• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

may have over done it today?

Skib

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
heavy squats and heavy deadlifts... too much on the same day? started with squats then deadlifts... both 5x5 with a couple warm up sets for each... then did 3 sets of front squats at 8 reps each... felt good but am wondering if it's too much to do on one day...? i only did those 3 exercises, nothing else...

I felt like it might have been too much but am just wondering how others feel about it... i like to think i lift with good form and even so i still feel like i put some excess strain on my lower back...

ive never had a problem doing that i used to workout 3 days a week, benched 3 days, squats 2 days and deadlifts only 1 day , i think i did it Tuesday Friday Sunday , Tuesday being the day with all three

I do both same day but not both heavy same day. I alternate each week; heavy squat one week w/light deads, change it up the next.

yeah usually i don't go heavy on both on the same day... it was technically a deadlift day but since i was at my other gym that has a proper squat rack (don't even ask how i set up for squats at my usual gym lol) i thought i'd throw them in so i could really work on trying to get my weight up... probably not the best idea though as my back is feeling it today... good thing it's an off day and i'm not due for squats again until saturday...

heavy squats and heavy deadlifts... too much on the same day? started with squats then deadlifts... both 5x5 with a couple warm up sets for each... then did 3 sets of front squats at 8 reps each... felt good but am wondering if it's too much to do on one day...? i only did those 3 exercises, nothing else...
Depends how heavy "heavy" is, I guess. I can do this, but heavy for me isn't nearly as much as it is for the fellas.

Skib I said your signature yesterday to some buddies in the gym.
That and "nothin' but a peanut"

Did you follow that with a shrill scream of "Light weight!"?

Skib I said your signature yesterday to some buddies in the gym.
That and "nothin' but a peanut"

haha yeah i heard him say it in some video i watched on youtube of him front squatting some ridiculous amount of weight... it was hilarious...

Depends how heavy "heavy" is, I guess. I can do this, but heavy for me isn't nearly as much as it is for the fellas.

heavy as in pretty well the most amount of weight i can do for 5x5... i wouldn't say i injured myself but my lower back was sore last night and a bit today... it's starting to feel better now though... lesson learned...

IML Gear Cream!
I do them on separate days now.

I used to be able to do two workouts a day and would do squats morning and deadlifts afternoon.

who knows?
who gives a f***

the guy is an animal... reminds me of a gorilla...

Back