to change my rack positions and weight. this would take well over two minutes between changes on top of the fact that it would throw my rhythm off.

As for reracking the weight you use I agree.

fair enough didnt think much bout the rack position. sucks being over six foot doesnt it. your rest breaks are really that long? huh most guys i see that do that are slacking off lol. if youre really busting ass then i could understand it. i am talking bout the blue tooth junkies and all that. that and when it comes to my training rest whats that lol.:D

2 mins, too long?? Not for me..not when lifting heavy. VERY normal.

fair enough didnt think much bout the rack position. sucks being over six foot doesnt it. your rest breaks are really that long? huh most guys i see that do that are slacking off lol. if youre really busting ass then i could understand it. i am talking bout the blue tooth junkies and all that. that and when it comes to my training rest whats that lol.:D

No slacking here. I get in and get out. I workout alone and leave the phone in the car and the Ipod turned up.

If your squatting, dead lifting, or any other compound movement with the proper intensity I can't see how you could go less than 2 minute intervals.

When I do squats and deads I usually do 2-3 working sets at max intensity. If I tried to do another set after only a 30-60 second interval I'd fall flat on my face.

IML Gear Cream!
No slacking here. I get in and get out. I workout alone and leave the phone in the car and the Ipod turned up.

If your squatting, dead lifting, or any other compound movement with the proper intensity I can't see how you could go less than 2 minute intervals.

When I do squats and deads I usually do 2-3 working sets at max intensity. If I tried to do another set after only a 30-60 second interval I'd fall flat on my face.

Generally I feel the same way, however I do my very best to keep my rest times as low as possible so I am getting a slight cardio workout as well. I always workout with a buddy of mine though so I do a set, then he jumps right in then I jump right in ect. So it does not feel like there is a long rest time when in reality it is about 60-90 seconds.

That being said I still cannot stand people that take 2+ minute rests on a machine. Im sorry but other people need to use the damn squat rack too. If you want to take a 2 minute break fine but let me work in with you because I will be done before your darn 2 minute rest.

Why do you care about getting cardio while you lift, GOtriSports? What are your training goals?

Generally I feel the same way, however I do my very best to keep my rest times as low as possible so I am getting a slight cardio workout as well. I always workout with a buddy of mine though so I do a set, then he jumps right in then I jump right in ect. So it does not feel like there is a long rest time when in reality it is about 60-90 seconds.

That being said I still cannot stand people that take 2+ minute rests on a machine. Im sorry but other people need to use the damn squat rack too. If you want to take a 2 minute break fine but let me work in with you because I will be done before your darn 2 minute rest.

60 to 90 seconds is only 30 seconds away from 120 or 2 minutes. Some of us don't want a cardio workout with the iron, thats a totally different workout purpose and an automatic reduction in output. I routinely take 2 to 3 on heavy squats and deads and when I come out of a set I think most people would want to wait a little longer if you know what I mean. I know its a totally ego based thing but I get my feelings hurt when some dude is mean mugging me, then comes over right after I've finished to do half the weight with half the intensity and half the form.

If you want to squat with me, no problem. Of course that's as long you can handle the 315 on the bar and the rack set for my 6'4'' frame. :thumb:

60 to 90 seconds is only 30 seconds away from 120 or 2 minutes. Some of us don't want a cardio workout with the iron, thats a totally different workout purpose and an automatic reduction in output. I routinely take 2 to 3 on heavy squats and deads and when I come out of a set I think most people would want to wait a little longer if you know what I mean. I know its a totally ego based thing but I get my feelings hurt when some dude is mean mugging me, then comes over right after I've finished to do half the weight with half the intensity and half the form.

Agreed and well said!

Also, even with my 2-3 minute intervals I'm out of the rack in 10-15 minutes.

Of course I usually have to wait for the douche bag who's doing full body curls to get in there. If I can wait to use the rack for it's intended purpose then so can you!

If I am lifting at high intensity for working sets, and my high intensity is twice that of any other douche in my gym, I don't give a shit how long I take or if anyone is waiting. Because I know damn well, the guy waiting, and I have seen it too many times, gets in there and does something totally unproductive and half retarded. Lift right, lift well, lift productively or STFU is my motto for dudes waiting or mean mugging me.

Why do you care about getting cardio while you lift, GOtriSports? What are your training goals?

Well, first off I want to always have a low body fat percent. I am not sure why but it is very important to me to make sure I am as lean as can be. Also, I am in college and I often play sports with my friends. So when I go out to play some lacrosse, football, or frisbee I don't want to be the guy with bigger muscles than everyone else but who gets tired after 20 minutes of running. I care about my cardio ability.

Also, I guess I am just lucky when it comes to cardio because I enjoy it. Many people dread their cardio and try and find ways to skip it or avoid it but I truly look forward to cardio. I enjoy doing it and I enjoy going for runs. So just like lifting, I want to see improvement.

But if you do cardio while you lift, you won't be lifting optimally. I would think you'd have better success in reaching your goals if you limited your cardio and focused on short, intense, heavy workouts and careful diet.

Not saying not to do cardio, but don't use a shoe to pound a nail into a wall, know what I'm saying?

its easy but hard. think some thing like dc training. freaking intence. first month was hell. after a while you get a bit more used to the freaking legs giving out when your done.

But if you do cardio while you lift, you won't be lifting optimally. I would think you'd have better success in reaching your goals if you limited your cardio and focused on short, intense, heavy workouts and careful diet.

Not saying not to do cardio, but don't use a shoe to pound a nail into a wall, know what I'm saying?

I don't know how true that is for some of us - I'm going to try throwing cardio into the mix 2-3 days a week and see how it works out. I'm genetically inclined to be a fatass (goddamn endomorphic genes) so I have to diet my ass of just to maintain weight. I've never been able to drop to single digit BF on diet alone so far. I do remember reading something in Venuto's book about some body types just plain needing the cardio as an incentive to drop the fat.

Back