• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Help! Sufficing - Can I get a real workout using household items?

flashinglights

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'm co-oping in college, in a different city and can't go to my normal gym. I can't afford a gym membership either, even though it's a paying job. I'm staying with relatives in a house with some things I could maybe use in the basement. There are some empty buckets (I wanna say 5 gallons but they might be more) that I could use to do curls; a backpack (maybe load with bricks), exposed supports on the basement ceiling (stick a broom handle between the supports to do weighted pull ups). I can also do weighted and incline pushups using a chair. There's a treadmill - I could use the handles on the sides to do dips.

The REAL problem is squats and dead lifts. Buckets won't work for that. Have any of you ever had to get clever and actually came up with a good routine with household items? I'd be very greatful if you guys could help me get creative. I'm going to be out of town for a while.

Thanks in advance.

I checked my city - there's no smith machines up for sale on craigslist. Most people who train are idiots and just get a bench press that they never use. Even those start at 200 used. They have a high resale value since weights don't go out of style. The home gyms with cables are worthless to me. I guess I could try and buy a barbell and some weights and at least do dead lifts. I don't know how much they go for but I'll check into that.

you are better off with household items than a piece of shit smith machine.

patrick

Jeez this sucks.

You can't do the most important exercise without modern equipment.

Thanks for the help though.

Jeez this sucks.

You can't do the most important exercise without modern equipment.

Thanks for the help though.

yea you can. you need to have some imagination.

if I were you, I would check out FuFu's journal as he trains all at home with homemade stuff and it is incredible. I think he still has a journal here. I know he has one on another site for sure.

patrick

Maybe I should re-watch Rocky 4. He trains in a barn lol

I just posted a wanted ad on craigslist asking if anyone has a barbell and at least 200 lbs of plates.

I'll check out that guy's log. Thanks for the help.

Maybe I should re-watch Rocky 4. He trains in a barn lol

I just posted a wanted ad on craigslist asking if anyone has a barbell and at least 200 lbs of plates.

I'll check out that guy's log. Thanks for the help.

This is FuFu's journal. Honestly, it is awesome what he does with very little equipment. He is really resourceful!

patrick

Wow, single leg squat. I can't believe I didn't think of that. Thanks to you (and you too Fufu, if you're still around) for the info.

Back