• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Yankees sign Mark Teixeira

1. Johnny Damon, CF--lefty
2. Derek Jeter, SS--righty
3. Mark Teixeira, 1B--switch hitter
4. Alex Rodriguez, 3B---righty
5. Hideki Matsui, DH---lefty
6. Xavier Nady, RF----righty
7. Jorge Posada, C----switch hitter
8. Robinson Cano, 2B-----lefty
9. Nick Swisher, LF----switch hitter
SP: CC Sabathia----he can actually hit

Please don't sign Manny, please don't sign Manny.
66yqmh.jpg

I could see this signing coming from a MILE away.

Just like with A-Rod, the Sox drag their feet and the Yanks drop in and get it done.

It'll be interesting though...they still have to play the games. GO SOX!

Edit: This is a great move by the Yankees, btw. They get him, the Sox don't, and the Sox are left with nothing because they sure as hell can't sign Manny.

The way it's been going lately I thought Boston were sure bets to get him.

That lineup looks lethal. :nail:

We've had lethal lineups before.....it didn't get us the ring.

It's not a lethal as it looks.

Matsui looked old....

IML Gear Cream!
We've had lethal lineups before.....it didn't get us the ring.

It's not a lethal as it looks.

Matsui looked old....

Haha. He has always looked old to me.

Its not like you guys need another ring anyways.

Well if nothing else, this confirms our suspicion that Mark Teixeira is gay.

Pretty remarkable change from the report by the Washington Times at 10AM this morning that the Red Sox had agreed in principle to a deal with Teixeira.

Oh well though, it hurts the Red Sox more than it helps the Yankees.

The line-up that Min0 posted isn't one that fears me:

Teixeira and A-Rod are two sure things in that line-up and while they're both excellent players, the rest of the line up is uncharacteristically (for the Yankees) weak. Jeter isn't good. Matsui is coming back from a missed year. Xavier Nady is coming off a career year that he simply won't repeat. Posada can't catch. Cano is as inconsistent as they come, and Swisher (who I love) is pretty much the same.

Defensively speaking, the Yankees may have the worst line up ever assembled in the history of the game. Damon is a corpse in centerfield at this point in his career. Swisher isn't a plus outfielder. Cano and A-Rod were slightly below average infielders last year. Jeter is one of the worst defensive short stops in the game...

It'll be interesting to see how the Red Sox respond.

Go out and get one of the elite young catchers (Jarrod Saltalamacchia, TEX), sign Rocco Baldelli for fourth outfielder duties, go after pitching (Lowe, Smoltz, Peavy) and all will be fine.

Well if nothing else, this confirms our suspicion that Mark Teixeira is gay.

This and that he was playing the field and going to the highest bidder regardless of location, team success, and everything in-between.

Posada was supposed to switch over to first base next year, the signing changes things.

I don't think this is the end of changes here.

Who I won't miss leaving, Matsui, and Damon. I like Nady, watched him when he played with the Mets and I think he's for real.
They should have kept Abrui.

But for next year...

It obviously helps the Yankees because they're getting one of the best players in the game, but that team has to have a lot go their way to have the kind of year people think they'll have.

NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

lol!

It makes me happy to see you mad. :D

IML Gear Cream!
Tex - Wow!
Manny - No!

Hank is giving Girardi a boatload of talent. He better deliver a world series ring or he may be gone quickly.

Given that Burnett, Teixeira, and Sabathia were all Type A free agents, I don't think the Yankees are even able to sign Manny Ramirez.

Stupid Edes, he's sucked since he left the Globe.

I did hear they can but are no longer interested since they signed Tex.
I don't see him getting a haircut and moving over to the DH spot without crying.

It'll be interesting to see how the Manny drama unfolds.

By having Teixeira sign with the Yankees, it seems like Boras --who a year ago manipulated this guy into becoming the national embarrassment he's now known for-- has taken away the two highest revenue producing teams in the league.

The Dodgers are now in an excellent position to retain Manny's services for much less than they originally offered him earlier this winter.

Also, it'll be interesting to see where Jason Varitek ends up through all this.

Boras may have gotten Teixeira the egotistical deal he's coveted since entering the Major's, but he's significantly hurt his other two clients in the process.

Back