• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

2 teens accused of groping, spanking the elderly

Splash Log

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
ALBERT LEA, Minn. ??? Allegations that two young assistants groped, spanked and spat on several nursing home residents suffering from dementia have shaken members of this southern Minnesota community, including the lead prosecutor in the case.

Brianna Marie Broitzman and Ashton Michelle Larson, both 19, appeared in court Wednesday to face multiple charges over the alleged abuse at Good Samaritan Society. The young women did not enter pleas, and both were released on bail.

"I think that they are very serious charges," Freeborn County Attorney Craig Nelson said after the hearing. "We're dealing with people who are vulnerable adults. People who are clearly ... in need of our care and our concern and our monitoring. They depend on us for everything."

Nelson added: "I, as a member of this community, certainly can feel it in my bones."

Four younger aides were also charged earlier, with one pleading guilty and the others facing trials in Juvenile Court.

A criminal complaint alleges the abuse occurred over several months in early 2008. The complaint says in one case, Broitzman and Larson allegedly poked a woman in the breasts and laughed when she told them to stop.

The Associated Press does not routinely identify victims of sexual abuse.

The complaint said Larson admitted lying on a bed with another patient, hugging her, kissing her forehead and telling her she loved her. Witnesses said Larson also groped the woman in bed and played with the woman's wig to make her angry, the complaint said.

The allegations surfaced when a teenage nursing assistant told an administrator about alleged abuse during an exit interview, prosecutors said. Follow-up interviews by state investigators and police found that Broitzman and Larson "would talk and laugh about the incidents" with others, including young co-workers who were sometimes witnesses, according to the complaint.

Broitzman and Larson, who no longer work at the home, considered the abuse "something fun to do at work," the complaint said. The two were confident they wouldn't get caught because "residents did not have their minds," a co-worker told investigators.

Many of the patients suffered from Alzheimer's disease and other dementia.

Broitzman's attorney, Lawrence Maus, said in court: "Obviously she wants to challenge this complaint." Larson's attorney, Evan Larson, is also challenging the allegations against his client.

Both women, who were arraigned in separate, but similar hearings, left the courthouse without comment. Both attorneys declined to comment beyond what was said in court.

The case became public in August, when the Minnesota Department of Health released a detailed report, alleging that 15 patients at the home were subjected to abuse. Prosecutors brought charges involving seven of the 15.

l_5781f6fc7284347294355a9eeb1f9f29.jpg

Couldn't track down a photo of the other one, looks too good to do such fucked up shit.

Couldn't track down a photo of the other one, looks too good to do such fucked up shit.

Because hot girls are famous for having unshakable morals?

I hate news stories like this :(

What makes somebody think this is "fun"?

I used to work at nursing home almost two decades ago. While I was there, I saw many times people doing things that are against the law. But I was too afraid to report it to my boss, because people who violated the law were all favorite people of my boss and other higher level staffs. Favoritism was strongly practiced at that place. Sweet talker always gets easiest job and those who shuts up and suck it up always gets hardest job.:mad:

Man, that is just terrible... They're going to get old one day, and Karma will rear it's ugly head and pay them a visit, and hopefully be 10 times worse...

My grandmother is in the nursing home suffering from the later stages of alzheimer's. If I found out somebody was doing that to my grandmother, I don't know if I would be able to stop myself from fucking those people up.

Jesus, fuck Christ. What the hell is wrong with people?

It happens almost everyday. When I worked at nursing home, I found an old woman with dementia lying on the floor by her bed and asking for help. Later I found out that she had broken her hip. When I told my boss that she looked like trying to go to the bathroom, my boss told me to tell people that she was coming from the bathroom. I helped cover up the crime by following the order. :(

It happens almost everyday. When I worked at nursing home, I found an old woman with dementia lying on the floor by her bed and asking for help. Later I found out that she had broken her hip. When I told my boss that she looked like trying to go to the bathroom, my boss told me to tell people that she was coming from the bathroom. I helped cover up the crime by following the order. :(

That is different. Old people are old, and they are going to do stupid shit like fall down trying to get out of bed. Unless you have one nurse for every patient watching them 24/7, accidents are going to happen. I don't think nursing homes should be liable for every incident, and I can understand why your boss wanted to cover that up.

I'm pissed off the to tenth degree about those two dickwad kids spiting at and poking at the private parts of the elderly in their care.

My grandmother is in the nursing home suffering from the later stages of alzheimer's. If I found out somebody was doing that to my grandmother, I don't know if I would be able to stop myself from fucking those people up.

Jesus, fuck Christ. What the hell is wrong with people?

When my grandmother was in late stages if I found out something like this happened the culprit(s) would have their jaws wired shut, petite teenage girl or not.

IML Gear Cream!
It's not a crime that she got out of bed and fell. When I was watching my girlfriends grandfather at 88 years of age he would get into all kinds of trouble even thopguh he wasn't able to walk anymore. I found him on the ground one night so we bought rails to go around the bed, a few nights later I came into the room and he was dangling by his waist between the bars cause he wanted to get up and drink beer. So I used 6 rolls of tape and blocked every hole in the rails, he picked away several layers of tape and had his head through a hole the next morning. I finally wrapped rope around the rails. Short of strapping down his arms and legs we couldn't control him. Some nights he would shit his diaper and then pull the turds out and crap would be all over the bed and floor, he was able to pee in a bed urinal but for some reason he would end up pouring it out on the floor so the doctor put a catheter in him but he would yank that thing out. We had to end up putting mittens on his hands and taping his diapers around his waist to keep him from getting into trouble. When an elderly person has started going there is no controlling them, they are like little babies put with the strength and ability to get into serious problems. My GF and I spent as much time with him as we could but both of us had jobs so we had to sleep at some point, just as their are never enough nurses or aides to watch every old folk 24/7......

If that wasn't against the law, I wonder why my boss wanted me to cover it up...hhhmm..something doesn't look kosher to me.:thinking:

If that wasn't against the law, I wonder why my boss wanted me to cover it up...hhhmm..something doesn't look kosher to me.:thinking:

Maybe it wasn't against the law, but I think he was just trying to cover his own behind! Those homes are supposed to be vigilant & assist the very elderly and fragile patients at all times. Isn't that what they're paid for?

Bastards were just trying to skate, and not do their jobs...to the detriment of the elderly.:mad:

It was probably a statistic thing. Nursing homes are graded on factors like number of falls, ulcers etc. I'm sure it wasn't to stop anyone from getting in trouble because unless the patient is on one-to-one falls are going to happen and aren't considered negligence, but it then becomes a statistic which could affect budgets and such.

Back