• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Desert Fire

IML Gear Cream!
I can smelllll what the Rock is cookin'! However...I am used to one BP per workout...so kinda hard to break from that.
also gonna need a little help with your thoughts...as I'm getting tired...

So...
'Upper Horizontal' would be:
Mil presses, raises and upright rows and pullups/downs? that's about all I can think of?

'Upper Vert' would be:
bench presses and rows?

Quads would be:
squats and ext

and hammies would be:
Deads and leg curls?

Is my tired brain grasping your idea? :hmmm:

switch horizontal and vertical and you're correct. remember, horizontal=horizon=side to side=laying down/bent over. Vertical=up and down.

stick with compounds and get your shit back to where you used to be, then go from there.

OR, if you want to go to a more bodypart type split like you're used to, do it so you have overlapping exercises so parts get worked directly once a week and indirectly once a week, just for more stimulation

for example:
Day 1
legs and bis
squats (legs direct)
leg press (legs direct)
close grip chins or pulldowns (bis direct, back indirect)
preacher curls (bis direct)

day 2
chest and abs
bench press (chest direct, shoulders/tris indirect)
db bench press (chest direct, tris indirect)
db flies (chest direct)
crunches
leg lifts

day 3
off

day 4
back and traps
deadlifts (legs/back direct, traps indirect)
rows (back direct, bis indirect)
wide grip pullups/pulldowns (back direct, bis/forearms indirect)
shrugs (traps direct)

day 5
shoulders/tris
overhead press (shoulders direct, tris indirect)
seated db shoulder press
dips (tris direct, chest indirect)
skulls (tris)

I like sassy....

27 Mar 09

DELTS / TRIS

Seated DB Mil Press:
35*12, 45*10, 55*6, 55*5, 55*5, 35*10

Upright Rows:
**How much does a cambered bar weigh? 25lbs? if so:
75*10, 75*10, 75*10
Lateral Raises:
20*10, 20*10, 20*10
--compund Set--
Close Grip Bench Press:
95*10, 95*10, 95*10

Tri Ext:
100*10, (drop set) 150*5, 100*10

***Time
** Felt better. Still getting gassed 1/2 way thru...that will pass.
**That odd feeling in my right delt started again, so dropped last set of mil presses back down in weight.
** overall, felt like a good workout.

28 mar 09
BACK:

Blech....
Lat Pull Down:
100*10

Single Arm Cybex Pull Down Thingie:
5* 90*5

Bent Over Rows:
5* 135*5

SLDL:
3* 135*10

WG BB Curls:
Bar*10, 2* 65*10

***another less than great workout. Maybe I'm still hoping for too much too soon? Lat pull down machine wasn't moving very well...prolly too much gunk causing friction

** Tried to do a pull up...nope. Ol fat-ass can't do a single fuqqin pull up anymore..,I USED to be able to do 50 of the buggers...or do sets of weighted PU's..now...not one. PATHETIC

** Found this plat form that I was able to use for SLDL. Wished I had figured that out first...always liked to start off the workout with that move.

** next week will be better.

** even though pants are feeling a little looser...weight is still saying 225...hhmm...something is suspect.

***gosh...isn't there some miracle pill that will burn off that fat, restore the muscle and while I'm at it..make my 'junk' grow while watching cartoons? no? ok...guess I'll go back to the gym on sunday...anf guess I'm S.O.L. in the junk department...
:p

Hey Stew! Built!
Thanks for the inputs! Am looking at them. I like the idea of compounding exercises to expedite my workouts.
I may change up y'alls ideas a little:

D1: Horizontal: Bench, Inc bench / Rows, DB Rows / Tris
D2: Vertical: Mil Press, Upright Row / Pull Down, Rev Grip CG Pull Down / Bis
D3: LEGS: Squat / SLDL
D4: off
D5: Horizontal: Bench, Dec Bench / Rows, Machine Rows / Tris
D6: Vertical: Vertical: Standing Mil Press, Shrugs / Pull Down, Rev Grip CG Pull Down / Bis
D7: LEGS: Deads / Front Squats
...keep rotation

I should be able to compound those if gym isn't busy.
(leg exercises will remain separate)

:clapping:

I know! I just read your journal!
Glad to hear you are on road to recovery!
Miss talking with you too!
oh yeah...I skipped the country...that was bitch to do over water, by the way...
<rim shot, please!>

IML Gear Cream!
30 Mar 09

(can't believe its almost April already) :mooh:

CHEST:
Bench Press:
135*12, 135*12, 185*4, 185*4, 185*4, 185*4, 185*4, 135*10

Inc DB Bench Press:
60*5, 60*5, 60*5, 60*5,

Dec Bench Press:
135*8, 135*8, 135*8,

**Took 10 minutes longer than I wanted it. Total time: 40 mintutes, start to finish. Batman and Robin was on the TV and I took a too long Ri's...

** still not happy that 185 felt heavy... :(
** Next week, will go for 205lbs. Maybe a mental block? Am hoping that once I break back into the 200's, it may be like 'switching gears'? Do some more lower weight, higher rep stuff, puch a few heavier sets...

** my ego keeps getting in the way..I know...I know....
***Ego: :banned:

*** One more week of night shift. April 4th, back on day shift. Start new schedule then. Hope to be able to boogie to gym early in day before crowd gets in so I can do my compound exercises to keep my 30-40 minute workouts...

hmmm....eggos with peanut butter....

ego AND eggos are banned...

well...I AM in your future....
:p
guess I could be your wake up reminder...

31 Mar 09
LEGS!
SQUAT!
135*12, 185*10, 225*10, 225*10, 225*8 :)

Leg Press:
4 sets of 10*380

DEADS!
225*5, 225*5, 275*5, 275*4

** Felt the animal stirrin' within... :eek:

*** I willed myself to go heavy tonight. Does that make any sense? I'm tired of the little weights...gotta push here-n-there to make some gains back.

*** Leg Press still felt light, but I was pushing for time

** Deads felt pretty dam good. last set, I might have gotten rep 5...but man, was tired.

**We'll see how the back works out tomorrow...goal: ONE honest to goodness pull up! even if its kicking and screaming, bicycling my legs all the way up...Mike's gonna do at least....ONE pull up! Vengance shall be mine!
muhahhaaa.....
:rolleyes::D

that's so weird.. you post March 31 and it's the 30th here.. I can never get use to that.

Nice leg day... we had our's yesterday and I'm walking like a ........ you'd probably fill that in with..... 'Chinese whore on a good day'.... or something like that...

yep,, uh huh.... that's about it... did I say I really dislike being this friggin sore?????

that's so weird.. you post March 31 and it's the 30th here.. I can never get use to that.

Nice leg day... we had our's yesterday and I'm walking like a ........ you'd probably fill that in with..... 'Chinese whore on a good day'.... or something like that...

yep,, uh huh.... that's about it... did I say I really dislike being this friggin sore?????
I was gonna go wiht something more innocent like: franken-katt...but chinese whore works too...
:roflmao:
it is now:0700hours Tuesday morning...my shift relief just got here...gonna do turn over and head to bed.
Have a great day!

I think I mentioned my Phase II of my 'Afghanistan Make Over'
: Edumacation. I've ordered several books to help prepare for 4 different certifications I am going for, maybe adding a 5th.
Starting tonight, I am going to read at least one chapter per night...if not more, but at least one per night. That's the goal.
So, let the page turning begin...:nerd:

Thats great, what are the certifications in?

Computers.
So far I have:
A+, NET+ and a Microsoft MCP.
I'm going to add: Server+, Security+, CCNA and CISSP. MAYBE go back for Microsoft MCSE. I also need to learn Unix/Linux...and software a buddy back home tells me I need to bone up on to be able to do what he's doing. He's doing...very well...

How's you?

Computers.
So far I have:
A+, NET+ and a Microsoft MCP.
I'm going to add: Server+, Security+, CCNA and CISSP. MAYBE go back for Microsoft MCSE. I also need to learn Unix/Linux...and software a buddy back home tells me I need to bone up on to be able to do what he's doing. He's doing...very well...

How's you?

Good for you!
I feel fat, it was my friends birthday today so I had some cheesecake with caramel and whip cream all over it then I came home and had tapioca pudding. Besides my diet I am fabulous, I'm going to watch a bodybuilding show this weekend...I hope it'll give me some inspiration

sweet! Sometimes you just have to say: WTF and endulge. Truth of the matter: you only go around once. Keep your life balanced. You have to be able to enjoy the junk food once in a while if you like it. Just spend a little more time in the gym to compensate.

If it makes you feel any better, I was gonna go do cardio this evening...but something I ate earlier...well...exercising not a good idea.

yep...I'll be a bonafide geek when I leave here...a good lookin', athletic one...but a geek nonetheless...
:D HA!

Back