• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Actor Kal Penn's surprise suicide on 'House' opens way to job with Obama White House

min0 lee

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
This caught me by surprise, at first I thought he really did die....they had a little memorial at the end.

I like this show, I like his gruffness.
Actor Kal Penn's surprise suicide on 'House' opens way to job with Obama White House
BY MICHAEL SAUL
DAILY NEWS POLITICAL CORRESPONDENT

Updated Tuesday, April 7th 2009, 11:54 AM

New Jersey-born actor Kal Penn, who played a stoner Guantanamo Bay escapee in the movies and a doctor on TV's "House," has scored a job in the White House. Way to go, dude!

Penn, 31, will become associate director in the White House Office of Public Liaison, administration officials confirmed Tuesday.

The actor campaigned extensively throughout the country for President Obama last year and was a hit on college campuses.

In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Penn explained why he decided to leave "House." His character inexplicably committed suicide in an episode that aired Monday night.

"I was incredibly honored a couple of months ago to get the opportunity to go work in the White House," Penn explained. "I got to know the President and some of the staff during the campaign and had expressed interest in working there."

Penn described the office as the "front door" of the White House, saying he'll be responsible for doing outreach with the American public.

"They take out all of the red tape that falls between the general public and the White House," he said. "It's similar to what I was doing on the campaign."

Penn gained fame as the co-star of the raucous and profane "Harold and Kumar" stoner comedies that have become a cult favorite with fans worldwide. The first installment, "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle," followed the misadventures of two New Jersey guys with a pot-stoked craving for their favorite burgers.

He famously smoked weed with a fictional President Bush in the sequel, "Harold and Kumar: Escape from Guantanamo Bay,"

Penn also starred in Mira Nair's 'The Namesake,' and played a terrorist in a recurring role on "24."

Penn acknowledged that ditching Hollywood for Washington comes with a massive pay cut.

"There's not a lot of financial reward in these jobs," he said. "But, obviously, the opportunity to serve in a capacity like this is an incredible honor."

As it turns out, Penn will not be working in the White House, per se. His office will be in the Eisenhower Executive Office Building, located next to the West Wing and housing most of the White House staff.

Penn, an Indian-American born in Montclair, New Jersey, said he's long been interested in both the arts and public service. His grandparents marched with Gandhi in the Indian independence movement, "and that was always in the back of my head."

On the campaign trail, Kumar helped get actor friend Brendan Rough, aka Superman in "Superman Returns," to stump for Obama. On occasion, they campaigned together.

Asked if he's giving up acting, Penn replied, "Not necessarily."

"Who's to say where any path leads?" he said. "I still have a passion for it. But for the time being, I won't be acting."

Very cool, that was a good story Min0.

Call me when you have trouble sleeping, I can give wonderful bedtime stories.
:callme:

you have got to be kidding me

Yeah, were just being facetious that's what we do here!

Yeah, he's the ombudsman for the Legalize It Program Obama is working on......we's gonna be shmokin' in the boys room with no recourse, not shmokin pole like Min0, but ganja the good stuff, da spleef of sensimi(y)a.........or they realized that after Slum Dog Millionaire there weren't enough people of Indian descent to keep the staff fashionable.....

Yeah, he's the ombudsman for the Legalize It Program Obama is working on......we's gonna be shmokin' in the boys room with no recourse, not shmokin pole like Min0, but ganja the good stuff, da spleef of sensimi(y)a.........or they realized that after Slum Dog Millionaire there weren't enough people of Indian descent to keep the staff fashionable.....

Hey!

IML Gear Cream!
Kal Penn spoke on Obama' behalf here at school earlier this year.

Cool. See, you can make a lot of dough and not be a greedy bastard!

Back