• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Stiff Legged Deads + Regular Deads

Bradicallyman

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I have been doing regular deadlifts on back days and I was wondering if it would be necessary to do stiff legged deads on leg day as well.

My leg day consists of heavy squats, heavy lunges, hamstring curls and calf raises

I think you need some more ham work there anyways, whatever it is.

Doesnt have to be deads - could be hyper extensions, glute ham raises, some good mornings maybe.

i would just ditch the hamstring curls and just do romanian deadlifts instead but keep doing your regular deadlifts... i like to go heavy with regular deadlifts (5x5) and more like 3x8 for romanian deadlifts...

I would put the deadlift on lower body day and alternate it with squats. On days where you squat, do RDLs and on days where you deadlift do front squats or a single leg variation.

patrick

On days where you squat, do RDLs and on days where you deadlift do front squats or a single leg variation.

that's what i'm currently doing and it's working well for me...

deadlifts and back squats on the same day put too much stress on my lower back but i'm finding front squats don't put near the same amount of stress on my lower back...

right now i'm doing deadlifts (5x5) and front squats (3x8) and maybe some single leg work after that on one leg day and on the other i'll do heavy back squats (5x5) and romanian deadlifts (3x8) and some more single leg work after that... i've never had 2 lower body days in a split and so far i'm really enjoying it...

that's what i'm currently doing and it's working well for me...

deadlifts and back squats on the same day put too much stress on my lower back but i'm finding front squats don't put near the same amount of stress on my lower back...

right now i'm doing deadlifts (5x5) and front squats (3x8) and maybe some single leg work after that on one leg day and on the other i'll do heavy back squats (5x5) and romanian deadlifts (3x8) and some more single leg work after that... i've never had 2 lower body days in a split and so far i'm really enjoying it...

Yea I'm really digging front squats lately. My back is thanking me for it.

pulling from the floor.

Stiffs can be lowered to the floor...

yes, but the knee don't actively flex during a stiff legged deadlift - hence the name - making it different than a REGULAR deadlift.

are you really having a hard time wrapping your head around this?

patrick

I would put the deadlift on lower body day and alternate it with squats. On days where you squat, do RDLs and on days where you deadlift do front squats or a single leg variation.

patrick

you're advanced enough to do this, but i cant do DLs and squats on the same day, in fact DLs wipe me out and I squat 3 days later.
I do DL and SLDL on heavy pull day.

you're advanced enough to do this, but i cant do DLs and squats on the same day, in fact DLs wipe me out and I squat 3 days later.
I do DL and SLDL on heavy pull day.

I don't deadlift or squat on the same day either (occasionally front squat after deadlifting; but not back squat).

Most of the time I do tons of single leg work actually.

patrick

thanks for all the help guys. Funny thing.. I have been getting pains in my lower back and after reading up on some things, I think I have an exaggerated lordosis. Lost my job with insurance so I am screwed for awhile. I was advised to do stretches for my hip flexor, glutes, and hammies while strengthening my abs in order to pull everything back. During this time, I will be staying away from any lifts that put stress on my lower back. I might try front squats but for the first few weeks, I think I am going to stick to bulgarian squats, and the seated leg press.

Any thoughts on that?

try front squats... they really take a lot of stress off the lower back... you won't be able to squat as much but it's more comfortable to squat deeper i find...

try front squats... they really take a lot of stress off the lower back... you won't be able to squat as much but it's more comfortable to squat deeper i find...

I have never done them before. I will give them a try in a couple of weeks. Right now my lower back is bothering me too much to do anything like that. I just bought a lower back brace to wear to work (constant lifting and lowering) so hopefully that alleviates some of the pain.

i like front squats , i use them to switch it up one in awhile , i can really feel it in my core, and i can go deeper as well , just not as heavy which is fine by all means

Back