• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Making/saving money

egodog48

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Since my last post on this type of theme was not invited very well, although I understand where you guys are coming from, it perhaps came off the wrong way. Right now I am in a fairly comfortable position, but am extremely frugal with my living as I have literally had to live off of tuna and beans for about 1 year of my life. THis was shortly before I joined the forum life. Needless to say, it changed my spending habits because you never know what is going to happen.

As of recent, I have stumbled upon a few different sites that offer up some unique opportunities that those with a little expendible income may want to take advantage of.
Check out Buy Stocks Online and invest your money at ShareBuilder
and check out Personal Loans & Investing with Peer Lending - Lending Club

I also want to hear from you guys. If you know of anything out there offering great deals or coupons, I want to hear it.

Also search for wootalyzer(sp?). You can link all the wheycheap.com type sites for some pretty good deals, and they will pop up on the pc everytime one comes up.
If you are interested, I will post links for sharebuilder where you can get free money by using promotional codes (this is after an initial investment into stocks).

Interesting thread, I need to start messing with stocks.

This should interest Double base.

Interesting thread, I need to start messing with stocks.

This should interest Double base.

I have already made a pretty fair amount off stocks already, dealing primarily with junk stocks since I dont have enough to buy mass quantities of more expensive stocks.

I have already made a pretty fair amount off stocks already, dealing primarily with junk stocks since I dont have enough to buy mass quantities of more expensive stocks.

4% on junk stocks and 4% on blue chips are the same thing. You don't need to buy in bulk.

4% on junk stocks and 4% on blue chips are the same thing. You don't need to buy in bulk.

That is correct, however, high volume junk stocks have much more potential to change in my favor by the way I have been trading. I also am much more comfortable knowing that a once highly sought after stock that is now under $5 may have the potential to rise quite high again, obviously leaving me with a higher long term gain if I so choose to not use it for short term gains. And yes, many stocks have dropped well below value, but I still am a firm believer in junk stocks.

Does this mean I dont trade with anything else? No, but I have made the majority of my money this way, outside of a few inverse ETF's. Perhaps I am one of the few that look at thinsg this way, but Im okay with that as long as I am not one of the many amateurs making the professionals richer.

Does this also mean I think I know near what I need to to become successful? Not even a little bit. Im always open to anyone wanting to talk about it, or point me in the direction of any books I can pick up. I do have a financial background, but not in securities or anything of the like.

Wouldnt you agree though that the ability of a blue chip stock to move up by the same percent is relatively lower than some of the high volume junks? Again, I really cant watch it all, as I have a day job, bt just by spot checking, it doesnt seem this way.

I stick with the buffet mentality for investing. Invest in a company you know about and feel comfortable with. Let it stay in there for at least 5 to 10 years. So far that has not worked out so well. Although I have been doing some dollar cost averaging with my big companies, GE, Citicorp and E-trade. I like to keep my portfolio simple. At least in the beginning. Maybe once I get a couple hundred grand I can really start diversifying. I do a 401K here at work. I don't follow that much. Which I plan on looking into in the next couple weeks. Again I like to keep all my finances simple.

I invested $2692 in stocks and after the recession the value is $637. That's real shitty by any standard. But i am holding as all companies are good & will sustain, anyway's my money is locked for at least 5 Years or so, I hope so.

Mutual funds are doing ok but not that OK.

I invested $2692 in stocks and after the recession the value is $637. That's real shitty by any standard. But i am holding as all companies are good & will sustain, anyway's my money is locked for at least 5 Years or so, I hope so.

Mutual funds are doing ok but not that OK.

But it could be so much worse

Back