• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Former Mets and Yankees outfielder Darryl Strawberry: 'Hell yeah,' I would've used st

min0 lee

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Former Mets and Yankees outfielder Darryl Strawberry: 'Hell yeah,' I would've used steroids

BY ADAM RUBIN
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Tuesday, March 3rd 2009, 2:51 PM

PORT ST. LUCIE - Darryl Strawberry would have taken steroids had they been widely available in the 1980s, the former Mets great said Tuesday.

"Hell, yeah, I would have used it. Are you kidding me?" Strawberry said in Mets camp, as he kicked off a week as a guest instructor.

Strawberry made the statement while throwing his support behind Alex Rodriguez.

"I have a hard time with the union when one player out of 104 players' names comes out and it's Alex Rodriguez, on testing that was done that there was supposed to be confidentiality," Strawberry said. "Obviously somebody has had it out for him. It's not fair. If you're going to name one, why don't you name all of them? That's the only problem I have with this situation. They have put him in a situation where it's just him alone against the world. That's not fair because he's not the only one.

"He's taking the bullet for everybody. He admitted he was wrong and everything. I think that should be enough for everybody."

Strawberry only backtracked slightly about blaming the union when it was noted that the leak of A-Rod's name very likely came from elsewhere.

Reminded Strawberry's career extended into the mid-'90s, when steroids would have been available to him, Strawberry said: "I was too old. I was late in the game. If you would have caught me when I was 24, 25, in the midst of my career, of course. I was naïve, stupid, just like Alex was. When I saw his comments, I could relate to that, because I was stupid too when I was a 24-, 25-, 26-year-old. I did a lot of stupid things."

gotta love strawberry!

No shit!

He would have gotten Orals, crushed them up and snorted them.

What drugs wouldn't Darryl take? :rolleyes:

Back