• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

New PR today

Ngordyn

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
lately i have been in a slump for my bench press lift, i was not able to get it past 175 for some reason and it was killing the effort i was putting into my workouts just cause of how i felt , today i blasted it so i decided to do 185 and that went up relatively easy so i think i will try again in 2 weeks time for 195 but now i feel so much better and my workout today was the best i've had in a long time.

Nice Job! Typically I only max on the bench once every 9 weeks. I'm currently using P/RR/S, see stickies. After a 9 week cycle I lift very light on the tenth week and at the end of that week I'll max on the bench to see where I'm at. I am always curious during the 9 week cycle and have to force myself to stay patient for the max test.

I've been back working out now for a number of months after a long hiatus for personal reasons. My previous PR on the bench is 310 and last night was my time to max. I pushed 275 reasonably easy, but needed a little help from my spotter on 285. I was very happy with this since I know I'm not quite back to where I was about a year ago.

I too have had weeks go by where it just feels like every weight you work with feels like a ton of bricks, but usually when I force myself through these workouts it's not long after that I surprise myself. Some of my very best workouts have occurred when I have had a poor night of sleep and I arrive to the gym feeling sapped of strength. Once I warm up and get started I've had unbelievable sessions where it feels like I'm super human. I live for those workouts!;)

Don't allow excitement to cause you to derail your program by attempting max sets too often. It is an easy thing to do when you see a gain. You always sem to want to see more and more on short notice.

Good work, stick to the program. Use weights that keep you in a 3-6 rep range for str work.

ya i use a powerlifting technique on my bench squat and dead lift

i do a 10 rep warm up with a light weight then i do a pyramid starting at 5 reps then 4 etc. but when i make the last set (1 rep) i will use it for 2 weeks then i will increase the pyramid weight by 5 pounds. it is good for strength but not for size , but i use the bench as a strength booster on all other workouts since it is a full body workout.

ya i use a powerlifting technique on my bench squat and dead lift

i do a 10 rep warm up with a light weight then i do a pyramid starting at 5 reps then 4 etc. but when i make the last set (1 rep) i will use it for 2 weeks then i will increase the pyramid weight by 5 pounds. it is good for strength but not for size , but i use the bench as a strength booster on all other workouts since it is a full body workout.

Not being a smart ass here, but are you saying that benching is a full body workout?

depends how you do it , most body builders concentrate one just the chest when they bench, when you do it for the powerlifting, you plant your feet and push through your feet, hips, and back along with the upper body , your elbows go at a 45 degree angle to your body so its using a little more chest , like arnold said when benching for bodybuilding , keep your arms out at 90 degrees with you body, it may not work to hard on the lower body but you do use it

Back