• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

I have a virus...

soxmuscle

Follow @TheUnzippedFly
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
One of my roommates, who won't take blame --which makes me even more mad because I don't have any details to how I got the virus-- went on my computer and completely fucked it up.

It was completely functionable before I went out to eat on Saturday night, I come back and suddenly I've got all sorts of viruses.

I pride myself in knowing computers and while I am pretty darn good with them, I have no idea how to salvage my computer and rid it of the virus.

Any help is appreciated.

:thumb:

Which one is it? Try avast home edition. Uninstall current anti virus then install avast. Do a boot scan, remember to set options in boot scan. There's one option that moves infected files to chest instead of deleting them. Also try A squared scanner.

Do A squared scan in safe mode.

Me too... hehe :D

Stay away from hookers next time and remember doubling up condoms causes friction and they both break....

Once daily Valtrex has been shown in clinical studies to decrease the number and severity of herpes breakouts.

I hear computers can get infected with the AIDS virus by visiting yankees.com.

IML Gear Cream!
One of my roommates, who won't take blame --which makes me even more mad because I don't have any details to how I got the virus-- went on my computer and completely fucked it up.

It was completely functionable before I went out to eat on Saturday night, I come back and suddenly I've got all sorts of viruses.

I pride myself in knowing computers and while I am pretty darn good with them, I have no idea how to salvage my computer and rid it of the virus.

Any help is appreciated.

:thumb:

1. Restart PC in Safe Mode w/ Networking Support (press F8 before Windows starts to load)

2. Go to Malwarebytes.org and download/install their anti-malware software (its free).

3. Scan your PC, I assume you can figure out how to install, update and use this software.

4. If that one does not remove everything there is another free one called SuperAntiSpyware (do a Google search for it) you can download and run.

What kind of stuff is happening? Popups, slowness, etc..

As others have said run those tools. In addition, you can run AdAware and Spybot. If you want to, post a log from HijackThis and I can tell you what is safe to remove.

What kind of stuff is happening? Popups, slowness, etc..

As others have said run those tools. In addition, you can run AdAware and Spybot. If you want to, post a log from HijackThis and I can tell you what is safe to remove.

I used to use Ad-aware and Spybot but they are both bloated piece of shits now a days, Malwarebytes, SuperAntiSpyware and Hijackthis are the only three I use anymore, if you can't clean a PC with those 3 you're better off formatting and starting over IMO.

Haha - I should have been more clear on the kind of virus I had.

Thanks for all the help guys, hopefully one of these programs does the trick!

P.S: Ladies, I'm disease free...

...that I am?

I would back up your stuff and format

often that is the solution, however that is a lot of work and time as well, especially if you have a lot of programs to download/reinstall and a lot of data. I will typically spend about 2-3 hours cleaning an infected PC, if I cannot clean it after 2-3 hours I would agree to back-up, format and reinstall everything from scratch.

often that is the solution, however that is a lot of work and time as well, especially if you have a lot of programs to download/reinstall and a lot of data. I will typically spend about 2-3 hours cleaning an infected PC, if I cannot clean it after 2-3 hours I would agree to back-up, format and reinstall everything from scratch.

You should consider an in-place reinstall before wiping.

You should consider an in-place reinstall before wiping.

No, I don't see how that is going to help ...however I forgot one other step I typically try which is using a Windows System Restore Point.

You need to go to Geeks to Go! - Tech experts answer your questions. You need to download everything they tell you to, then you need to run a hijackthis scan. You will need to post your hijackthis log, and they will tell you everything you need to do to get it off. Otherwise you need to back-up and reformat.

No, I don't see how that is going to help ...however I forgot one other step I typically try which is using a Windows System Restore Point.

Generally speaking, the only files that virus scan aren't going to remove are system files that have been replaced with virus-laden fakes. After you've removed all but those files, you replace the fakes by doing an inplace reinstall.

I've been a consultant for almost 10 years. There are times when wiping and reinstalling a server running a hard to install third-party app is a nightmare process that can take many, many hours.

Sometimes the owners didn't have the application install disks for that third-party app, but still needed the server running correctly again and that was how I fixed it.

Generally speaking, the only files that virus scan aren't going to remove are system files that have been replaced with virus-laden fakes. After you've removed all but those files, you replace the fakes by doing an inplace reinstall.

I've been a consultant for almost 10 years. There are times when wiping and reinstalling a server running a hard to install third-party app is a nightmare process that can take many, many hours.

Sometimes the owners didn't have the application install disks for that third-party app, but still needed the server running correctly again and that was how I fixed it.

it's not going to help with registry entries, hence why I also try using a system restore point if the scanners are unable to remove them.

Back