• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

body fat % scales

jk7761

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
As a general monitoring tool how accurate are these scales?
I realize there are many more accurate methods.

thanks built

Thanks Built, I copied the links and will read through them.

How far down can one go before it starts to get dangerous?

Thanks Built.
Printed out your links and added them to my workout bible.

Used your calorie scheduling info to make a chart for my wife and I.

Hey, that's great to hear - thanks!

I also own a Bioelectrical impedance analysis scale, but the readings are all shitty.

Was just reading Body fat percentage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How accurate are Anthropometric methods and Height and circumference methods methods? These are the only once that I can do.

I have heard that Skinfold methods are accurate, but i cant find the calipers anywhere!!! (India)

My Bf reading on Bioelectrical impedance analysis scale varies too much even if I measure at same time, drink water it changes, you piss it changes, you eat it changes, measure nude changes, Haven't tried farting but i am damn sure it will change :D

Why does every one run's away when asked about body fat measurement technique? Am i doing something wrong?

IML Gear Cream!
Did you try my ballpark method? Just use that, assume you neither gain nor lose muscle and plan your cut.

If you MUST know, get a DEXA and be done with it.

Whats DEXA?? Googling it....

Ok got it Dual energy X-ray absorptiometry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But the article mentions "DXA scans are primarily used to evaluate bone mineral density. DXA scans can also be used to measure total body composition and fat content. However, it has been suggested that, while being very accurate to measure minerals, it is very unreliable in measuring fat content - this was never it's original purpose."

No offense meant......

Did you try my ballpark method? Just use that, assume you neither gain nor lose muscle and plan your cut.

If you MUST know, get a DEXA and be done with it.

Built i can't find the ballpark method.....got a link?

Thanks for help...:)

Why don't we have a "Thanks" Smiley?

The water displacement tests are going to be the most accurate.. I had one of the bodyfat% scales and it wasn't that accurate at all and ended up not working after a while.

Thats called hydro static weighing....sadly it's not available in my country.:(

Actually, DEXA is the new gold standard.

IML Gear Cream!
I've had three. It's very low level.

Back