• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Chiefs fire coach Edwards

min0 lee

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Chiefs fire coach Edwards - NFL - Yahoo! Sports
KANSAS CITY, MISSOURI (TICKER) ???Scott Pioli made his first major move as the new general manager of the Kansas City Chiefs, firing coach Herm Edwards on Friday.

The news of Edwards??? ouster had been expected since Pioli became the club???s GM last week.

???Since my arrival last week, Herm and I have had several conversations as part of my overall evaluation of the football operation,??? Pioli said. ???After careful consideration, (owner) Clark (Hunt) and I felt it was best to make a change.???

After guiding the Chiefs to the playoffs in his first season, Edwards went just 6-26 the last two campaigns. Kansas City???s 2-14 record this past season was the worst mark in franchise history.

Overall, Edwards went just 15-33 with the Chiefs.

???This was not an easy decision,??? Hunt said. ???Herm is an outstanding football coach and a man of integrity. We appreciate his leadership over the past three seasons, and we wish him all the best in the future.???

Edwards lost his biggest supporter when Carl Peterson resigned after 20 seasons at the helm.

The Chiefs lost 21 of their last 23 games overall under Edwards, who coached the New York Jets for five seasons prior to his stint in Kansas City. Edwards led the Jets to three playoff berths and owns just a 54-74 record overall.

???I would like to express my sincere gratitude to the Hunt Family for the opportunity to spend nine seasons with the Kansas City Chiefs,??? Edwards said.

???There is not a more gracious family in all of professional sports than the Hunts. To the players and coaches who worked so hard for our team, I appreciate their efforts. This is going to be a very good football team. I respect the tough decision that was made to move in a new direction. I wish the players and the organization the very best as they move forward.???

Edwards??? final season with the Chiefs was marred by the off-the-field troubles of running back Larry Johnson and an offense that had failed to have any consistency at quarterback.

There has been recent speculation that fired Denver Broncos coach Mike Shanahan and Arizona Cardinals offensive coordinator Todd Haley are candidates to replace Edwards. Haley can???t be hired until after the Cardinals face the Pittsburgh Steelers in Super Bowl XLIII on February 1.

Man all these great coaches getting shit canned. Not that edwards was but I mean Shanahan, Gruden.

Back