• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Desperately need new routine..experienced lifter

thereaperman

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey everyone, i need a routine where I hit each body part 2x per week or close to that.. My routine was as follows:

Monday: chest, shoulders, triceps
Tuesday: back,bi,legs
Wednesday: off
Thursday: chest, shoulders, triceps
Friday: Back, Biceps, triceps
Saturday: off
Sunday: off

(around 24 sets each day)

I felt this was too much stress on the front delts, (involved in flat bench, incline. military, upright rows.. so I need to change)

Any ideas? Thanks!

Hey everyone, i need a routine where I hit each body part 2x per week or close to that.. My routine was as follows:

Monday: chest, shoulders, triceps
Tuesday: back,bi,legs
Wednesday: off
Thursday: chest, shoulders, triceps
Friday: Back, Biceps, triceps
Saturday: off
Sunday: off

(around 24 sets each day)

I felt this was too much stress on the front delts, (involved in flat bench, incline. military, upright rows.. so I need to change)

Any ideas? Thanks!

You are possibly about to get eaten up alive.

EDIT - I just noticed you have everybody part twice, except legs. Why?

oops, I work legs in with back/bi on Tuesdays and Thursdays

i assume you mean tues and fri.
that would mean that you already work each body part 2x per week.
I had some problems with my rc and used to work delts with chest so i just swapped and worked them on seperate days and found that was much better on the shoulder.
if you want a simple fix you can just swap legs for shoulders.
I like the pairing of shoulders and back because it really works the traps which used to be a lagging muscle of mine.
just my two cents anyhow.

Why don't you do supersets?

D1:Biceps and triceps
D2:Hamstrings and quads
D3:Chest and back.
D4: Off.
Repeat for D5-7.

Yeah I meant legs on Tuesday and Friday

sendit,

I will try shoulders on a different day however I dont want to work them the next day after chest, any ideas?

Natural,

When do you work shoulders in that routine? without overtraining your front delts

Throw 'em in on Bi/Tri day.

If you're worried about overtraining your Front Delts, leave that to benching and then do some rear delt workouts on Bi/Tri/Delt day.

What you have is not a routine, you have a Split.

A routine is a set of exercises with given sets x reps.

A split is separating the training of body parts through out a week or however long.

p-funk said:
"If you are still training body parts and not movements, you have missed a signifigant amount of information written on the subject of resistance training in the past 10 years."

-Mike Boyle

A good start: OSP Blog » Blog Archive » K.I.S.S.

If you are looking for a new routine, take a look at http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/training/31408-power-rep-range-shock-basics.html

yeah I could try throwing them in with bi/tri...I love doing military presses so I'm kinda in a bind...perhaps just do one or two sets...

wouldn't it be better to start with chest/back then legs then shoulders/bi/tri rather then start the week with arms?

D1: Back and Shoulder Press..Row, Press, Pull Up
D2: Work up to Heavy Back Squats .. after.. do Leg Circuit
D3:Chest AM & Tris and Bi Superset PM
D4: Rest
D5: Rest
Repeat

Alternated 5x5 then Pyramids next grouping

I'm happy with this after feeling the same way.

IML Gear Cream!
yeah I could try throwing them in with bi/tri...I love doing military presses so I'm kinda in a bind...perhaps just do one or two sets...

wouldn't it be better to start with chest/back then legs then shoulders/bi/tri rather then start the week with arms?

It was just an example, you may format it however you like.

And Digital is right, training in terms of body parts can be effective but there are much, much more effective programs/splits out there.

Is there a reason that you do this split?

Well I wanted to hit each body part 2x per week.. or close to it.. not just once a week, for example chest every monday type of split. The split I listed above was just recommended by a natural bodybuilder, and from researh it seemed a push/pull routine was the best route. Now I feel like I am overtraining my delts and don't know when to work shoulders and I have been reading so much with so many different theories my head is spinning haha

Well I wanted to hit each body part 2x per week.. or close to it.. not just once a week, for example chest every monday type of split. The split I listed above was just recommended by a natural bodybuilder, and from researh it seemed a push/pull routine was the best route. Now I feel like I am overtraining my delts and don't know when to work shoulders and I have been reading so much with so many different theories my head is spinning haha

Yeah i hear ya man.

Do you stick to mostly compound movements?

Everybody is different, and different programs work for different people.

i.e., for me, i do a total body workout 3x a week.

Looks like:

Heavy Squats 3x10
DB press 3x8
Weighted Chins
Weighted Dips
Cable Rows
Military Press
Shrugs

It's killer, but it has worked for me.

Just gotta find which one is best for your body.

Felt the same way and RC problems. Better with what I posted. You'll work it out like I did, one way or another. It's different for each of us.

What are your goals?

I'm still trying to bulk up..I'm 6'0 195 right now... 8 months ago I was 175 so I have made pretty good progress... want to lift for size even though I have gotten a little thick around the mid section from eating so much.

I'm still trying to bulk up..I'm 6'0 195 right now... 8 months ago I was 175 so I have made pretty good progress... want to lift for size even though I have gotten a little thick around the mid section from eating so much.

Awesome, keep at it man.:thumb:

I use to have the same problem with my splits. I realized I was over training, trying to hit everything twice a week. Once I backed off a bit, I realized I was making great gains.

Personally, about a year ago I started P/RR/S, however, at the time I was training at home. I had a squat rack and was able to do most of the exercises, but not all due to the fact that I did not have a cable system. My gains were OK. About 4 months ago, I joined a new gym that has everything for me to follow P/RR/S exactly as outlined. My gains have gone through the roof. Periodization and not over training have been the keys to my success in my opinion.

Good Luck!

IML Gear Cream!
Could you or someone possibly lay out there split for P/RR/S?

I just read up on it and I was wondering what days you work each body part?

Could you or someone possibly lay out there split for P/RR/S?

I just read up on it and I was wondering what days you work each body part?

monday: chest/delts/abs
tuesday: quads/hams/calves
wednesday: off
thursday: lats/traps/low back/abs
friday: bis/tris/forearms/calves
saturday: 0ff
sunday: off

monday: chest/delts/abs
tuesday: quads/hams/calves
wednesday: off
thursday: lats/traps/low back/abs
friday: bis/tris/forearms/calves
saturday: 0ff
sunday: off

He's worried about overtraining his delts.
Though this split seems fine.

I just copied and pasted this from Gopro's article above at this forum regarding 'P/RR/S basics'. I'm sure Gopro would respond to any specific questions regarding overtraining.

Back