• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

After a workout , is milk ok in my shake?

NickB

Damn, so many new faces.
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
the best protein shake is milk + a nana + powder.... so thick and good :|

Is this not good if im trying to lose bf?

After workout that???s a good choice b/c of the fats and carbs. Your muscle are hungry and they will absorb whatever you put on that stomach so I don???t think it is going to make any difference weather you are trying to loose body fat. But them I???m just another newbie wait for the answer from an knowledgeable person???

I'm going to guess. More suggestable would be water rather than milk. Milk, IMO certainly makes it taste better but fuller. Let me pass this off to the experts!

I thought I just add two cents into this one

Milk makes it taste taste better, it's also thicker and more filling.

"Milk, IMO certainly makes it taste better but fuller."

I said that Nick. Just don't vomit anymore after drinking your shakes!

i know i was just re-iterating because im bored.

It was a plain water + protein shake.

i cant take 'em that way.

Mix it with water if possible. Dairy products are very hard for the stomach to process...therefore the protein will be broken down and absorbed faster if mixed with water rather than milk...

Originally posted by Cenox
Mix it with water if possible. Dairy products are very hard for the stomach to process...therefore the protein will be broken down and absorbed faster if mixed with water rather than milk...

Man the problem with Nick is that last time he did it with just water he threw it up!!!

Wierd, I haven't thrown up from a protein drink once yet. However, the most discusting stuff I've ever had is soy protein, wether flavored or not you can't cover up the taste it seems, that stuff was freaking horrible. I DARE you try it, although since nobody prefers soy as a protein source, I guess that wont happen :) Maybe they've improved it since then.

If you're trying to lose fat and that is your main goal, mix your protein w/ 3 tbsp heavy whipping cream and water...and for flavour blend a couple of frozen strawberries into it.

The cream will taste just as good as milk (better IMO) and has none of the sugar found in milk. Make sure its cream and not whipped cream the sugary dessert! It's in a carton w/ the milk... 35%.

IML Gear Cream!
MY GF and I were having a discussion on whipping creme and whipped creme. I've heard of it. I try to avoid dairy bc/ it makes me feel bloated temporarily. But you know, I'm going to give whipping creme a try and I 'll probably like it! :lick:

I tried exactly that last night w8. :barf::barf:

trying to lose weight = misery city.

Originally posted by NickB

Man then you gona have to get used to the taste of protein and water cuz I don???t think there is anything else you can do???

You made a strawberry cream protein smoothie and your barfing?

Man you gotta suck it up!

You better get use to it or else you're gonna get more miserable eating tuna, oatmeal and plain chicken breasts everyday when cutting. What brand of protein powder are you using? Most of them taste OK with water as long as it's finely blended. Just drink and you'll get use to it.

im using max muscle brand protein powder (maxpro)

Your not on the fast food diet are you?

Never tried that brand.

no... im starting on dr.pains cutting plan after i hit the grocery store.

for the past ... 2 weeks, ive jsut been eating low carbs, high protein

I just use milk. I dont think 12g of sugar is going to kill you, plus i could never choke down protein shakes with water.

IML Gear Cream!
I dont know what protein drinks you guys are on but I have no problem with water, I dont need it to taste like a fast food shake.

I have stuff that is milk/egg protein with NO flavoring, and it is drinkable, not delicious by any means, but it doesn't make me hurl either.

However, I will say again SOY is nasty in my experience with it years ago.

NickB,

Another option if you're not fond of protein shakes is to eat real food instead!! Steak, salmon, eggs, vegetables, cottage cheese, etc. There's no law that says if you're into BBing that you ever have to drink protein shakes. Especially when trying to lose bodyfat.

Real food is always better, IMO.

Nick
Are you sure you followed the directins for the shake because I love it. Its my FAVE. even my BF likes it. Use Designer Strawberry powder, 3 Tbsp Heavy whiipping creme, little water, lotta ice, and 5 strawberries. Blend on high until THICK.....It is real good, maybe you didn't blend it enough.

If that fails, perhaps like mamaboy said, have a mini meal instead. Protein powder is not as bad as FLAX!;)

dude you gotta decide your level of involvemnet here!! If yu want changes then you have to sacrafice. I am willing to bet that everyone on these boards at one time or another, has thougt that they could not eat one more can of tuna, or that terrible spoonfull of flax, but man it has to be done. Maybe try a differnt kind of powder, or something, but if you really want something then there is a time when you just suck it up and go for it...Good luck bro, and no more puking!!!

Back