• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

2009 NBA Season/Post Season

natural^

I need an updated pic!
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
First off, Dwayne Wade beasted it last night. Good game, didn't see it, but the highlights were sure good.

What do you think of the Ariza foul on Rudy?

Finals preview? Who do you have in it?

I fell asleep during the Laker game last night, so I can't comment on Arizas foul.

But, I gotta go with the Lake show again this year coming out of the West.

Yeah, LA is almost a sure lock as the Conference champs. Kudos to SA for getting back on track after a rough start, and to Utah for their 11game (and counting) win streak.

The East is definitely going to be interesting, i'm still holding my ground that Boston will meet the Lakers again in the Finals.

Really anticipating the Celtics/Cavs showdown.

It was a legal foul and he shouldn't have been given a flagrant-two.

He hit the ball and then just happened to swipe his neck/head on his follow through.

Suns are done with a loss last night. They'll begin to throw in the towel.

Lake Show come up with two huge wins on back to back nights in Houston and San Anton.

I just don't give a crap about NBA basketball anymore.

It was a legal foul and he shouldn't have been given a flagrant-two.

He hit the ball and then just happened to swipe his neck/head on his follow through.

Suns are done with a loss last night. They'll begin to throw in the towel.

Lake Show come up with two huge wins on back to back nights in Houston and San Anton.

Yeah and Boston come up with 2 back to back losses. They really need Marbury to step in, and for KG and crew to get healthy again.

Yeah and Boston come up with 2 back to back losses. They really need Marbury to step in, and for KG and crew to get healthy again.

They definitely need KG, they are a totally different team with him on the line up. Marbury seems to have no legs when he takes a shot, the shot is flat. He needs more games under his belt to get in game shape, I'll be tuned in to see how he performs all the way to the playoffs.

Leon Powe did great last night against Memphis. He's no KG, but he is helping the C's survive.

Kobe scores 24, in a 113-100 win over Jazz. But propers to Ariza, for an outstanding game.

just incredibull series with the celtics...even after the garbage calls in celtics favor.

I don't really enjoy watching the NBA anymore, but the Celtics/Bulls series is fun.

I don't really enjoy watching the NBA anymore, but the Celtics/Bulls series is fun.

Same here... I really hope the Bulls pull it off, but they do seem really inexperienced.. their youth is showing: blowing leads, not making clutch free throws, stupid late mistakes.... they seemed determined to lose last night. In a couple years if the team holds together, they'll be awesome.

Ray Allen is a bad ass.

Garnett & Pierce I wouldn't mind punching.

Bulls win, marbury stinks....Glad my miami heat did not pick him up.

It took seven games and I lost a lot of money in the process but the Celtics finally proved last night that they are the far superior team to the Chicago Bulls.

Onto Orlando...

Mar-red run for Stephon with Celtics
May 2, 2009
Okay, so Stephon Marbury looked rather tentative against the Chicago Bulls. At times, he even looked scared.
I think there are several reasons why Marbury wasn't much of a factor, especially offensively, in Boston's riveting seven-game series. The most obvious reason is that Marbury is not the same player he once was. On top of that, he sat out most of the season before he was released by the Knicks.
Once Marbury arrived in Boston he was playing a new role; back-up guard. Rajon Rondo was always going to play a majority of the minutes, and, once Marbury missed a shot, he was reluctant to shoot. Thus, Doc Rivers cut Marbury's playing time.
I also believe that one reason Marbury was so timid is his fear of failure. He joined the Celtics because he felt that Boston had a great chance to repeat as NBA champions. But things changed once it was announced that Kevin Garnett was ruled out for the playoffs due to a knee injury. (By the way, those rumors about Garnett playing in Game 7 were utterly absurd. When a player has missed essentially the last three months it is highly unlikely that the player will have much of an impact in his first game back, much less a Game 7).
But back to Marbury, who up until Saturday night had never been out of the first round. Imagine how much grief Marbury would have received had the Celtics failed to defeat the Bulls. After all the controversy surrounding Marbury's departure from New York and his arrival in Boston, an early playoff knockout would have been embarrassing.
Instead, Marbury advances to face the Orlando Magic and his old playground buddy Rafer Alston. With some of the pressure now off of his shoulders, I think Marbury will be more relaxed in the second round and will give the Celtics some much needed scoring off the bench.
He'll be better because he can't be much worse.

Read more: "Knicks Knation - NY Daily News" - Knicks Knation - NY Daily News

IML Gear Cream!
It took seven games and I lost a lot of money in the process but the Celtics finally proved last night that they are the far superior team to the Chicago Bulls.

Onto Orlando...

far superior? :roflmao:

I don't see how anyone can say these teams weren't pretty evenly matched. I'll give you that Boston is the better team, but 'far superior' is a dream.

far superior? :roflmao:

I don't see how anyone can say these teams weren't pretty evenly matched. I'll give you that Boston is the better team, but 'far superior' is a dream.

Not at all.

The Bulls won three overtime games that the Celtics had every chance to put them away in.

The Bulls played out of their ass in their three wins and their true colors were shown in games three and seven.

Great series but it just as easily could have been a sweep.

Watching the Bulls (probably more than you do), they're definitely heading in the right direction.

Rose is excellent, Noah is excellent. If Tyrus Thomas can become effective from 15 feet, he'll be a starter in this league.

I like what they're doing, I just hope they add to this current nucleus and don't throw in the towel on 2010 with Miller and Salmons being free agents after next season and the great free agent class coming.

Marbury has been ineffective for two reasons.

He hasn't been able to make shots and he hasn't been able to determine when the right time to take shots is.

He's a "baller" as he said when he first resigned and he's been able to keep up on the defensive end because of it but playing on an outdoor town court and playing in front of 20k in the Garden is a different situation.

He'll only get better as time goes on though...

Can't wait for tonights game, Houston VS Lakers. It should be a good one.

Lakers should win this series.

Marbury has been ineffective for two reasons.

He hasn't been able to make shots and he hasn't been able to determine when the right time to take shots is.

He's a "baller" as he said when he first resigned and he's been able to keep up on the defensive end because of it but playing on an outdoor town court and playing in front of 20k in the Garden is a different situation.

He'll only get better as time goes on though...

He had a good first half against Orlando. So why was he riding most of the bench for the remainder of the game?

Can Glen Davis dunk? :hmmm: He's always shooting the ball when near the rim. Someone his size should be throwing it down.

That was a crazy mis-call from the officials, allowing carmello to take that 3-pointer at the end of the game. Not that I care because I can't stand the Mavericks. If I were the officials, I would have given Marc Cuban a technical foul for being on the court after that miscall. That guy is such a dip shit.

patrick

That victory LA pulled out over Denver last night was pretty impressive.

Looking forward to tonights too!

Back