• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Up and down with weight

neonebula2001

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I keep going between 184 and 187 pounds. I am stuck there right now unless my scale is broken. I have been checking this every two weeks. The odd thing is I have lost 1.5 inches around my waist in the last two weeks. I know I am taking off inches but not weight. Is it possible since I am not doing massive cardio now that I am stalling on weight loss?

The reason I stopped really going crazy on cardio is I have read that it can cause you to burn off the muscle your trying to gain. What do you all suggest I do?

Whey Protein with 8 ozs skim in the morning
2 eggs scrambled
2 slices unbuttered toast

Apple and granola bar around 10am

lunch
cottage cheese (1/ cup)
Chunk light tuna (1 can)
1 tsp low fat hellmans
pickle

3pm
lunchmeat sandwhich (turkey) on whole wheat

Dinner
Chicken or lean pork
salad with low fat drsg
mashed potatoe or veggie

8pm

apple or banana

No longer drnking regular soda pop

I keep going between 184 and 187 pounds. I am stuck there right now unless my scale is broken. I have been checking this every two weeks. The odd thing is I have lost 1.5 inches around my waist in the last two weeks. I know I am taking off inches but not weight. Is it possible since I am not doing massive cardio now that I am stalling on weight loss?

The reason I stopped really going crazy on cardio is I have read that it can cause you to burn off the muscle your trying to gain. What do you all suggest I do?

3 pounds? I can lose or gain more than that.Nothing to worry about.

Ever consider that while your losing your waist size but gaining weight that it might be lean muscle your actually gaining?

To me that's a good sign.

What time do you hit the gym? Might want to substitute the 8pm meal with something lower carb/higher protein. i like to eat cottage cheese, nat PB, or almonds before bed. Veggies are a good choice too. I def would avoid bananas so late in the day.

Thanks for the encouragement. I am really trying to use fit-day to track this stuff. SOmetimes I thnk it is pretty right on and others I think it is a good estimate. Seing how the calries add up and how they are broken down is helpful to keep me focused. I hated to give up the regular pop for diet but I was wasting about 600 calories a day on empty consumption. I feel stronger and can tell a deifference in endurnce. My little girl is feeling lighter to carry for one thing ;) and I can carry her longer without fatigue.

I am also avoiding the fast food places now that I realize you can blow all you calories for the day on a big-mac value meal and a diet soda!!!

What time do you hit the gym? Might want to substitute the 8pm meal with something lower carb/higher protein. i like to eat cottage cheese, nat PB, or almonds before bed. Veggies are a good choice too. I def would avoid bananas so late in the day.

This is incorrect. The whole don't eat carbs at night theory has been pretty much proven to be BS. All that matters is Calories in for the whole day. period.

What are the macros for your diet? Go to FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal and start up a journal. let us know your macros.

My body is very different than yours though. I can fluctuate 10 pounds in any given week. Obviously its not fat/muscle but my body bloats easily and I can hop on a scale one day and weigh 195 lbs and 2 days later hop back on and weight 185 (at the same time of day).

This is incorrect. The whole don't eat carbs at night theory has been pretty much proven to be BS. All that matters is Calories in for the whole day. period.

What are the macros for your diet? Go to FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal and start up a journal. let us know your macros.

My body is very different than yours though. I can fluctuate 10 pounds in any given week. Obviously its not fat/muscle but my body bloats easily and I can hop on a scale one day and weigh 195 lbs and 2 days later hop back on and weight 185 (at the same time of day).

What about glycemic impact? I know if I eat something simple like that before bed, i wake up in the AM starving, and shakey. However, I wake up feeling fine if i eat something high protein low carb before bed. What if he substituted the fruits for oatmeal, or something slower burning?

Fitday is great, It definitely is everything you need to track nutrition.

I have been using fit-day and learning a lot about what I am eating from it. By Macro's what do you mean? Are you talking Carbs, Fat, Protein?

So far today I have taken in 1065 calories with dinner and teh snack tonight to go.

Protein 23%
Carbs 37%
fat 39% (had to be the salami)

So far today I have taken in 1065 calories with dinner and teh snack tonight to go.

Protein 23%
Carbs 37%
fat 39% (had to be the salami)

How about a breakdown of the foods that you actually ate? IMO protein should def be higher.

Grams, not percentages, okay?

64.5 Gm Fat
141.5 Gm Carbs
106.3 Gm Protien

I just ate two soft chicken taco's for dinner (home made not the Bell) and that is where I sit. I will end the night with 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese.

What about glycemic impact? I know if I eat something simple like that before bed, i wake up in the AM starving, and shakey. However, I wake up feeling fine if i eat something high protein low carb before bed. What if he substituted the fruits for oatmeal, or something slower burning?

carbs are fine before bed its just that they are not very satiating so you wake up hungry , if u prefer protein and mono/polyunsaturated fats then power to ya theres just no harm in carbs before bed

Also based on my BAsal rate I need 3000 calories a day to stay at my current weight (this is per fit day). I am eating about 1200 calories less a day on average. I think to burn more fat off I may need to up the cardio a bit. I have the belly fat that I want gone (or seriosly depleted) by August.

1200 less? thats a hefty drop from maintenance i would try 2500 and monitor from there aim for a pound a week to keep the muscle you have now and keep adjusting your diet till u do lose a pound a week but cutting calories is generally 10-15% below maintenance lift heavy weights low reps and cardio is not necessary for fat loss its all about the diet , if you like cardio and love running then by all means go ahead if you hate it like me then there is no need

Also based on my BAsal rate I need 3000 calories a day to stay at my current weight (this is per fit day).
Ignore what fitday tells you that you are supposed to have for any of your calorie levels. You get that part by tracking your intake. A quick and dirty for maintenance estimation is 13-15 times your bodyweight. To lose weight, eat less than this.

I am eating about 1200 calories less a day on average.
This is far too low
I think to burn more fat off I may need to up the cardio a bit.
not on 1200 calories a day you don't!
I have the belly fat that I want gone (or seriosly depleted) by August.
Fix your diet. What you are doing isn't smart.

At 180 - ish pounds, your maintenance is likely around 2500-2700. Try setting your calories at 2200 for a while, with about 200-250g protein and at least 80g of fat. See how that feels and monitor your weight daily.

I know that I feel hungry :) I will up things by adding on some more protien.

And more food, indeed.

IML Gear Cream!
Thanks Built!!

I will start eating more for sure then. I am tracking it diligently and learning to make better choices. I know that I have been feeling pretty hungry too. So could I be in a mode where my body is slowing down its metabolism due to decreased caloric intake and this would be counter productive to me?

I'm not sure how long you've kept calories super low while being very active, but it is possible.

Back