• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Will Obama have to be better because he is black?

ssia

• Total voters

clemson357

Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
There is no mention in this article about the opposite possibility: that he will get away or has gotten away with more because he is black. Of course that wouldn't be PC for cnn to suggest. What do you think?

Will Obama have to be better because he's black? - CNN.com

"Perhaps Obama will avoid those stomachaches because of the massive good will his election has generated. But that could change quickly if Obama makes a controversial decision or a mistake, says Andrew Rojecki, co-author of "The Black Image in the White Mind: Media and Race in America."
Rojecki says people who say Obama isn't going to be held to a different standard because of his skin color didn't pay attention to his campaign.
He says Obama had to deal with challenges that other candidates didn't have to face. Obama's run for office was almost ended by his association with his minister, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, whose incendiary sermons shocked many.
But Republican presidential nominee John McCain's relationship with the Rev. John Hagee, who was accused of anti-Semitism, never threatened to end his campaign, Rojecki says.
"Obama was held responsible for what his minister said, and McCain was associated with Hagee, but somehow that didn't stick," says Rojecki, a communication professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
Even people who regard themselves as the most progressive, open-minded supporters may subconsciously hold Obama to a different standard, Rojecki says.
He says several academic studies show that it often takes people longer to associate good qualities to blacks when different faces are flashed across a screen.
"They have these stereotypes buried in their subconscious," he says. "That's why people cross the street when they see a young black man. They'd rather not take a chance."
Obama virtually had to be perfect to overcome those stereotypes, Rojecki says. He was the first black editor of the Harvard Law Review, he has an Ivy League-educated wife and adorable daughters, and he ran a great campaign.
"He's the perfect symbol of achievement," Rojecki says.
White candidates for office don't have to have an uninterrupted life of achievement to be considered for the Oval Office, Rojecki says.
"If George W. Bush were black, do you think he would be president?" Rojecki says.
Jefferson, the Tuskegee Airman, says Obama should have at least one consolation. The problems he confronts now are so immense that anyone, even someone who was considered by many to be perfect, would not be able to escape withering judgment.
"If the president was Jesus Christ, '' Jefferson says, "they would still debate if he's qualified." "

I believe that blacks have made it pretty clear that you can't say anything bad about them without it be racist.

I don't think it will matter.
The man has practically been deified by the media and Hollywood, and since the media and Hollywood essentially drive the public opinion of this country, he's frikkin golden.
Hell, the other day he was trying to explain a bill he was signing and had to defer to his assistant to explain it, and this was hailed as a good thing by the media... it's gonna be a looooooong eight years..... :(

Whites-will have to be better because he is black
Blacks-will get away with more because he is black
Asian- will follow him around the store because he is black
Media-God...er..um Obama can do no wrong

Last edited:
I don't consider him very black. He is mixed race, and his personality reflects mostly anglo saxon characteristics.

But to try and stay on topic, I feel that the majority of people believing he is black helps him in some ways and hurts him in some ways. All in all, he probably breaks even and is not helped now harmed by his ethnicity.

I think if he does a average job, hell stil be looked on as a hero.

In other words, if he doesnt make anything worse, he is a sucess.

With or without him, the economy is going to turn in a year or so and he'll be able to claim that. So he has that going for him.

Unfortunately, he's taking the Bill Clinton approach to internal relations and terrorism. Which culminated in 9/11. So, we'll be seeing more of that.

He has to be better because he has so much pressure and promised so much....Everything he does is looked at under a microscope, Im actually quite sick of seeing his name on Yahoo News where almost every headline on that site has been about him for well over a month or two...

He has to be better because he has so much pressure and promised so much....Everything he does is looked at under a microscope, Im actually quite sick of seeing his name on Yahoo News where almost every headline on that site has been about him for well over a month or two...

That happens every new administration.

IML Gear Cream!
That happens every new administration.

Not to this extent....

Who would want to follow the mess the last administration caused?

people want him to be a "savior" what kind of pressure do you think that causes?

He can't screw up....

With or without him, the economy is going to turn in a year or so and he'll be able to claim that. So he has that going for him.

Unfortunately, he's taking the Bill Clinton approach to internal relations and terrorism. Which culminated in 9/11. So, we'll be seeing more of that.

And what makes you think the economy is going to turn?

My bet would be 2 years and 8 months.....anyone else taking any bets here?

He will do better because anything was an improvement. Having said that, I don't agree with the concept of making your cabinet picks based on having diversity. I've always been a, "Right person for the job" kind of guy.

He will do better because anything was an improvement. Having said that, I don't agree with the concept of making your cabinet picks based on having diversity. I've always been a, "Right person for the job" kind of guy.

I do believe he tried to do both.
I hope at least.

And what makes you think the economy is going to turn?

Bear in mind that by "turn", I don't mean "get really, really good." I mean that it's going to bottom out.

As for the "why", recession generally last for 8 - 16 months. The shit hit the fan about September of 2008. The 16th month mark is at the end of this year.

Yes, there are pundits saying that this is different while pointing to fabulous looking charts and tables. They say that every time. Go back and look at the collapse in 2000 or 1987.

That's my two cents anyway.

Holy Shit......Obama is Black? Really??????

he wil be better cause he is learning, with the times, and is humble.

.. and oh ya, smarter than the last 6 presidents

Back